Weight gain and loss is SIMPLE

Options
For those of you new to how gaining and losing weight works.

This video explains it in three minutes. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDyY8mfrjP0

Replies

• BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    omg i love this video. literally had me lmao. "Get your f***ing fiber!" Thanks!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Haha great video.
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    Thanks for feedback, was a blast to make
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Not bad, a few things bugged me about it.

3500 calories is only equal to a pound in terms of fat, not just in general.

It's better to have people work deficits and surpluses in percentages rather than just saying 500 calories

A 20% fat macro definitely seems low, dietary fat is very important, in fact breaking down macros by percentages at all is flawed

Good video though, it was entertaining.
  • Lemetriab
    Lemetriab Posts: 14 Member
    Options

It's better to have people work deficits and surpluses in percentages rather than just saying 500 calories

A 20% fat macro definitely seems low, dietary fat is very important, in fact breaking down macros by percentages at all is flawed

I think that I understood more of what the video said than what you just said. I liked the video. For us that do not understand the "macro" terminology and what that means, I do understand "lift weights and eat enough fiber".
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed this. Good job and thanks!:bigsmile:
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I liked this video - specifically the exhortation to 'eat your f*@%ing fibre' - hehe!
  • LillyWillow
    Options
    That was great! I think I won't forget about eating enough fiber for a while :laugh:
  • mud7urtle
    Options

3500 calories is not a measurement of fat or muscle. It's a measurement of excess or deficit of calories. The lb gained or loss means the COMBINATION of fat and muscle. Not quite sure where you are basing your info.

In terms of fat, 20% is a guideline, 25% is usually considered a max. Not to mention that it is a percentage. 20% is still a solid amount that will keep you healthy, and allow room for carbs - which give energy and fuel workouts, and protein which are for repairing and maintaining muslce mass.

20/40/40 has always been the basic guideline. As I say in the video, it's for beginners and if they can stick to it, they can start learning more in depth concepts.

As miss Lemetriab said - It is a lot easier for beginners to understand to "eat an excess or deficit of 500, and lift weights".

Thanks for your input though.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

3500 calories is not a measurement of fat or muscle. It's a measurement of excess or deficit of calories. The lb gained or loss means the COMBINATION of fat and muscle. Not quite sure where you are basing your info.

The 3500 number is actually intended as an estimation for the caloric value of fat only.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-energy-balance-equation.html
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    I understand muscle weighs more than fat.

This is basic information.

However, the 3500 cals is still a solid starting point to prevent muscle loss during weight loss and fat gain during weight gain.

Genetics/training/diet are going to determine how the weight is put on or takin off.
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    ^^ edit
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

This is basic information.

However, the 3500 cals is still a solid starting point to prevent muscle loss during weight loss and fat gain during weight gain.

Genetics/training/diet are going to determine how the weight is put on or takin off.

1LB of muscle weighs the same as 1LB of fat bro
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    In terms of physical size, SirBonerFart.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

264_incoming-baby.gif
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    In
    terms
    of
    physical
    size
    skullskank
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    In other good news .. Butter and Lettuce have the same amount of calories ...
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Anyway...

I loved the video. Great job!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I like the video.