Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Replies

• itsallgood803
    itsallgood803 Posts: 133 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I think both may even be on YouTube at this point. Worth the trip down memory lane. The 2nd one is messed up though.....

Spoiler about the 2nd one. So read if you don't care.
    All the little girls family dies at the beginning? WTH?

Awesome! I am so watching that...and now I have to see the second one!
  • MichellePatte92
    MichellePatte92 Posts: 134 Member
    Biochemistry and physics double major who loves Star Wars and Star Trek more than life. I think I qualify? Lol

350px-Citric_acid_cycle_with_aconitate_2.svg.png

220px-ATP-Synthase.svg.png

Lol, ATP synthase and citric cycle?
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    who do ya'll think would win in a fight between a bloodlusted Luke Skywalker and the Incredible Hulk?

and I don't mean the puny Marvel movie Hulk- i mean like the mindless world breaker strongest-one-there-is-Hulk from the comics back in the day.

I'm trying but can't find a way Luke wins this... Could Luke just lift him and throw his lightsabre and cut off the Hulks head...

Probably not... The Hulks indestructible, not sure if the lightsabre would cut through...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    kace_kay wrote: »
    who do ya'll think would win in a fight between a bloodlusted Luke Skywalker and the Incredible Hulk?

and I don't mean the puny Marvel movie Hulk- i mean like the mindless world breaker strongest-one-there-is-Hulk from the comics back in the day.

Hulk, hands down

round 2:

the mindless Hulk accidentally wanders into the Tardis and proceeds to beat Karen Gillan to death using Rory as a blunt object. can/would 11 kill him or find a way to otherwise defeat the Hulk or does Hulk smash?

I can't stop laughing at this scenario!
    11 would win
  • MichellePatte92
    MichellePatte92 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2017

idk enough about star trek lore and lightsabers and all that

I think you kinda lose your nerd card for thinking lightsabers are in Star Trek, lol.

• JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member

I'm trying but can't find a way Luke wins this... Could Luke just lift him and throw his lightsabre and cut off the Hulks head...

Probably not... The Hulks indestructible, not sure if the lightsabre would cut through...

idk enough about star trek lore and lightsabers and all that. i too feel Hulk would handle it pretty easily. i think mindless comic Hulk would actually be unstoppable in their universe. if anything he'd unite the galaxy in their attempts to stop him.

Marvel movie Hulk would probably lose though. he did get knocked out cold by the Hulkbuster and all that.

Although Luke does have the whole underdog thing going for him, so I wouldn't underestimate him...

The Hulk is just not fair...

Although it's interesting how closely the Hulk relates to a Sith... Drawing all his power from his anger
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    mv4cxd23kfbb.jpg

One of my all time fave movies Labyrinth. .
    I hope they do it justice
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Lunch is over...am I too late ...*head down shuffles away*
  • slimgirljo15
    mv4cxd23kfbb.jpg

that guy's actually a good director with a good eye too.

anything anybody does won't be looked at as fondly as the original i'm sure, but as long as the puppet effects are good then i bet it'll end up just absolutely printing money either way though.

Truth...
    Im going to go watch it today ..its cold and rainy ..perfect day for lounge, blanket, left over easter egg and Labyrinth...
  • slimgirljo15
    mv4cxd23kfbb.jpg

that guy's actually a good director with a good eye too.

anything anybody does won't be looked at as fondly as the original i'm sure, but as long as the puppet effects are good then i bet it'll end up just absolutely printing money either way though.

Truth...
    Im going to go watch it today ..its cold and rainy ..perfect day for lounge, blanket, left over easter egg and Labyrinth...

i went and saw it in theaters a few months back for the 30th anniversary. would recommend if you ever get the chance.

The cinema would be awesome...I have a DVD thats kind of a prized possession lol..I don't lend it ..
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited April 2017
    Nevermind the Incredible Hulk...where does the Infraggable Krunk stand in all this?

ren67bdqdc4c.jpg
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member

Hey it's lunch o'clock somewhere.

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    aerochic42 wrote: »

Hey it's lunch o'clock somewhere.

*Takes vintage metal Star Wars Lunchbox with thermos out* Never too late for breakfast, brunch, second breakfast, elevensies, snack, coffee break, teatime, "OMG the ice cream truck is here!", dinner, late night snack, or the like.