Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Iceberg vs Romaine Lettuce!

13»

Replies

• rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    I like iceberg lettuce it adds lots of filler to a salad is relatively inexpensive and holds my salad dressing in place.
    I grew up eating iceberg and always use it still. These days I do mix it with some spring mix type stuff
    And throw in lots of carrots, red cabbage, onion to dress up the salad. It's a great way to fill up with minimal
    added calories.
    I give iceberg a big thumbs up!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    rdmitch wrote: »
    I like iceberg lettuce it adds lots of filler to a salad is relatively inexpensive and holds my salad dressing in place.
    I grew up eating iceberg and always use it still. These days I do mix it with some spring mix type stuff
    And throw in lots of carrots, red cabbage, onion to dress up the salad. It's a great way to fill up with minimal
    added calories.
    I give iceberg a big thumbs up!

I'm with you! I actually don't care much for romaine. It seems so...wilty? My favorite is butter lettuce, and a little bit of spring mix or spinach is fine, but I also grew up on iceberg, and I love it. I eat big chunks of it while I'm chopping.

Thumbs up for crunchy water!! (Who doesn't love crunch, and water is good for you, so...)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Hi,
    amazing how nutrient dense romaine lettuce can be!
    Thanks
    Alexpk0ic0pcvidk.png

The labels are reversed. Very confusing picture. Was that intentional for some reason?