edited March 2017
    Options
    Thinking why am I starving!!! Literally thinking that rt now at gym
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    In the locker room:
    Why do I have so much stuff to put on?
    Why do I need to pee? I went before I left.
    Where is my other ankle wrap?
    Where is my other hand wrap?
    Water!

Warming up:
    Am I too close? Are we going to clash legs? We probably are, I'm going to move.
    7, 8, 9...oh, change leg.
    Ow.
    Cuss star jumps, I just went to the bathroom.
    I hate this.
    Why am I so long?

Pad holding rounds:
    Am I doing this right? I'm sure it was a liver shot right round house. Oh no it was a liver shot, body hook and then the roundhouse. Stop spacing out.
    Why am I so slow?
    What numbers do I even know?
    You can hit me, I won't be mad.

Boxing/kickboxing rounds:
    What are my legs even doing? Stop kicking the three other people who don't exist and kick the person.
    *kitten*, did I hit you too hard? I probably did.
    I'm so slow.
    I'm so fast, slow down.
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph, stop with the 50 punches.
    Oh god, please don't make me demonstrate this. No one should learn from me.

People think that because I've been training for almost two years that I have my poop together and I really don't. I'm like Bambi on ice 80% of the time and prefer to defer to people who are better than me. Honestly, if we're not doing something I'm generally not thinking and staring into space.
  • Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

In the locker room

Don't wanna do this
    Really don't wanna do this
    God I hope my iPod is charged
    Crap, it isn't
    I'm hungry
    Ooh, she's got those new Sauconys

On the treadmill

No music, OK I'll watch TV instead
    Oh god I've I've picked the treadmill which is stuck on the Kardashian channel

On the next treadmill

OK crank it up you got this
    Owwwwwwwww everything hurts
    Wait? I've only been going two minutes?
    I really should take up lifting
    OK, now go a little bit faster
    NOT THAT FAST!
    Oh look there's the guy who wears those weird Vibram things
    Oh god I've just wedgied myself. Can I adjust my knickers without anyone noticing?
    I'm hungry

This almost exactly describes me at the gym.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I wear sweat pants and an old t shirt. I go to the gym first thing in the morning and am thinking to myself, "I'll be done with this in an hour, and have the whole day ahead of me with exercise out of the way for the day".

This sounds like me this morning. Followed by "OMG it is so early. Why don't they serve coffee here? I totally need a second cup of coffee this morning...maybe a third. Do they have coffee in that mug? Where did they get it? I wonder if I burned enough calories with this workout to get the grande latte at Starbucks. OMG the earliness".
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    What usually happens when I walk through the entrance. So many look at me. In my mind I say, what you fools staring at me. A glance is fine buuuuut few mins.

Going to the machine I want to use, and I see someone hogging it. What comes to my mind. How long is this guy gonna waste my time.

During rest time. Im counting before my next set.

Once I completed, my body is racing towards the exit. :smile:

• StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lisseth03 wrote: »
    hahaha, I love this post. As someone who has had gym anxiety in the past, this post makes me smile.
    I don't really look fit, but I like to think I am somewhat fit.
    my thoughts are usually

arriving at gym
    I hope it's not not busy, please let it not be busy

during workouts
    i need a new workout playlist
    -let's see what i lifted last time i did this excercise (I take my notebook with me and log my reps)
    -oh god plie squats with kettlebells, i hate this but it's so good
    -that girl has a nice butt, I hope mine can look like that one day
    -DO MORE SQUATS TO GET THAT BOOTY
    -are those tiny muscles I see poppin there?
    -I need new workout clothes
    -I should probably wait to get more clothes as a reward for when I lose more weight
    -GAWD WILL I EVER LOOK FIT
    -WHY DO I LOVE FOOD SO MUCH
    -i'm hungry

Pretty much all of these plus:
    - WHY do people use dumbbells right in front of the rack??
    - Why don't people re-rack weights?
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I need these sports bras with zippers in the front
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    jayv85 wrote: »
    I need these sports bras with zippers in the front

Victoria's Secret Knockout bras. I will seriously never wear another kind. I have a really wide rib cage and shoulders so trying to struggle out of regular sports bras is murder even without being sweaty and having post-workout noodle arms.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    My gym has an inordinate amount of Justin Beibers.

quit now :tongue:
    But I saw an Ed Koch yesterday, which made me smile.

mine has a joel rifkin lookalike. it is so not the guy's fault and he's a perfectly ordinary, pleasant person afaik. some kind of super-abstruse composer or classical musician or something, unless involuntary eavesdropping lies.

but yeah. in his case i do have to keep reminding myself that it's not the guy's fault. and he's just as entitled to wear a long grey ponytail and little joel-rifkin glasses as anyone else.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    I've seen an awful lot of threads about gym anxiety, and whether or not Fit People are judging your every move when you work out. Being a Reasonably Fit Person, I thought I'd expand on exactly what I'm thinking in the gym, so when you see someone like me, you won't have to wonder if I'm secretly judging you. Other fit people may chime in as needed. Warning: content may be disturbing to sensitive individuals!

When I'm walking briskly or running on the treadmill, I'm usually so engrossed in the program on TV that a zebra could walk into the gym and I probably wouldn't notice.

And if I'm not watching TV, I'm usually thinking ...

OK, after this I need to:
    1. Get a load of wash in the laundry.
    2. Hang that basket of laundry I've had sitting in the dressing room for the last week.
    3. Do homework ... and that usually sends me off into all the details of what I need to do for homework ...

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I swim so my thoughts are a little different:

In the locker room:
    I hope I get a lane by myself
    Is my swim cap going to split when I put it on?
    Did I charge my waterproof IPod?
    Why did I forget to treat my goggles with baby shampoo before leaving the house? Now they will fog up and I am NOT going to spit in them.

In the pool:
    Cute suit, wonder what brand that is. Hope it is chlorine resistant
    Did I remember to press the button on my lap counter for that last lap?
    (Singing in my head to the songs)

In the locker room/shower:
    I worked out today so I can have WINE tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find singing to myself quietly while keeping a mean look on my face ensures me pleanty of space in the pool, no one wants to swim with the lady talking to herself lol

(The mean face is sadly just how my face looks at rest)
  • eggdev
    eggdev Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    In the locker room:
    "Why don't gay men have separate showers?" No, I'm not a homophobe - I'm just saying. That's like putting me in the women's locker room. I'm going to be attracted and I'm going to look, even if I'm pretending I'm not. And 9/10 the person is going to feel uncomfortable. Especially if I keep doing it like a weirdo!

In the gym:
    Totally focused on my training, except for the occasional "Damn she has a nice *kitten*!" mixed in with thoughts of what I'm going to eat.

* I swear I didn't put "kitten". MFP substituted my word for gluteus-maximus.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Thinking why am I starving!!! Literally thinking that rt now at gym

It was the Tacos wasn't it?
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My thoughts are mostly sexual in nature. The best motivation.

lol thought it was just me

I'll admit to looking at what other people do during my rests. Mostly though it's followed by "OMG will i ever get to push that weight?" or looking at my wife "God she looks hot when she lifts".

On occasion it does go this way "Holu *kitten* wtf is that guy doing? Should I go tell him he's doing it wrong and he's going to kill himself? Nope, stay out of it. OK weights, jump into my hands".