Weight gain and loss is SIMPLE

Options

Replies

• mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    In other good news .. Butter and Lettuce have the same amount of calories ...

Want to elaborate on this sarcasm please?
  • timesinfinityplus2
    timesinfinityplus2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    muscle-vs-fat.jpg
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with you ...

Just pointing out the absurdity of the debate.

A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat ... 100 calories of butter has the same calories as 100 calories of lettuce.

But nobody says butter and lettuce have the same amount of calories ...
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    ^ Thank you.. but its become that because I made that dumb comment without specifying what I meant.. and choosing the wrong words. So now I gave people an opportunity to be smartie pants.

muscle-vs-fat.jpg

Ok I get it. Obviously what I said came out wrong.

If this discredits everything I say from here on out, then so be it.

I've done my research - this video is for beginners. Of course it doesn ALWAYS = 1lb, that would saying you know your exact maintenance, and then some. But it is a great guideline.. and with consistency you can make adjustments as see fit.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    34 tons of ants weighs the same as 34 tons of Sherman tank. Therefore, ants weigh the same as a Sherman tank. Seems like a rational and effective approach.
  • mollyW2012
    mollyW2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with you ...

Just pointing out the absurdity of the debate.

A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat ... 100 calories of butter has the same calories as 100 calories of lettuce.

But nobody says butter and lettuce have the same amount of calories ...

Good point. ;)
  • sullus
    Options
    muscle-vs-fat.jpg

Ok I get it. Obviously what I said came out wrong.

If this discredits everything I say from here on out, then so be it.

I've done my research - this video is for beginners. Of course it doesn ALWAYS = 1lb, that would saying you know your exact maintenance, and then some. But it is a great guideline.. and with consistency you can make adjustments as see fit.

The shot was at BonerFart .. not you ...
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    34 tons of ants weighs the same as 34 tons of Sherman tank. Therefore, ants weigh the same as a Sherman tank. Seems like a rational and effective approach.

"yay I get to feel smart today :)"
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    In
    terms
    of
    physical
    size
    skullskank

oh i hear ya dude.

it just happens to be one of those hot-button topics.
    much like cows milk, or starvation mode, or sugar being bad, or clean vs dirty eating, or 1200 calories, or water fasting, or the cayenne diet, or the lemon cleanse, or cauliflower cupcakes, or cauliflower pizza crust, or cauliflower root beer floats...

the list. goes. on.
  • mud7urtle
    Options

Hard to tell at this point. I shouldn't have made that statement.. should have know the ruckus it would cause. It was vague..

But I still believe strongly in what my video suggests.

It is simply a guideline to get you started. Didn't say it was perfect science but arguing the point that you will not lose weight if you don't eat as many calories as you expend (even if we dont know for sure what your "maintenance" is) is absurd.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I would not be shooting at SirBonerFart. smh
  • mud7urtle
    Options

oh i hear ya dude.

it just happens to be one of those hot-button topics.
    much like cows milk, or starvation mode, or sugar being bad, or clean vs dirty eating, or 1200 calories, or water fasting, or the cayenne diet, or the lemon cleanse, or cauliflower cupcakes, or cauliflower pizza crust, or cauliflower root beer floats...

the list. goes. on.

Mmmhmm.. and the point of the video is to teach people to stop thinking too much into all that crap.

I'm living proof. Now I understand some foods may cause more potency for disease, etc - but like anything, genetics are a way bigger factor in that aspect.

I'll continue looking good and getting lean all while having poptarts in my diet.. because I have a proper macro breakdown, and I get my micros as well.

Simple stuff
  • sullus
    Options

Hard to tell at this point. I shouldn't have made that statement.. should have know the ruckus it would cause. It was vague..

But I still believe strongly in what my video suggests.

It is simply a guideline to get you started. Didn't say it was perfect science but arguing the point that you will not lose weight if you don't eat as many calories as you expend (even if we dont know for sure what your "maintenance" is) is absurd.

So I watched the video. And yep, you're substantially correct. I just love a nice semantic debate.
  • timesinfinityplus2
    timesinfinityplus2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    And the image I posted was for those saying "1 pound of fat is the same as 1 pound of muscle" as well, not a shot at you. I apologize.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Genius. Love it. Thank you!
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    So.... TEF is not different for each macronutrient ? Just curious. :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    I'm sorry, you said beginners in your original post. Please forgive. :smile:
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Hilarious....and very simple to understand! :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I liked it. People will always nitpick.
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    I'm sorry, you said beginners in your original post. Please forgive. :smile:

Thank you.. TEF is not something to go into for a 3 minute video.

To be honest, I still don't think learning that is necessary unless its your career path. For body composition, starting with a guideline and zoning in on YOUR calorie maintenance and macro breakdown with persistence, weight tracking and trial and error is way more important than understanding TEF.

Unless you mean in the sense of 9 cals per fat gram, 4 per protein and carb. Thats pretty simple stuff that people should understand for the purposes of macro counting. But with the applications today, you almost dont need to do any math anyway.