Why so much despise for bodybuilders

Options
BHFF
BHFF Posts: 421 Member
Why the despise for people who want to bodybuild? Shoot there is even a gym (PLANET FITNESS) that pretty much says bodybuilders are NOT welcome in their facilities. Even though there slogan is "NO JUDGMENT ZONE" is that hypocrisy?

Replies

• BHFF
    Options
    Where? When?

.... I think it's your perception, not reality.

It's definitely not my perception. Spend a day in my shoes just on this simple app and you will see. Furthermore my comments about planet fitness stand true and strong. If they are not biased towards bodybuilders then I am not sure what they are.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    BHFF wrote: »
    Where? When?

.... I think it's your perception, not reality.

It's definitely not my perception. Spend a day in my shoes just on this simple app and you will see. Furthermore my comments about planet fitness stand true and strong. If they are not biased towards bodybuilders then I am not sure what they are.

Spending a day in your shoes would be seeing things from your perspective. I've spent plenty of days on the app and not ever felt any despise for bodybuilders
  • BHFF
    Options
    They have a different business model. YOU are not the customer they are looking for and further, YOU intimidate the customer they do want. So in that respect, you're right, they don't want you in there, I have no problem with that. But it isn't discrimination, it's business. As far as this app goes, when it's you against the world, some self reflection is in order.

Whoever said it was me against the world?? Furthermore, their slogan is the no judgment zone yet they judge so please explain that bias to me. You can't use the fact that I am not the customer that they want or I intimidate others. Are you insinuating that my appearance in itself is intimidating. Actions are intimidating not appearances. I work out in peace and quiet like everyone else so how am I intimidating?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It's your perception. Really.
  • BHFF
    Options
    Theres gyms that are just for woman,there a boxing gym in Queens NY that is just for men..
    Planet fitness dosnt want bodybuilders,just join another gym.. Never really had a problem with anyone on this app either. If someone is a tool just ignore them

I'm not saying I don't ignore them, I'm not even insinuating that I am extremely upset. I posted a question that was all I did. From my perspective, from the comments And messages I have received on this app there is a bias towards myself and bodybuilders in general.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here:

ou62sl3fyreg.gif

Nothing wrong with bodybuilding although some people do take it a little too far. But hey that's up to them. The only ones I lack respect for are those 'carpet carriers' who walk around as if their latissimus dorsai need their own postcode; when their 'v-taper' (or lack thereof) is not in proportion to biceps and pectorials which seems to be a monday-sunday type exercise.

One other thing with 'bodybuilders' is lack of rear deltoid development. So I think there's a perception that the whole narcissistic focus on 'guns n chest' takes priority over achieving an actual proportioned look which gives an illusion of size. To me a lot of so called 'bodybuilders' are just juiceheads without any knowledge what the hell they're doing. I have the utmost respect for those who treat it like a science and art project to actually 'sculpt' their body to the fullest and leanest extent but some of these people are just.... plain - strange. :)

Respect for those who do it for self improvement and development to help their lives.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'm indifferent, it's not an aesthetic I'm particularly fond of but I can appreciate the work that goes into it. I do sometimes wonder though what it's like not to be able to cross your arms cos pecs and guns (generic you).