How far do you drive to your gym?

Options
I live in a small town but we surprisingly have 3 gyms. I've been to all of them and I'm not really a fan of either of them. And thinking about driving to another town to try out a new one. Curious how far you guys drive to your gym?

Replies

• buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well, my gym is about 3 miles from my house but I drive straight from work during the week ... which is 14 miles. Worth it!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A mile and a half. Unless I switch to the Y, then it's like 5 miles.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    4 miles from home. About 15 if going from work.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    About 2-3 miles.
  • brishaw18
    brishaw18 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The next gym that is closest to me is about 25/30 min away... so I'm torn bc it's a far drive but not happy with the gyms by my house.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I walk 5 blocks. I go straight from work though and my train ride home is 45 minutes.
  • PositiveChange2013
    PositiveChange2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town where we have two gyms. One of the two is only about 3/4 of a mile from my home. Unfortunately, both close fairly early during the week and their weekend hours are almost non-existent. I drive 10.5 miles to a gym two towns over from me.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town with no gym. The closest gym is about 15 miles away. I drive 18 miles to the gym I belong to.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    15 minutes
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I walk 20 minutes to my gym.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I have a weight room at work, and other "work" gyms available within a block, but everything is 10 miles or so from home. If I want to run or swim, it is over 10 miles away. I work out at home before work, then use the gym or track right after work. I use the gyms, track, and pool almost all summer as well.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    It's about 30-45 minutes transit time. I pass so many gyms on the way but none of them are suitable to my needs
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    6 miles
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm a mile away from my gym. But iused to live 30 minutes away from my gym. I am so much more likely to go now knowing that driving only wastes a total of 5 minutes of my time than an hour that it did before. I do miss going to LifeTime Fitness though.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If I go from home, it's about a 15 minute drive. It's on my way home from work though, so I'd be going past anyway!
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have two I go to regularly. Both are small businesses and each specializes in its own stuff. One is 6 miles and the other is 3.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Technically, my gym is at work in the same building our cafeteria is in, but I never use it because I prefer to ride a bicycle.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    About 8 minutes. I had been ambivalent about a membership at all, if I couldn't just pop down and get it done with minimum impact on my day I don't think I would have bothered.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I work out at home or from my front door. If I have to get in the car to exercise it won't happen.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    5min walk. Out my back gate, across the park, and I am there.

The park has a 1.2 km walking/running trail around it, so I use that too.

I have a year membership to the rec centre- pool, gym, drop in classes, it also gives me the same access to 3 other centres. Depending on what I feel like I want to explore I may have to drive 15-20 mins.
    All that equipment so close at hand and sometimes I just do nerdfitness in the living room.

Cheers, h.