Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    About GoT, I've watched 1 episode this season...just not as excited as used to be. I still love Cersei, Arya, and Sansa from the first episode tho and will try to get the attention span to watch.

I also (used) to love Orphan Black, but can't get into this (final) season.
    I wonder if it's because I know it's the final season...sometimes I let things go when I know they are over preemptively.

I didn't watched the last few episodes of Hemlock Grove, LOST, and Fringe because I didn't want to know how it would end.

I like to leave some stories untold.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    About GoT, I've watched 1 episode this season...just not as excited as used to be. I still love Cersei, Arya, and Sansa from the first episode tho and will try to get the attention span to watch.

I wonder if it's because I know it's the final season...sometimes I let things go when I know they are over preemptively.

I didn't watched the last few episodes of Hemlock Grove, LOST, and Fringe because I didn't want to know how it would end.

Ohhh GoT is getting so intense!
    I loved season 1 of Orphan Black! I just never got around to the other seasons - figured I'd wait and binge the series. Do you like the other seasons? Sometimes their not as good as the first.

I loved Orphan Black, but can't get into this season...I think it might be because I know it is over :disappointed:

Did you watch Penny Dreadful?
    I loved that show...and it ended without warning...which kept my interest up, although I didn't love the ending!
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I find myself sometimes just forcing myself to like something, like certain movies or TV shows, simply so I don't feel like I'm being negative all the time...

I'm just curious if GOT is like one of those shows that you honestly just force yourself to say you enjoy, simply because there's nothing else really out there and you don't want to just hate everything, or if it's really worth it...

Nawmean :wink:
    IC I loved Breaking Bad... Best television drama ever, in all sincerity!

If you liked Breaking Bad try watching Ozark.

My favourites are Black Mirror (book series coming out next year woo!) And loved Mr Robot too.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I haven't seen nor read GoT. I'm waiting so I can read them all the way through. So....

Lord of the rings meets parks and rec

rcar1gqe0ja8.jpg
    pvs4vpapwfqq.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    4cvmm0h9d6uz.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    0hasjqe202hu.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    7hjtkv4hn8lx.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    esvdrrch32xk.jpg
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Ohhh GoT is getting so intense!
    I loved season 1 of Orphan Black! I just never got around to the other seasons - figured I'd wait and binge the series. Do you like the other seasons? Sometimes their not as good as the first.

I loved Orphan Black, but can't get into this season...I think it might be because I know it is over :disappointed:

Did you watch Penny Dreadful?
    I loved that show...and it ended without warning...which kept my interest up, although I didn't love the ending!

Yah I was bummed to hear OB was gonna be over but I hope it ends on a high note!
    I watch at least part of the premier of PD but just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should give it another chance!

I thought Penny Dreadful was great. Without giving anything away I'll say it's really interesting how they combine so many different characters from different books into the story.

Plus Eva Green....my ultimate girl crush!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Eva Green seems to be in every movie I've watched lately. Who knew James Bond, Ms. Peregrine's, and The Golden Compass had such commonality!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    tupac-hologram-star-wars.gif
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    nerdy gift exchange time, message me if you want to gift each other nerdy stuff

no one trusts me :'(

I trust you...as much as most people...you "look" harmless!

But what exactly is a nerdy gift?

Guess it depends on the type of nerd...I like super gross medical stuff, space stuff, environmental science, sci-fi/horror, rpg, and reading dictionaries.

What would you gift me?