Bouncing back after baby with no stretchmarks

Options
My goal was to get pregnant, maintain weight lifting and bounce back after the baby with no stretchmarks. I did a lot of research and discovered WATER, fitness level, maintaining healthy weight and age you have a baby have a direct effect on those prone to stretchmarks (which I am prone!) I drank 1-2 gallons a day and stayed very active. Here are my results. Im almost back to my pre-pregnancy body. 100% certain I will completely make it there. td2d5et5cm1m.jpg
j90jhmubf23c.jpg

Replies

• ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    You're lucky!!! My stomach is wrecked after having my boys. It makes me feel so ugly and paranoid. You look amazing. Congrats on your baby as well.
  • YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Can I ask how many months post-partum you are?
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You're lucky!!! My stomach is wrecked after having my boys. It makes me feel so ugly and paranoid. You look amazing. Congrats on your baby as well.

There was definitely no luck. Im prone to being susceptible to stretchmarks so it was 100% dedication. If you want any advice on how to tighten your tummy I am here :)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    You look amazing! Can I ask how many months post-partum you are?

I am 1 year post partum. After the baby I had many slip ups on eating healthy so it took me awhile to get back into shape. I would support my candy/cupcake/icecream/cookie binges by saying I needed to because I was breastfeeding... it was easy being fit and healthy during pregnancy but very difficult immediately after the baby because of the 3 month wait to be able to join a gym and my cravings caused from breastfeeding. I breastfed until 7 months and thats when I started actually getting progress.
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    omg, you're a complete badass. fitness was NOT a concern with either of my pregnancies, but i definitely know better now. i only got stretch marks with my first, but i definitely didn't bounce back anywhere near as great as you have with either of them! goodness!
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    fitbritt__ wrote: »
    omg, you're a complete badass. fitness was NOT a concern with either of my pregnancies, but i definitely know better now. i only got stretch marks with my first, but i definitely didn't bounce back anywhere near as great as you have with either of them! goodness!

Before age 25 your more prone to stretchmarks, especially during TEENAGE years, after 30 your more prone to loose skin. Because I am HIGHLY prone to stretchmarks I waited until I was 26 to get pregnant. During pregnancy I consumed a ton of water after doing research that concluded only water aided in preventing stretchmarks. I also did planks which prevent damage to the abs during pregnancy and keep the belly smaller. Also before the baby I built a very strong abdominal section, it was super ripped. I did not show until month 8 and suddenly my stomach really popped out around then. I can recommend whatever you would like to firm your abdominal section. Tell me what your problem areas are and I can offer advice :)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    I think it was some luck, as well. I had my first kiddo at 16, had very young skin but that didn't stop me from having stretched out skin. I drank plenty of water and used tons of oil.

Genetics is on your side and you are lucky.

I consider my stretch marks a badge of honor and nothing to be ashamed of.

Teenagers are 90% likely to get stretchmarks, its the highest percentile. For example, I took antidepressants at 15, they pills caused me to gain 80lbs in only 3 months. I was left with billions of bright purple stretchmarks all over my legs, butt and chest. So my genetics were 100% pushing me to get stretchmarks like the rest of my family is prone to them. Luckily, after many years of weight lifting and eating healthy my skin fixed itself up and they faded so light that they are soooo hard to see. Having a baby after 25 lessens the chances of stretchmarks ASTRONOMICALLY in all studies that have been conducted, especially when combined with eating healthy and drinking lots of water. I hate my stretchmarks and every single day I strive to be as healthy as possible to remove them from my body. If I had a baby I am sure I would feel differently about mine but because they were the product of horrid pills that caused my very tiny body to gain huge amounts of weight and leave me with marks I hate mine.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Teenagers are 90% likely? Wow and really? Where is this information?
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    https://parent.guide/pregnancy-stretch-marks/
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/283651.php
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.today.com/amp/health/will-my-pregnancy-cause-stretch-marks-wbna19552331

Here are three articles all describing teens as gaving highest likelyhood. Unfortunately I can not find the original and I doubt I will, because Im not obsessed with researching it anymore, Im done having babies, hubby has 4 other kids so 5 is enough for us. My doctor did tell me that skin responds differnetly to weight gain while your younger, he said young people tear, older than 30 have loose skin. Something about how the skin stretches differently. Im sure someone on here can explain it with doctor terms :) My mom only got stretchmarks during her teen pregnancies, her last pregnancy when she was 30 she got none. However Im not going by my mom. I only trust science. I really planned this baby out extremely carefully because of how badly they attacked me as a teen.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It is the truth about teens and stretch marks. I am a tiger and it wasn't from my 2 pregnancies. I Gaines almost 100 pounds when I was going through puberty and there was nothing my skin could do to catch up. I have them on my knees arms thighs stomach and hips. Luckily they have faded to white and I am no longer self conscious about them. I am drinking tons and weight lifting to try and tighten everything up. You are an inspiration!! Wish I had been more disciplined during my pregnancies.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Melionfire wrote: »
    It is the truth about teens and stretch marks. I am a tiger and it wasn't from my 2 pregnancies. I Gaines almost 100 pounds when I was going through puberty and there was nothing my skin could do to catch up. I have them on my knees arms thighs stomach and hips. Luckily they have faded to white and I am no longer self conscious about them. I am drinking tons and weight lifting to try and tighten everything up. You are an inspiration!! Wish I had been more disciplined during my pregnancies.

im no longer self conscious either once they faded. The best part is once you start weight lifting your skin will tighten up. Once you are very fit the last thing you or ANYONE will notice is if there is loose skin or stretchmarks because you will be a fit bad *kitten* and truth be told, fit bad *kitten* always wins, HANDS DOWN. Some of the women I inspire to be the most have stretchmarks and VERY loose skin, but they rock ripped abs and a rock hard bum
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Hahaha they changed what I wrote to KITTEN
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hahaha they changed what I wrote to KITTEN

It also changes *kitten* hole to asparagus hole I think.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Ewwww kitten hole, what the heck? Hahaha
  • nitesky83
    nitesky83 Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I was 26 and developed stretchmarks despite my water intake, creams used, diet. Yes, luck has something to do with it. Especially because you cant always control how big your child grows inside your belly. No, i am not overweight, nor did I overgain during pregnancy.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    nitesky83 wrote: »
    I was 26 and developed stretchmarks despite my water intake, creams used, diet. Yes, luck has something to do with it. Especially because you cant always control how big your child grows inside your belly. No, i am not overweight, nor did I overgain during pregnancy.

Did you do weight lifting 5-6 times a week as well? If you were heavily at the gym then it should had helped prevent stretchmarks. Regardless, water intake, eating healthy and not gaining too much weight was very good for your baby and definitely prevented more stretchmarks... most importantly VERY good for your baby and thats what matters the most. I did get very lucky by giving birth at 38 weeks, once my son was born he gained 4 inches in only 2-3 weeks and had gained a lot of weight, he had a HUGE growth spurt right after he was born and if he had stayed in me longer I would had been much larger so I may had gotten a few. My birth was natural, I did not even know I was in active labor until my doctor visit. I was very lucky to had visited the doctor that day or I would have given birth at home. My birth was not painful and I always assumed all births felt like dying... here is my son :)2yu8gmfe7746.jpg
    . I'm sure that epidural (tubing near left shoulder) helped tons with the pain!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!