Weight gain and loss is SIMPLE

Options

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Not bad, a few things bugged me about it.

3500 calories is only equal to a pound in terms of fat, not just in general.

It's better to have people work deficits and surpluses in percentages rather than just saying 500 calories

A 20% fat macro definitely seems low, dietary fat is very important, in fact breaking down macros by percentages at all is flawed

Good video though, it was entertaining.

I think that I understood more of what the video said than what you just said. I liked the video. For us that do not understand the "macro" terminology and what that means, I do understand "lift weights and eat enough fiber".

What she said ^^^^ And dude has eyes like Adrian Paul, he had me at hello! lol I shall eat my fiber!!! :bigsmile:
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    What she said ^^^^ And dude has eyes like Adrian Paul, he had me at hello! lol I shall eat my fiber!!! :bigsmile:

Well thank you very much mam, I happen to take pride in these peepers.
  • BigBo63
    BigBo63 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    "get your ****ing fiber!" LOL
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can eat anything and gain or lose weight based on these principles, HOWEVER, the number of calories listed for different foods is an estimate and is not very scientifically based on how the body approaches the food. Some foods are more thoroughly digested than others. In fact, most calorie estimates are based on figures from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference (http://www.ars.usda.gov/nutrientdata).

The USDA analyzes samples of products and determines their amount of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates (minus insoluble fiber). It determines calories by using the Atwater ratio of 4-9-4. In other words, 4 kilocalories for each gram of protein, 9 kilocalories for each gram of fat, and 4 kilocalories for each gram of carbohydrates (minus insoluble fiber). Manufacturers generally use the information from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference (http://www.ars.usda.gov/nutrientdata) to determine the calories in their foods. For more info see http://www.ars.usda.gov/Main/docs.htm?docid=6233#4-9-4

I worry about the people who think, indeed, it is wise to eat anything they want because if they restrict calories they will loose weight. What you eat affects your health and your health affects your ability to process food and nutrients. So, yes, indeed, you can totally avoid all vegetables except french fries and lose weight but you will not be a healthy puppy long term. You could also consume most of your calories as beer and lose weight but end up in real physical trouble.

So, I would still add the healthy plate to this from http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/
    fd1ee42a-3df6-4810-b949-13569e888a5b_zps9df3e9de.jpg
  • birdybirds
    birdybirds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You made that so simple, and entertaining! Great job and thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    You made that so simple, and entertaining! Great job and thanks! :flowerforyou:

No problem.. and thank you

didn't even know how fun making vids was.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    love this - both educational and entertaining!!! :)
    and yes I will eat my effing fiber... :)
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    love this - both educational and entertaining!!! :)
    and yes I will eat my effing fiber... :)

Much appreciated
  • swolf19
    swolf19 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    great video! thanks!
  • Dawns2early
    Options
    Highly entertaining AND informative! I will be eating more effing fiber too :flowerforyou:
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    great video! thanks!

no prob
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great video! I'm going to share it on my fb page but I doubt my mom will learn anything. She's still on a low carb diet consisting of fried chicken and onion rings because she thinks bread, fruits, and certain vegetables are the devil -_-
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lol you're a bronie bro?
    Anyways good video
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    Great video! I'm going to share it on my fb page but I doubt my mom will learn anything. She's still on a low carb diet consisting of fried chicken and onion rings because she thinks bread, fruits, and certain vegetables are the devil -_-

Yikes.. don't worry, she'll learn. But remember, if she is under maintenance with fried chicken and onion rings she will still lose weight. Doubtful though, very high calorie foods right there.
    Lol you're a bronie bro?
    Anyways good video

LOL I remember seeing that fetish or whatever. To each their own.

and thanks
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Yikes.. don't worry, she'll learn. But remember, if she is under maintenance with fried chicken and onion rings she will still lose weight. Doubtful though, very high calorie foods right there.
    Lol you're a bronie bro?
    Anyways good video

LOL I remember seeing that fetish or whatever. To each their own.

and thanks
    i jutst heard about it on Howard stern, pretty creepy lol
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'll continue looking good and getting lean all while having poptarts in my diet..

You eat poptarts? You are going to die one day.
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    I'll continue looking good and getting lean all while having poptarts in my diet..

Indeed I will, good sir.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Indeed I will, good sir.

As long as you're getting your fiber its all good
  • mud7urtle
    Options

Indeed I will, good sir.

As long as you're getting your fiber its all good

Still going to die

however, my digestive will be on par on my way.
  • backtp
    backtp Posts: 23
    Options
    haha

i need to get my fiber