Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    The L.A.N.D.O. System

Lie to friends
    Arouse the Princess
    Negotiate with Vader
    Deal gets worse...
    Obtain Han's clothing.

Spoilers!

If you haven't watched Empire Strikes Back by now, you should, it's a good movie.

I havd i was just kitten around

You know who hasn't watched Empire Strikes Back? @caco_ethes

Go ahead, ask her what a tauntaun is.

It's luke-warm, thats what it is
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In a since-deleted Tweet, Mark Hamill suggested a fan eager to see the latest trailer should “watch Monday Night Football on Monday October 9th- for no reason in particular,”

So this is when the trailer is coming out.

Or not.... but possible.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    In a since-deleted Tweet, Mark Hamill suggested a fan eager to see the latest trailer should “watch Monday Night Football on Monday October 9th- for no reason in particular,”

Or not.... but possible.

Thats pretty funny! I am stoked the see the infinity war trailer
  • cee134
    Options

Or not.... but possible.

Thats pretty funny! I am stoked the see the infinity war trailer

I can't wait for those movies. It's the only comic I really read as a kid. It was awesome. It won't be as good as the comic, because they won't be able to put in all the heroes, but it should be pretty good.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    The new punisher ad looks bomb
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Actually Luke has "given up" on the Jedi and will refuse to teach Rey, at least at first. He is still a threat to Snoke which is why Snoke wants to find him, as he is the last Jedi.

1- Luke "giving up" just doesn't make sense... I've never bought into the idea that Luke is hiding because he's embarrassed about what happened Kylo...

2- If he's given up, why is he at the first jedi temple

Also Snoke doesn't care about finding Luke, he simply wanted the map destroyed, Snoke knows Luke is waiting for the chosen one who will destroy him

Interesting theory but I wouldn't write it...

Luke gave up because ben solo went crazy and killed all the apprentaces in a betrayal that no one saw coming after he found out vader was his grandpa.

The regret and the guilt of that incident is why he gave up.

Sorry Cap but I respectfully disagree, that would just make him to weak a hero...

After 30yrs, I doubt Luke is hiding or has given up... Not his style.

I wouldn't tarnish Luke as a character by writing that script, nor would I appreciate it... He's not after Snoke right now because he knows he's not the chosen one and can't defeat him.

If he dies then there's no one to teach the chosen one...

It's possible that once he sees Rey, he will at first be reluctant to train her because of the burden but I think she changes his mind

It's actually cannon and referenced in the force awakens, as well as the actual scene partially being shown in flashback

I don't believe what Han Solo said in the script, he knows the real reason Luke is hiding, but what's he going to say... Luke's waiting for the chosen one, it has to be kept a secret.

Han Solo said it as if it was a lie... And I don't doubt Kylo massacred Luke's students but that doesn't mean Luke ran off... That just makes him look like a baby, I'm certain that's not how things will unfold

I will be super disappointed if that turns out to be true

Prepare to be disappointed. Look, isn't hiding on a remote planet (and there are caretakers there, FYI, not just porgs) because he is waiting for the chosen one a little counter productive. If he was waiting for the chosen one wouldn't he just rebuild the Jedi Temple as well. Why hide at all? Because it's some kind of test? That's not very logical or efficient, nor does that go with the info out there. He thinks there is a flaw with the Jedi because the Jedi have not evolved unlike the Sith.

His best friends' son/ nephew slaughtered his entire Jedi temple. What would you do after having someone you trust and love that much do something that evil? