• croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs every morning with bacon - keeps me happy and full all morning
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    You eat 2 or 3 HB eggs a day? Does that impact your cholesterol?

I eat two eggs in an omelet (or over easy) most days for breakfast. I hate peeling HB eggs, that's my only objection to them. My cholesterol is and has always been excellent.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Eggs are delicious had two Hard Boiled for my snack today!! I love eggs hard boiled, over easy, scrambled, omelette, poached, soft boiled!! I typically eat eggs 3 to 4 times a week and my cholesterol is normal!!

@TonyB0588 totally agree an egg is not the same without the yolk!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I eat at least one boiled egg every morning, for breakfast. Sometimes 2 eggs.
    My cholesterol is just fine.
    I cooked the egg for 3 minutes, after water starts boiling. It is almost like as " over easy". whites are solid and the yolk edges but not 100%.

Too soft for me!!

Start the eggs in cold water and bring to a full boil. Remove from heat. Lid, wait 10 minutes, and then dunk in an ice bath. Perfect every time, no grey/green ring around yolks!
  • AndyCool22
    AndyCool22 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    aldi may still have an egg cooker for $13.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    Going to swap my smoked salmon and English muffin for a couple of devilled eggs now; thanks for reminding me of this awesome snack!

You could always add scrambled or poached eggs ?

Eggs and smoked salmon is lush - poached eggs, potato darks or slimbos with either salmon or ham and spinach/salad/mushrooms is my 'go to' at night when I get home from the gym.

• hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr I tried making an "egg salad" once using cottage cheese and chopped up hard boiled eggs. It got a weird, slimy consistency. Bad memories.. But yours sounds delicious!
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I bake my eggs to "hard boil". I put them in a muffin tin, and cook for 30 minutes at 335. Very easy and they come out great!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's good or bad but hard boiled is how I usually eat eggs most of the time now because it's the most convenient way to prepare them.

I just boil a pack of 18 at one time and put them in a bowl of water in the frig and pull out and peel as many as I want to eat at a time.

A bowl will last me a week or two. Eat them plain or added to ramen or salads.

Why do you keep them in water in the fridge? I've never heard of this and wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Keeps them "fresh" and prevents them from drying out. I don't peel them because the whites will disintegrate over time.

However, I do "pre-crack" them to make peeling easier and to also allow the release of gases -- that sulfur smell from the yolk -- which can also discolor the water, which is why I usually need to change the water every couple of days or so.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    fascha wrote: »
    Going to swap my smoked salmon and English muffin for a couple of devilled eggs now; thanks for reminding me of this awesome snack!

I LOVE deviled eggs!! I can't wait until Easter, so that I can eat them ALL. Bwahahahahaha!!!

Try making the deviled eggs with a bit of Greek yogurt instead of mayo: Fewer calories, all the deviled egg goodness.
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs have a certain smell to them....so unpleasant! :wink:

That usually means you over cooked them.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I eat a hard boiled egg after my oatmeal at breakfast.
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love me some hard boiled eggs! And since I live in Amish/Mennonite country it isn't lunch if there aren't pickled eggs involved lol.
  • JudyHopps2
    JudyHopps2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs the night before and make egg salad in the morning - cold hard-boiled egg, pickle relish, chopped onion, mayo and salt/pepper. Then I spread it on a piece of whole wheat toast.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 boiled eggs for breakfast with a hunk of 1-2 oz of cheese, and coffee with half and half. It keeps me full till lunch time 4 hours later. If i want a change of pace, i make deviled eggs (add mayo and mustard and paprika) and that adds no carbs for my diet.. so that what i enjoy! i make about 8 eggs at one time, peel them and put them in a plastic baggie for easy grab and go breakfast every day! Better than fast food!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I eat at least one boiled egg every morning, for breakfast. Sometimes 2 eggs.
    My cholesterol is just fine.
    I cooked the egg for 3 minutes, after water starts boiling. It is almost like as " over easy". whites are solid and the yolk edges but not 100%.

Too soft for me!!

Start the eggs in cold water and bring to a full boil. Remove from heat. Lid, wait 10 minutes, and then dunk in an ice bath. Perfect every time, no grey/green ring around yolks!

10 minutes? Blurgh.... I do 5 minutes for jumbo sized eggs and the yolks are just set. After 10 minutes they'd be well and truly dead!
  • lolos_257
    lolos_257 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs are awesome. Personally, I like to pickle them.

How do pickle eggs? Sounds interesting
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I eat a hard boiled egg after my oatmeal at breakfast.

Me too. Or after what ever other cereal I had for breakfast.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 - 3 every day. It's my quick go to source for protein
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    kavahni wrote: »
    Boiled eggs: yes! BTW if you fish them out of the hot water and drop them in icewater for a minute and then dunk them back in the hot water before you really cool them, they peel perfectly. It took me 57 years to find this out!

@kavahni
    Thank you! My deviled eggs always look terrible! Trying this next time.