April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    My run brain is making me consider something that's absolutely crazy....... ugh, I forgot how "inspired" I get from my long runs..... #downsideofrunninglongagain
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Whatmerunning Yes, I have Glonass turned on.

Here's what I'm looking at... elevation seems odd as well:

Mine (Garmin Fenix 3 HR):
    43f464b31dc1e7d40ec64f9ac3924c56.png
    54264c721755090e5261752ef7fb2b70.png

User with Garmin Forerunner 230:
    f2406e39fad86693b144c17b497c9f7a.png
    *Those loops in the top right are not correct. The trail does not cross itself there.
    8efa52a52ea8286ce2b9ba2776f7d4e0.png
    *More distance total and less elevation than mine.

User with Garmin Forerunner 220:
    6edaf6780daaf882b1fdf5b1bf108b4d.png
    *Only 1 loop where it appears as though the trail crosses itself.
    a710e5982e91a8f000293b1b97550cec.png
    *Highest distance, but lowest elevation. Distance is closest to 12K.

After looking at these more closely, I'm wondering now if maybe mine is closest to being correct and the distance isn't really 12K. As to the parts that I can easily pick out as being incorrect, mine actually looks closest. It's just odd to me that both last weekend's 10K and this weekend's 12K would both give actual distances shorter than what they were supposed to be. Does this make sense?
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui - thinking of you and my heart breaks for what you and your son are going through.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    WK: 3/27/17 - 4/2/17

M - 12 m. 9:55 pace.
    T - 10 m. 9:33 pace.
    W - 8.1 m. 9:35 pace.
    T - OFF
    F - 8.1 m. 10:00 pace. 221.4 miles in March.
    S - 5.2 m.
    S -
    Total -
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @midwesterner85 I've had 3 races, 5k, 10k and HM come up short. All 3 were certified courses. Some other runners had longer distances for the same races, but the fact is, short courses happen, even though they are certified
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui - ❤️
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Scientists call running a terrible exercise!! :anguished: Find out why here:
    http://bit.ly/2nWtZg3
  • OSUbuckeye906
    OSUbuckeye906 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB You ran a marathon all by yourself just because??? And in an awesome time too! Sorry, I have no advice about the bladder but I can sympathize as I have a weak bladder on runs sometimes but only if I stop or walk...so I just keep going and it goes away. Haven't had to stop to use a bathroom yet in a race. Hope your issues don't carry over during race time too! Also, thanks for mentioning the Barkley Marathons. I had no idea it was this weekend. I just watched the Netflix documentary again with my mom and stepdad a few weeks ago.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @OSUbuckeye906 yeah the mood struck, I was feeling Barkley vibes and I just got new Kinvara 8's this morning (since the "replacement" offered to my husband on the Guide 10's I destroyed were POS New Balance shoes I hate). I figure if Gary Robbins can run presumably a hell of a lot faster than me for three days there is no reason I can't run for less than 4 hours ;)

I didn't stop or walk but my bladder was BAD. I'm sure the woman at the Tags thinks there is something wrong with me lol. And TMI but I was taking 2:30 per bathroom stop basically (because wash your hands people, I don't want your plague ;) ) and multiplied by 8 that's 20 minutes I lost! That's embarassing!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Sadly I have no April Fools hilarity in me today because tired. Ran 42.2 training run in soldarity with Gary Robbins who is trying to bring Barkley home for Canada, haha I love the crazy of Barkley so much.

So on the positive side it was an easy-ish pace (save for a few steep hills and a 3km section of ice on trail), definitely wasn't racing it and clocked at 3:48:13. But here's the rub/what I could use input on- I feel like I could've actually made BQ pace today if I hadn't had to stop to use the bathroom EIGHT times! After 3 kids in 3 years my bladder is shot to hell but wtf do I do about that when it is obviously effecting my time? Depends time? ...Please don't say Depends time, I'm too young dammit :'(

April 1- 42.2km

42.2/300km

Dayyum! Awesome job! Starting April of with a BANG!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Sadly I have no April Fools hilarity in me today because tired. Ran 42.2 training run in soldarity with Gary Robbins who is trying to bring Barkley home for Canada, haha I love the crazy of Barkley so much.

So on the positive side it was an easy-ish pace (save for a few steep hills and a 3km section of ice on trail), definitely wasn't racing it and clocked at 3:48:13. But here's the rub/what I could use input on- I feel like I could've actually made BQ pace today if I hadn't had to stop to use the bathroom EIGHT times! After 3 kids in 3 years my bladder is shot to hell but wtf do I do about that when it is obviously effecting my time? Depends time? ...Please don't say Depends time, I'm too young dammit :'(

April 1- 42.2km

42.2/300km

Dayyum! Awesome job! Starting April of with a BANG!!

Ditto that! Starting the month running marathon distance is a heck of a way to start.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @JessicaMcB we are always out harshest critics. I'm pretty well in awe of your running, so keep that in mind if you don't meet your goal, though I'm certain you will.
  • tatianachesham
    tatianachesham Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    7km, April 1st
    143km remaining.