Awful dates?

Options
124»

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    My very first online dating date a couple years ago, I was a few minutes away from where I was supposed to meet the guy so I called him to get directions. He then tells me he's had some dental issues and most people are cool with it but just wanted to let me know.

He ended up looking about 15 years older than all his pics, and had no teeth. None. Like he probably wore dentures but decided not to bother with them for a first date. He took me to the Dairy Queen and chain smoked the entire time. I drove over an hour to meet him too.

I should have stopped the online dating right then and there. :grimace:

They say once you've had a toothless man, you'll never go back...
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bufnitzoiu wrote: »
    Went on a date once...she didn't show up :D:D:D

I wonder why she didn't show up? Cold feet you think? Or did something happen?

Never asked, never cared:)
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was on a date (quite a few years ago) and while we were eating, my ex-husband walked in with his wife and my oldest son. They sat at a table kitty corner to us. The restaurant wasn't very full and I later asked why he didn't ask to sit some place else (he lacks a lot of common sense and said he didn't think of it).

After we ate, we left. My date thought I planned it.

Why? It was horrible and very uncomfortable for my son (he was 12 at the time maybe).

I asked my date if he wanted to go someplace else and get a drink and he said he wanted to go home.

Looking back, I do think my date was an alcoholic because he was always drinking or napping (during the day) whenever we talked or I called. So it was a good thing.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    awful dates?

yeah.... April 15th sucks
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    awful dates?

2/19/64 is another really awful date. My ex-wife's birthday. Or, as I like to call her..."She Who Must Not Be Named".

• merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Way back when, I was on match.com. Anyway, i had a date with this guy. He seemed really nice and he was pretty good looking. ( as far as his pictures looked). We finally agree to a date. He INSISTS on picking me up,so I have him pick me up at a friends house. When he comes to the door, I realize two things. One, he's almost my height. ( I'm 5 feet tall and he SAID he was 5'10"). Two, he is clearly older than me, which isn't a deal breaker but he LIED about his age. Oh and the third, he's sweaty. Like really sweaty. So I had on heels
    And I was taller than this guy. He's older and sweaty. I decided to still continue the date. We go to some lame restaurant and he keeps trying to get me to drink. Meanwhile, he continues sweating. After dinner, he wants to go to a movie and I'm just like No. I called my friend to come get me while I was in the bathroom. Told him thanks but no thanks. And left it at that. Crazy thing is, he showed up at my friends house on Valentine's Day with flowers and claiming that we "had something special".
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I believe that many of these awful dates especially where which the date misrepresented their appearance, might've been prevented if the participants required; each other (as I, had done) to Skype 1st! This does, 1 of; 2 things: 1st it prevents wasting time upon, someone further if they don't match the; image they projected & 2nd it's imperative that if you were abducted, etc. that, the police've an accurate picture of; the suspect to identify/pursue! You don't want the police to search for a 25 year old via, their picture when; your abductor's actually 50 or worse the picture not even be, a younger version of; the perpetrator themselves but be, entirely someone else; instead!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I just remembered another one. Online dating is so UGH. I'd chatted to this guy for a while, seemed nice. I'd rather meet someone in person sooner rather than spend endless hours chatting *kitten* on the internet. People lie, and try and be something they're not on chat. So he drove to my town (about 20km) and said he'd meet me at this car park. He actually meant meet me at the carpark - that was the date. He showed up in filthy torn and paint covered clothes. He was much BIGGER than his pic (I don't mind cuddly, my fiancé is soft around the middle, but there are limits). He was also shorter (I'm 5'10"). He leant against his car and talked about his house that he's renovating, his two big dogs, how he doesn't have a back door and the dogs have run of the house and this "funny story" where they toilet everywhere. He made no effort whatsoever. I suggested we go have a coffee somewhere and he said he was busy and had to get back. Fine - ok - I was actually relieved. He tried to kiss my goodbye and stick his hand on my boob. Once he got home he was kinda pushy about seeing me again, asking me to come down and see him at his place, and when I told him I just didn't think there was anything between us (not to mention he was filthy and it sounded like his house was the same) he got hostile and abusive telling me I was a judgemental *kitten* etc. SMH.

So glad I finally found one I can tolerate and decided to marry him - who can be bothered with all the hassle :D
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Talking on the phone for a week or 2 leading up to our date, he kept telling me how he thought a girl should look like a girl. So, I had a cute skirt that I hadn't had an opportunity to wear yet. So, when we finally made plans to go out, I wore my skirt, a pink shirt with a bow, nylons, and boots. We went to dinner, and to have a couple cocktails. He brought me home, and I invited him in for a beer before he went home, which he accepted. Now that I was home, I changed into my jeans and tennis shoes, closed the bedroom door behind me and went pee. It doesn't take me long.....i came out, and he was sitting at my kitchen table in my skirt, shirt and nylons. He changed into my clothes faster than I did.....ewww!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    awful dates?

Bruh.
    That's my birthday.
  • 6102Beus
    6102Beus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LVNF04 wrote: »
    Years ago I was in this car kissing this woman, it was hot, we were trying to take our clothes off and she made me laugh, I farted. It stuck up the whole car. That was a deal breaker.
    Sorry but that was hysterica, reminds me of my 1st date with my husband. He kept going to the bathroom and he later told me he was darting alot
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I met a guy at a bar, I had been drinking. We decided to meet up and go out again. On this date he chain-smoked, whenever he could, to the point I felt sick. We had nothing to talk about, he just kept making fun of me calling me "skinny little ghost". We had nothing in common except we both liked Guinness.
    Lesson learned
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Anyone who says they like Guinness is weird or a liar!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Awful date to date: I was 19 (1st Semester 2L), he was 29. I was studying in London, he was working in Tokyo. We were engaged. He'd always fly up when he could, to see me every other weekend. Finally, we'd both had an opening to be in the islands ...To be in-country at the same time.

First date: Back in the islands.

Agreed planned venue(s): The Floating Restaurant in the Harbour for pre-drinks and dinner, before hitting the Night Spots - Club Crawling. It's almost a norm for us as a people, totally into the clubbing culture.

What actually happened: He picks me up and tells me he needs to get dressed (I should've known). I knew him long enough that something was afoot. We arrive at his place and his relatives are all there en masse! Strange. By nature or so I'd thought, he is a lone wolf; A very private man. We'd been dating for 4 years. Whilst he was dressing up , I was making nice with his relies. The dolt reappears in a tshirt with a sarong!!!!!! Please google kava grog sessions and click images. That was my Dinner and my Clubbing Night, seated amidst sarong wearers who binge-drink that root concoction every night! Meaning in translation, a wash-down is necessary; A chaser. Liquor. By the bottles load.

Conclusion: Worst date ever. My impression of him after 4 years - Change of personality. He was not the man I'd hoped he was. In the islands, casual grog drinkers are dangerous, in the sense that it takes over and gets worse over the years. That scene would morph into a common scenario night after night.