Replies

• msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This makes me hopeful! I started lifting about 2 1/2 weeks ago and eating 1550 cals per day as opposed to eating 1300 and doing cardio cardio cardio. I want to trim those inches and lose about 30-40 more lbs, I'm hoping I have the right combo and this post gives me proof that it may work for me too! Congrats, you look amazing!!

I honestly believe this will work for anyone with the patience and desire to follow through. It's not the quickest method (I personally am around a 16% cut) and it can get scary (i gain every time i up my calories, usually for a week or two) but I believe it's the one with the most bang for its buck. If you can stick with it the changes speak for themselves.
  • Achrya
    Options
    You have the most amazing figure! wow!!!

You look fantastic!

It's crazy hearing this kind of thing from women I look up to and am inspired by.

And of course thanks to everyone else for their compliments.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    very very awesome!!!!!!!! Been trying to get to lifting but I'm afraid of looking too bulky but I think I have seen enough stories where people have lifted and it helped them lose weight and inches. Big difference in front and back!! Keep up the good work=)

Unless your body produces testosterone or you take a "supplement" to do so, you should not get bulky. I'd recommend New Rules for Lifting for Women.
  • Achrya
    Options
    very very awesome!!!!!!!! Been trying to get to lifting but I'm afraid of looking too bulky but I think I have seen enough stories where people have lifted and it helped them lose weight and inches. Big difference in front and back!! Keep up the good work=)

Unless your body produces testosterone or you take a "supplement" to do so, you should not get bulky. I'd recommend New Rules for Lifting for Women.

There's no bulking in lifting (if you're a female eating a deficit). I, for example, was far larger pre-lifting. Getting smaller seems like the opposite of bulking.

So never fear, lift your weights heavy!
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look great and your progress is amazing! How many lbs do you lift, if you don't mind me asking? I've been interested in this for awhile, but I don't have access to bigger weights :(
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I won't bore you with a long set up. Got fat, tried eating way less (1300) and running til my legs fell off. Awful. Ate more (all of my weight has been lost at 1650+, eating at 1825 right now) and lifted heavy weights. Not awful, but rather awesome. I am able to fit into pants I haven't fit into since I was at my goal weight (And I'm not at my goal weight now, obviously) and I'm happier than I've ever been, thanks to eating all the food and lifting all the weights. Also added benefit of feeling like a bad *kitten* while squatting over 2/3 my body weight.

I have a big butt and big thighs. They haven't gotten bulky yet (I hear a lot about big thighs getting bigger around these parts) but I remain hopeful. Cause big butts and big thighs are awesome.

Early May
    mfnAdco.jpg
    1lvLFMU.jpg

Now

3u285Gb.jpg?1
    6FqncN0.jpg?1
    a8UJy8O.jpg?1

Bonus pictures: Shorts I haven't worn since I was at my goal weight. They could be a little looser in the front but they gap in the back cause *kitten*. You gotta make due.

W8oPJV0.jpg?1
    RfnTVy1.jpg?1
    vWctnfb.jpg?1

And that, my friends, is how you look lighter than you actually are in two easy to follow steps.
    Fantastic!! And so true :) WTG
  • Achrya
    Options
    You look great and your progress is amazing! How many lbs do you lift, if you don't mind me asking? I've been interested in this for awhile, but I don't have access to bigger weights :(

I lift heavy, for me. I do 5 sets of 5 reps for everything, except deadlifts.

Squats: 110lbs
    Deads: 135
    Barbell row: 75
    Bench: 55 (it needs a lot of work.)
    Overhead press: 75

You can start lighter (I did) but without a barbell my routine would be hard to follow. There are body weight and dumbbell workouts out there though, if you feel that'd be more up your alley right now.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look great ! Awesome job!
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump for after work where I can see the pics!
  • mcrumpsf
    mcrumpsf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    HOT HOT HOT!!! Lady. You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump to look later.

I can't see the pics on this computer, so I'll have to see when I get home. I bet you look fantastic though!
  • belle7xo
    belle7xo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wow, fantastic job!!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Just wanted to post this, for ladies with dumbbells/kettle balls. You won't be able to go as heavy as with a barbell obviously but it's better to start lighter/in a more modified way than not start at all! And of course rest between sets, 1-2 minutes.

Routine A: 5×5
    Dumbbell Squat 5 sets x 5 reps
    Dumbbell Bench Press 5 sets x 5 reps
    Dumbbell Lying Row 5 sets x 5 reps
    Weighted Situps 4 sets. Try to stay in the 8-12 rep range

Routine B: 4×5
    Dumbbell squat 4 sets x 5 reps. Set 4 should be same as Set 3. Example: set 1- 60lbs, set 2- 70lbs, set 3- 80lbs, set 4- 80lbs
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press or Military Dumbbell Press 4 sets x 5 reps. Alternate from week to week
    Dumbbell Deadlift 4 sets x 5 reps
    Situps 3 sets. Try and do a few more each week!

Routine C: 4 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 8
    Dumbbell Squat 4 sets x 5 reps then 1 set x 3 reps 1 then last set x 8. First 4 sets will be the same as Routine A. The 1 x 3 set is 2.5% above Routine A’s top set of 5. Then the 1 x8 set will be the same weight as your 3rd set on 4×5.
    Dumbbell Bench Press 4 sets x 5 reps then 1 set x 3 reps 1 then last set x 8. First 4 sets will be the same as Routine A. The 1 x 3 set is 2.5% above Routine A’s top set of 5. Then the 1 x8 set will be the same weight as your 3rd set on 4×5.
    Dumbbell Lying Row 4 sets x 5 reps then 1 set x 3 reps 1 then last set x 8. First 4 sets will be the same as Routine A. The 1 x 3 set is 2.5% above Routine A’s top set of 5. Then the 1 x8 set will be the same weight as your 3rd set on 4×5.
    Dumbbell Curls 3 sets x 8 reps
    Dumbbell Tricep Extension 3 sets x 8 reps

http://produmbbellworkouts.com/dumbbell-routines/5x5-heavy-weight-with-dumbbells/

And then an beginner body weight circuit, if you find you have no weights at all.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :wink: Yep, I can see why Women are afraid to Lift Heavy!! You really "Got Bulky", LOL!!!
    :drinker: Fabulous Job!! Thanks for posting!!
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats and great job!
  • belladonnacooks
    Options
    wow u look amazing!! I am so scared to go over 1200 calories a day - can you give us an idea of what your meal plans look like?
  • Achrya
    Options
    wow u look amazing!! I am so scared to go over 1200 calories a day - can you give us an idea of what your meal plans look like?

I don't have a set meal plan really. I just kind of eat whatever; I try to cook most of my food myself (75-80%) and go protein heavy when possible.; I do use shakes and quest bars because I'm aiming for 120g of protein. I use full fat cheese, 2% milk, full fat salad dresseing, I eat regular ice cream (a lot...), and baked goods. I do use sandwich thins or tortillas, but I'm not low carb or low fat or low sugar or low sodium.

So basically I guess I just eat and try to make it all balance out.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, girl! Im having the same experience...not really losing weight at a fast pace (right now I'm not losing at all) but I'm looking smaller and smaller! Love it. Congrats on your accomplishments so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!