Are your partners supportive?

Options
13»

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls I put it down to his faulty personality and trying to bring me down but it still makes me feel like crap dreading my holiday with him I'd rather go on my own and not feel judged on what I look like or feel like he's embarrassed by me at the end of the day he is not all that great himself although he thinks he's gods gift ha anyway onwards and upwards I don't need a man in my life I'm quite capable and independent with my 5 kids I've had a c section and a ectopic previously so have a horizontal scar from my belly button down and the c section scar too so get called jelly belly blah blah blah he bores me I told him to go find a skinny woman cos I'm not interested

Forgive me for stating/asking the obvious, but why are you with him?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My boyfriend is great. He is. However, I think he worries about me losing weight. We kind of bond over our love of food and both of us have gained since we met. I think he is extra insecure as he watches me become thinner as he is maintaining a higher weight or gaining a little. However, with that said, he TRIES. He does try. He complained at first, but seeing my progress he doesn't order out unless I'm okay with it or he's not home so that he won't tempt me because I am definitely addicted to food. He buys snacks (for me), but now he usually asks first. I also plan around him so we eat at different times because of multiple reasons, but mainly because if I eat and then he eats in front of me I want to eat again and struggle not to. He's very considerate. I love that he tries even if sometimes it's stressful for him because he needs to accommodate for me or it sometimes makes him insecure.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My partner is pretty good. He lacks self control himself, he is a big snacker and doesn't really care what he eats, but he has an active job so he's not huge. Carries a bit of extra weight but he's not worried about it. He has, however, taken the time to understand what foods are low carb and what aren't, and he's learned to read labels. He cooks dinner most nights and has really extended himself in the low carb department, cooking meals I can eat. When we go out for dinner he takes care to pick somewhere I can get a low carb option. He also buys the low carb snacks I like. I don't feel any pressure to eat anything off plan.

I was 108kg when we met, and he was attracted to me then. I'm 85kg now and he did mention the other day something about "don't lose too much weight". I know from his comments about women on the TV that he is not at all attracted to skinny women. I don't think I'll ever be skinny though - I'd be happy with 75kg, which would put me at the upper end of a healthy BMI.
  • xoxbrandigurl
    xoxbrandigurl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband is somwhat supportive. He defends me when our friends want bad food like pizza. But at the same time he wont eat what i eat and we have a lot of trouble agreeing on what to eat for dinner.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My husband is somwhat supportive. He defends me when our friends want bad food like pizza. But at the same time he wont eat what i eat and we have a lot of trouble agreeing on what to eat for dinner.

He doesn't have to eat what you eat! My partner doesn't!
    But we do have the same evening meal but mine is adapted to me.
    So for example the other day I made spag Bol. I did him pasta and I spiralized some veg instead of pasta.

That way you won't disagree on dinner because yours is adapted to you!
    So say you both fancy roast dinner, have the chicken and veg, but have a salad instead of the potatoes or something

Hope that helps!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

So for example the other day I made spag Bol. I did him pasta and I spiralized some veg instead of pasta.

So say you both fancy roast dinner, have the chicken and veg, but have a salad instead of the potatoes or something

Hope that helps!

To an extend I agree - I don't have to eat what he eats, but I translate that in quantity, not by chanign dinner.
    My husbnad and I will have one dinner at all times, it is healty homemade stuff that much we agree on. He just has more (or call it; I have less). Both my husband and I refuse flat out to cook two dinners. It is so much our time together that we would feel completely disenganged from the little time we have during the week together if we gave that up, because the next step would be not having dinner together because it is just easier

I am not on a diet - I have changed my eating habits and exercise regime to suit the reality of my body and that simply means for me eating less. He's male and quite a bit taller he needs more calories so he'll eat more of what I am eating in gerenal
    So he will eat spiralized vegies when we have dinner together- and I know that he will then often have some nuts afterward. He'll have some chips stuff etc, but usually not when I am there.
    He'll have the larger lunch so he (very supportively) is fuller and also can make due with a low cal dinner if that is what we are having.

For instance tonight he knows I will have the same meal as he does, just I will have a lot less of the rice that goes with it. (like 1/4 of his).
    Tomorrow We'll have Pasta Carbonara because my CO allows it. The whole nine yards - eggs, bacon, pasta and cheese.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Hope that helps!

To an extend I agree - I don't have to eat what he eats, but I translate that in quantity, not by chanign dinner.
    My husbnad and I will have one dinner at all times, it is healty homemade stuff that much we agree on. He just has more (or call it; I have less). Both my husband and I refuse flat out to cook two dinners. It is so much our time together that we would feel completely disenganged from the little time we have during the week together if we gave that up, because the next step would be not having dinner together because it is just easier

I am not on a diet - I have changed my eating habits and exercise regime to suit the reality of my body and that simply means for me eating less. He's male and quite a bit taller he needs more calories so he'll eat more of what I am eating in gerenal
    So he will eat spiralized vegies when we have dinner together- and I know that he will then often have some nuts afterward. He'll have some chips stuff etc, but usually not when I am there.
    He'll have the larger lunch so he (very supportively) is fuller and also can make due with a low cal dinner if that is what we are having.

For instance tonight he knows I will have the same meal as he does, just I will have a lot less of the rice that goes with it. (like 1/4 of his).
    Tomorrow We'll have Pasta Carbonara because my CO allows it. The whole nine yards - eggs, bacon, pasta and cheese.

Yeah I agree with you too, I just realised I answered based on my diet.
    But before I overhauled what I ate I just had less quantity.
    So I'd have 75g of pasta and my OHwould have like 150

So really it depends what kind of diet you're on and how you adapt it to you
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Sorry not diet, lifestyle changes!
  • nataliebreen85
    nataliebreen85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Of course my husband supports me! He wouldn't be my husband if he didn't. I feel so bad for people with partners who don't support them.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Of course my husband supports me! He wouldn't be my husband if he didn't. I feel so bad for people with partners who don't support them.

Agreed.