Bouncing back after baby with no stretchmarks

Options

Replies

• cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    Congrats on the birth of your baby. thank you for sharing your experience. There are things you can do to take preventative measures, but nothing is a sure thing. Stretch marks are a result of the skin not being able to accommodate stretching after a certain point.

some people get them some don't. Congratulations of meeting your goal!

I had to chime in here. something didn't rub me right about how this thread went.

For those of you who fear stretch marks and feel a bikini would never be possible as a result move past that.

Just take a gander at my profile pic. My stomach is covered in them. I only own two 1 piece bathing suits. From a size 12 all the way down to a size 2 I've been in a bikini. My motto - Everyone's stomach and butt cheeks deserve a day in the sun.

Love your body with stretch marks/without stretch marks/with scars/without scars. you only get one body love on it everyday!!!

No one is perfect and if they seem to be, you're just reading a page in their book.
    bcovkqf5ngbb.jpg

I thought I'd add a pic so you can see. Size 16 with stretch marks in A bikini let the sun hit your body parts!!!

Im not exaggerating, your like my goal and inspiration! EXACTLY what I was talking about! Despite your stretchmarks your absolutely STUNNING! With or without them your a solid 10. Not one human would notice them unless you were to say you have them because your body is so perfect. The best part is, they make you look even hotter because you work so hard on your body. Bravo to achieving your fitness goals!!! Are you competing?!?
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the birth of your baby. thank you for sharing your experience. There are things you can do to take preventative measures, but nothing is a sure thing. Stretch marks are a result of the skin not being able to accommodate stretching after a certain point.

I had to chime in here. something didn't rub me right about how this thread went.

For those of you who fear stretch marks and feel a bikini would never be possible as a result move past that.

Just take a gander at my profile pic. My stomach is covered in them. I only own two 1 piece bathing suits. From a size 12 all the way down to a size 2 I've been in a bikini. My motto - Everyone's stomach and butt cheeks deserve a day in the sun.

Love your body with stretch marks/without stretch marks/with scars/without scars. you only get one body love on it everyday!!!

No one is perfect and if they seem to be, you're just reading a page in their book.
    bcovkqf5ngbb.jpg

I thought I'd add a pic so you can see. Size 16 with stretch marks in A bikini let the sun hit your body parts!!!

Im not exaggerating, your like my goal and inspiration! EXACTLY what I was talking about! Despite your stretchmarks your absolutely STUNNING! With or without them your a solid 10. Not one human would notice them unless you were to say you have them because your body is so perfect. The best part is, they make you look even hotter because you work so hard on your body. Bravo to achieving your fitness goals!!! Are you competing?!?

Thank you! Just keep working toward your goals you will reach them!! For now appreciate where you are. Love your body treat it well it will reward you. Most of all we are more than these bodies. We are a reflection of how we treat others. I'm not competing anytime soon. Maybe in 2 years. For now I'm going to continue building.

• cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

bcovkqf5ngbb.jpg

Thank you! Just keep working toward your goals you will reach them!! For now appreciate where you are. Love your body treat it well it will reward you. Most of all we are more than these bodies. We are a reflection of how we treat others. I'm not competing anytime soon. Maybe in 2 years. For now I'm going to continue building.

You could easy win bikini... what are your goals? Whats your calorie intake? I agree with body being a refection of how you treat others... the more fit I am the happier I am. When your always happy its so hard to be mad or negative LOL
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

bcovkqf5ngbb.jpg

You could easy win bikini... what are your goals? Whats your calorie intake? I agree with body being a refection of how you treat others... the more fit I am the happier I am. When your always happy its so hard to be mad or negative LOL

I'd like to do figure in a Natural show which is why Im gonna go back to building in a few months.
    My calories are anyplace between 1400 and 1600 I'm finishing the tail end of a cut through 4/18
    After 4/18 I will begin adding in calories weekly until I find maintenance which should be about 2150 calories.
    My diary is public. I find its helpful to see what others are eating. Maybe there is a meal out there I may like. I leave mine open bc I make the most of calories, perhaps someone can get some ideas from me.

• cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

bcovkqf5ngbb.jpg

I'd like to do figure in a Natural show which is why Im gonna go back to building in a few months.
    My calories are anyplace between 1400 and 1600 I'm finishing the tail end of a cut through 4/18
    After 4/18 I will begin adding in calories weekly until I find maintenance which should be about 2150 calories.
    My diary is public. I find its to see what others are eating. Maybe there is a meal out there I may like. I leave mine open bc I make the most of calories, perhaps someone can get some ideas from me.

Your diet is a little like mine. I go between 1,200-2,200 calories depending on what Im doing and what my goal is. (When I was laying in bed sick 1,200, when Im making gains 2200) I wish my leg muscles were as developed as yours, I was close but when I got pregnant I lowered my weight a little and had issues with food because of nausea... then after baby all I ate was cupcakes. I feel like I lost the progress I made. Your body fat percentage looks around 13-14%, am I correct? Have you elimated sodium to extremely little amounts to get the cut look? My water weight is pretty high, Ive been gorging on salt the past year haha.... it takes real dedication to eat healthy, eliminate salt and weight lift as long as you have. I hope you compete soon because you definetly deserve a trophe! :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

bcovkqf5ngbb.jpg

My diary is public. I find its to see what others are eating. Maybe there is a meal out there I may like. I leave mine open bc I make the most of calories, perhaps someone can get some ideas from me.

