Isagenix - will it work?

1235»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    All the people I personally know that sell MLM nutritional products have a considerable amount of weight to lose. Personally not a good recommendation.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    vismal wrote: »
    Unless the laws of physics doesn't apply to you, or you lost only water weight, you absolutely did not lose weight eating in a calorie surplus. It's simply not possible.

This. No one can lose weight in a caloric surplus.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Maybe he's slipping his client's dnp.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    muxacb wrote: »
    Ketosis still requires a calorie deficit to burn fat..... THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. Please do some Research on this.

Lol. Wrong.

I've done keto/low carb. I was recommended by my Dietitian to experiment with it. If I ate over my maintenance, guess what?

I. Gained. Weight.

I'm sorry, but unless you're an alien, you are not exempt from the laws of physics. This quote here is often spouted on LC blogs by those who do not understand how science and the human body work.

Go tell Lyle McDonald what you posted. I'm sure he'll set you straight.
  • inertiastrength
    edited April 2017
    How is anyone arguing that you can eat over maintenance and lose fat? These are the people that will be making posts like "Starting over, 100lbs to lose" in 6 months no doubt. My mind is legitimately blown at the willful ignorance.
  • inertiastrength
    You may be able to INITIALLY offset any scale measured weight gain as you put on .5lb of fat at the same time you deplete 2lbs of water and glycogen stores but that's about it. Eating in a surplus = fat gain whether or not the scale deceived you for a week or two. Sorry m8
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    If you will lose weight eating over maintenance if you're low carb/keto, how do low carb/keto people ever maintain? Or will they just waste away to nothing unless they start eating carbs? Would a person who had no access to carbs starve, despite eating all they want of protein and fat?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    muxacb wrote: »
    Ketosis still requires a calorie deficit to burn fat..... THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. Please do some Research on this.

Lol. Wrong.

I've done keto/low carb. I was recommended by my Dietitian to experiment with it. If I ate over my maintenance, guess what?

I. Gained. Weight.

I'm sorry, but unless you're an alien, you are not exempt from the laws of physics. This quote here is often spouted on LC blogs by those who do not understand how science and the human body work.

Go tell Lyle McDonald what you posted. I'm sure he'll set you straight.

If only. Oh, if only. :D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    OP, i'd recommend you take a look at some of Kevin Hall's work. He has already done isocaloric comparison where protein has been held constant comparing high sugar/high carb vs ketogenic diets.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10436946/are-all-calories-equal-part-2-kevins-halls-new-study#latest

The problem is, too many new people to keto diets hear fat burning and assume it's body fat. But what you have to realize, is you are taking in more fat, so you increase storage of that fat. And if you aren't an endurance athlete, the substrate you utilize is not going to matter.

And as already stated, your body can convert all nutrients into glucose through glucenogenesis.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I gained weight on a low-carb diet back in the day before MFP.... ate coconut oil off a spoon (you know, to go with the ACV LOL and together they would turn me into a fat burning machine *eyeroll*). Wondered why I didn't lose weight. I was eating under 30g carbs per day, still gained weight. It all boils down to CICO.

Here is the nutritional value for Isalean, nothing in here that would make you magically lose weight?
    https://www.isagenix.com/~/media/3ebe371d5b0f4e589370538df1cf5069
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    karahm78 wrote: »
    I gained weight on a low-carb diet back in the day before MFP.... ate coconut oil off a spoon (you know, to go with the ACV LOL and together they would turn me into a fat burning machine *eyeroll*). Wondered why I didn't lose weight. I was eating under 30g carbs per day, still gained weight. It all boils down to CICO.

Here is the nutritional value for Isalean, nothing in here that would make you magically lose weight?
    https://www.isagenix.com/~/media/3ebe371d5b0f4e589370538df1cf5069

I will at least give them credit for using whey and casein. A lot better than half these companies that use soy or other inferior proteins like crapology shakeology.. :p
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I seriously doubt he is MASSIVE from Isogenix. Save your money.