Hard boiled eggs

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    praykathy wrote: »
    Cholesterol & eggs? When they discovered that cholesterol in the blood stream was connected to heart disease, they immediately told everyone to stop eating anything with cholesterol. I think they assumed that cholesterol in the diet had a direct connection to cholesterol in the blood. That assumption was considered fact for a few decades. Research has proven that dietary cholesterol & blood cholesterol are not connected. Just google "dietary cholesterol" and you'll see medical article after medical article stating this.

Apparently there's good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. My test results recently showed my bad cholesterol had gone down, but my good cholesterol hadn't gone up enough.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Going to swap my smoked salmon and English muffin for a couple of devilled eggs now; thanks for reminding me of this awesome snack!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    You eat 2 or 3 HB eggs a day? Does that impact your cholesterol?

Dietary cholesterol only impacts people who have genetic issues with hypercholesterolemia.

If you're not one of them, don't worry about it.

I'm one of those people, but I still sneak in a couple of eggs each week... >:)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are awesome. Personally, I like to pickle them.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 16 eggs a week and my cholesterol was normal.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You could also just eat hard boiled egg white
  • ckf76
    ckf76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 hard boiled egg whites, every day either for breakfast or my afternoon snack. It is a GREAT source of protein and as someone already say they really fill you up. I also have 3 dogs; who the minute I crack the egg, show up for the yolks. (I skip them just from a calorie standpoint more than anything else!)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's good or bad but hard boiled is how I usually eat eggs most of the time now because it's the most convenient way to prepared them.

I just boil a pack of 18 at one time and put them in a bowl of water in the frig abd pull out and peel as many as I want to eat at a time.

A boel will last me a week or two. Eat them plain or added to ramen or salads.

Why do you keep them in water in the fridge? I've never heard of this and wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    Going to swap my smoked salmon and English muffin for a couple of devilled eggs now; thanks for reminding me of this awesome snack!

I LOVE deviled eggs!! I can't wait until Easter, so that I can eat them ALL. Bwahahahahaha!!!
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah pretty much the only time I eat them is for a filler...does the job.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    ckf76 wrote: »
    I eat 3 hard boiled egg whites, every day either for breakfast or my afternoon snack. It is a GREAT source of protein and as someone already say they really fill you up. I also have 3 dogs; who the minute I crack the egg, show up for the yolks. (I skip them just from a calorie standpoint more than anything else!)

LOL! My dogs do the same! (I only skip the yolk so I can save my calories for more CHEESE!)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 to 6 per day. My favorite way to eat them doused in Sriracha sauce!
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat one every day (since I started losing weight) at about 10, right between breakfast and lunch. Keeps me from being hungry. Keeps my morning and lunch calories pretty low because I would rather eat more at dinner time than the first half of the day.
  • steved1661
    steved1661 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One program I used (and still use daily) suggested 2 hard boiled eggs, slice in half, with a small spread of real butter (totaling 1 tsp) on each yoke, and a small fruit (apple, half banana, etc)... is good balanced meal of protein, fat, and carbs to start a day... and for about 3 months now, it's worked for me, and I don't get any cravings until my next (small) meal about 3 hours later.

Much Success!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love hard boiled eggs. I am a quasi veggie - don't eat pork or beef and not much fish either (until my daughter leaves home, that is!!) and so I keep an eye on protein intake. I have been eating 2 hard boiled eggs every week day for about 20 years. My fav, fast, go to food at work.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    steved1661 wrote: »
    One program I used (and still use daily) suggested 2 hard boiled eggs, slice in half, with a small spread of real butter (totaling 1 tsp) on each yoke, and a small fruit (apple, half banana, etc)... is good balanced meal of protein, fat, and carbs to start a day... and for about 3 months now, it's worked for me, and I don't get any cravings until my next (small) meal about 3 hours later.

Much Success!

We grew up on "egg in a cup" for breakfast. My mom would mash a hard boiled egg in a coffee mug, add a pat of butter and some salt and pepper. Her mom made it for her, and I made it for my kids. Easy, nutritious, cheap and always a kid favorite.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Its good to see so much support for the egg. It a whole food, provides so much nutrition. The egg in a cup idea, I like it. thanks
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    You eat 2 or 3 HB eggs a day? Does that impact your cholesterol?

Dietary cholesterol only impacts people who have genetic issues with hypercholesterolemia.

If you're not one of them, don't worry about it.

I'm one of those people, but I still sneak in a couple of eggs each week... >:)

I am too, and still eat eggs. I usually eat one whole egg and mix it with egg whites. I don't have them every day, though