What fit people are really thinking in the gym

Options

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    Well I'm not fit, but the only time I judge people at the gym is when they sit on machines and talk on their phones or put their stuff down on a machine while using another. Oh, and tall guys who walk right into me like I'm not even there (yes, I'm a foot shorter than you, it doesn't mean you can run over me). Oh, and that one really smelly guy who is always getting onto machines right next to me and then I have to interupt my workout and go somewhere else to avoid suffocation.

Yeah- pretty much all this too. I workout after work when the gym is crowded.

Also- "where the *kitten* do the barbell collars / barbells / tricep rope extensions keep disappearing to?!!!"
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I love all of these! :smiley: Same here, I think about me and focusing on what I need to do.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    Well I'm not fit, but the only time I judge people at the gym is when they sit on machines and talk on their phones or put their stuff down on a machine while using another. Oh, and tall guys who walk right into me like I'm not even there (yes, I'm a foot shorter than you, it doesn't mean you can run over me). Oh, and that one really smelly guy who is always getting onto machines right next to me and then I have to interupt my workout and go somewhere else to avoid suffocation.

Also- "where the *kitten* do the barbell collars / barbells / tricep rope extensions keep disappearing to?!!!"

I spend a ridiculous amount of time in the gym wondering wtf people are doing with the collars. We seem to have like 5 total for the entire gym (not 5 pairs, 5 individuals).
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    Going into the locker room
    I hope there isn't going to be the usual naked old guys hanging around with their towels on their shoulders
    Yup, there they are, well that guy has his balls in the sink while he's shaving, that looks comfy
    Got to get out of here.

Going to lift

Ooh, what I want is empty! Wait somebody else is looking at it! Should I run? Never mind they were looking at the one behind it.
    Man this guy next me is doing the same thing...and he is lifting more, do you think he is making fun of me in his head? I hope he does something wrong so I at least have that over him. Nope perfect.

Between sets

Look at all these *kitten* people not putting their weights back where they are supposed to! I hate them so much! Why is it so hard to put the 45's back with the other ones, why did you put one on top of the 5's and one on top of the 25's! I hate you! I wonder if he will spot me.

Oh god, this is me on lifting days. The 10 lb plates are never on the rack, they're always spread out and I have to search for them. Two days ago the rack where they belong was filled with 25 lb plates and the rest of the plates were put in order from there so the only empty rack was the lowest one that is supposed to hold the biggest plates.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I won't put myself in this category yet, but I got a fun glimpse into one fit person's mind yesterday.

Last week, I was accosted at the gym last week for "hogging" a machine (which was invalid, and I stood up for myself). This is not the fun part.

Yesterday, one of the "fit" guys that I see there most days started up a conversation to ask about a change in my workout. He was paying enough attention to know that I'd changed what I normally do, and asked me respectful questions. I'm a middle-aged, overweight person, and he treated me like a fellow athlete.

Then it turns out he'd witnessed the conflict the previous week, that he was pleased that I'd stood up for myself, and that the same jerk is always mad at everyone. Then he said, "Welcome to the club!" And he fist-bumped me. How cool is that!?!

I love that! Just goes to show that there are a lot of good people out there :)

• 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I wear sweat pants and an old t shirt. I go to the gym first thing in the morning and am thinking to myself, "I'll be done with this in an hour, and have the whole day ahead of me with exercise out of the way for the day".
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I won't put myself in this category yet, but I got a fun glimpse into one fit person's mind yesterday.

Last week, I was accosted at the gym last week for "hogging" a machine (which was invalid, and I stood up for myself). This is not the fun part.

Yesterday, one of the "fit" guys that I see there most days started up a conversation to ask about a change in my workout. He was paying enough attention to know that I'd changed what I normally do, and asked me respectful questions. I'm a middle-aged, overweight person, and he treated me like a fellow athlete.

Then it turns out he'd witnessed the conflict the previous week, that he was pleased that I'd stood up for myself, and that the same jerk is always mad at everyone. Then he said, "Welcome to the club!" And he fist-bumped me. How cool is that!?!

He wants you. Just sayin'.

That would be shocking.