Look 15 pounds lighter, in 2 easy steps: Eat and Lift

Options

Replies

• lforsyth95
    Options
    you look awesome thanks for the inspiration. your story sounds a lot like mine. If cardio doesn't do it, weight lifting does. Of course I try to balance the two. GREAT JOB!
  • kerend123
    kerend123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look lovely--- strong, fit and healthy - well done!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You are just endless awesome. SO proud of you Chell! Oh and btw, hotnessssssss!:love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    very very awesome!!!!!!!! Been trying to get to lifting but I'm afraid of looking too bulky but I think I have seen enough stories where people have lifted and it helped them lose weight and inches. Big difference in front and back!! Keep up the good work=)

I'm glad you're able to see that bulking isn't something to be scared of. Eat at a moderate deficit and life heavy, for you, and there is no logical reason to get bigger. I've lost inches all over and dropped most of my back fat. I'm also much smoother and tighter overall than I was when I was 15 pounds lighter.
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I've been contemplating starting some lifting, but to be honest, I'm pretty intimidated. I currently do a combination of Zumba, C25K, 30DS and some kettlebell workouts, and I'm not seeing the results that I thought I would by doing a lot of cardio. (And as I read more threads on MFP, I'm seeing that that's pretty normal, and the best results have been through lifting and eating more.)

If you have a moment, would you mind sharing what your workout routines look like for lifting? And how did you start?

Congratulations again! You look great!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Woot.... This is why we are friends. :flowerforyou:
    You are just endless awesome. SO proud of you Chell! Oh and btw, hotnessssssss!love
    :heart:

Thank you ladies, I couldn't have done it without you!

Which reminds me, it's actually 3 steps.

Step 3: Find amazing friends and learn from them, let them encourage you, let them push you, and let them occasionally tell you to take a damn rest day. There is something really amazing about this website and the fact I can get up on days when I just wanna sit in my pajamas and watch TV all day while eating pizza, and seeing that someone else has gotten their 1/2/5/11 kids up, dressed, and out the door then went and busted their *kitten*. It makes you want to be half as strong and together as those people. I really and truly believe that without my wide array of friends I couldn't have stuck with it.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Wow, you look great! There is a board on Pinterest called "Strong is the New Skinny" and you have shown us exactly what that is. Congratulations on your effort.

Thank you! :happy:

I've never really been skinny (Even at my low weight I'm technically 'heavy') but I've always wanted to be, but not I'm realizing that I want more than thin, I want amazing. I want...strong, I want impressive. I want people to say "Damn, did you see that girl's powerclean/deadlift/bench" and also "Damn, did you see her butt?"
  • Achrya
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I've been contemplating starting some lifting, but to be honest, I'm pretty intimidated. I currently do a combination of Zumba, C25K, 30DS and some kettlebell workouts, and I'm not seeing the results that I thought I would by doing a lot of cardio. (And as I read more threads on MFP, I'm seeing that that's pretty normal, and the best results have been through lifting and eating more.)

If you have a moment, would you mind sharing what your workout routines look like for lifting? And how did you start?

Congratulations again! You look great!

I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women, which is a great book for beginners and was rec'd to by someone here on MFP. I've also heard Starting Strength is a good book to check out. I did the first stage of NR and it went well, but the next stages were kinda overly complex for me so now I'm doing Strong Lifts 5x5 3 days a week.

Workout A
    Barbell Squat 5x5
    Bench press 5x5
    Barbell Row 5x5

Workout B:
    Barbell Squat 5x5 (5 sets with 5 reps)
    Overhead press 5x5
    Deadlift 1x5 (1 set with 5 reps)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women Stronglifts group here.

And then I do body weight work outs 2-3 days a week, with 1 or 2 rest days depending on if I feel like doing stuff. It comes to maybe 3-4 hours of exercise a week, so nothing excessive. Besides that I'm kind of sedentary, but still eat a far amount. I've averaged 1700+ calories since June (I use a spreadsheet to track my average, I find it insightful)
  • Achrya
    Options
    you look awesome thanks for the inspiration. your story sounds a lot like mine. If cardio doesn't do it, weight lifting does. Of course I try to balance the two. GREAT JOB!

Imma stop posting all in a row after this, I swear.

I do not mind cardio but I have to be honest and admit that I don't do a lot of it. I sometimes bust out a Jillian video if I'm feeling it and I walk to the store once or twice a week, but most of my work is spent lifting heavy and doing body weight stuff to improve my flexibility and balance, which I do to help me with my lifting.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Look at that awesome progress!! You look gorgeous, Chelle!!:love::love: :love:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Look at that awesome progress!! You look gorgeous, Chelle!!:love::love: :love:

Thank you very much, that means a lot since I'm over here coveting your arms and back.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsBooker
    MrsBooker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great. Thanks for the motivation. Food is not my problem, it's getting my butt to the gym on a consistent basis! Kudos to you
  • Achrya
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great. Thanks for the motivation. Food is not my problem, it's getting my butt to the gym on a consistent basis! Kudos to you

I'm actually inclined to agree with you. Eating has never been an issue but activity can be. My solution was figuring out how much I had to workout to eat X amount of food and then making that happen. If 3 hours a week is what it takes to eat 1800-1900 calories that that is what I'll do, and do in fact do.

Also I realized I didn't mentioned this in my first post: I'm 5'3 (give or take) and 150 pounds. My GW is 135, and then all of my focus will be on body recomp.
  • Achrya
    Options
    People think that to lose weight you need to stop eating and to exercise a lot. However, I’d like to recommend to you an innovative and effective system. This is the website: www.nopenopenope.com

Hey. Hey. None of that. No one said anything about not eating or working out a lot here (I do the exact opposite) so peddle your nonsense elsewhere. Shoo.
  • MrsBooker
    MrsBooker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have almost the exact same numbers as you! My goal weight is 125, but I would GLADLY take 135 as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!