Your diet is a little like mine. I go between 1,200-2,200 calories depending on what Im doing and what my goal is. (When I was laying in bed sick 1,200, when Im making gains 2200) I wish my leg muscles were as developed as yours, I was close but when I got pregnant I lowered my weight a little and had issues with food because of nausea... then after baby all I ate was cupcakes. I feel like I lost the progress I made. Your body fat percentage looks around 13-14%, am I correct? Have you elimated sodium to extremely little amounts to get the cut look? My water weight is pretty high, Ive been gorging on salt the past year haha.... it takes real dedication to eat healthy, eliminate salt and weight lift as long as you have. I hope you compete soon because you definetly deserve a trophe! :)

I just want to comment on the part about eliminating sodium/salt, your body has to have sodium. it helps balance electrolytes. cutting it out completely can cause health issue.even cutting it way down to minuscule amounts can be dangerous.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

bcovkqf5ngbb.jpg

I just want to comment on the part about eliminating sodium/salt, your body has to have sodium. it helps balance electrolytes. cutting it out completely can cause health issue.even cutting it way down to minuscule amounts can be dangerous.

I'm with you. I don't play around with water manipulation or sodium manipulation. You can die.

I researched what to do for a Peak week which I did the days leading up to this photo. I followed Dr. Layne Norton's peak weak protocol down to posing and presenting. It's in bodybuilding dot com. He talks plenty on the how's and why's sodium and water manipulation it's bad from a science based stand point. I would never harm myself to look this way.

A lot of competitors who have old school coaches carb, sodium and water deplete. There is no need for that. Sodium actually makes muscle look better or fuller for shows bringing water into the muscle. You must educate yourself.

I am not stage lean. I'm about 19-17% body fat by eye. Most people vastly underestimate their body fat. I'd need to come down 10 lbs of fat to be stage lean.

Again all my foods are open and listed in my diary. I do believe sodium and water intake along with carbs are listed.

My macros and caloric allowance is mine tailored to me and my needs and preferences and performance. Down to water sodium and carbs.

If you plan on competing do your research. Do not put your body into the hands of an idiot who will have you rebound playing with you sodium and water intake.

I dont starve myself of sodium when I try limiting it, I just dont drench my food in it and I NEVER limit water. I drink 1-2 gallons a day. I know to be stage ready they limit water for 2 days but Im not competing. I cant believe your the same body fat percentage as me! Thats amazing! My trainer had your EXACT body but she was 14% and went down to 12% during competition.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Right now I am on a pure sodium diet. I pound salt on my food because it tastes soooo yummy. Probably very unhealthy right now because its so high. Salt and sugar are my weakness.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I waited until my husband showed up with cupcakes before I started making my contractions go stronger and had to wait an hour for my doctor to show up. If it wasnt for all of that Im fairly certain labor would had been only 3-4 hours at the most.

How can one make contractions go stronger?
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I waited until my husband showed up with cupcakes before I started making my contractions go stronger and had to wait an hour for my doctor to show up. If it wasnt for all of that Im fairly certain labor would had been only 3-4 hours at the most.

Well, nipple stimulation or orgasm (external only with clean hands after membranes rupture) can work, but I'm not sure either were employed.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

When I seen the chart start to peak I focused on flexing my stomach and imagining pushing the baby out, in only an hour I was able to go from a 7 to a 10 in dialation and my contractions were "very stronge" each one felt like a wave of acid reflux attacking me combined with a cramping sensation. It was amazing.

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

When I seen the chart start to peak I focused on flexing my stomach and imagining pushing the baby out, in only an hour I was able to go from a 7 to a 10 in dialation and my contractions were "very stronge" each one felt like a wave of acid reflux attacking me combined with a cramping sensation. It was amazing.

I went from 3cm to 9cm in around 2 hours, without doing anything. I don't know about you but labor pains were so strong there was no way I could focus on anything other than cursing my doctor out for not having the OP ready.
    Are you sure it was not just natural labor progression?
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    6lbs 6 ozas baby? No wonder no pain no strech marks try having 3 at almost 10 lbs each :D
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

I went from 3cm to 9cm in around 2 hours, without doing anything. I don't know about you but labor pains were so strong there was no way I could focus on anything other than cursing my doctor out for not having the OP ready.
    Are you sure it was not just natural labor progression?

Might had been, but I felt in control. Who knows :)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »
    6lbs 6 ozas baby? No wonder no pain no strech marks try having 3 at almost 10 lbs each :D

Lol yes, I got lucky he was born that day... he literally grew 3 inches in about 2 weeks and gained a lot of weight. If he would had stayed in longer I cant imagine!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @sarahlifts you are a stunning inspiration, not because of how you look, but because of who you are!
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was 18 when I got pregnant, and I have many stretchmarks on my stomach and hips :( So I guess it was the age?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!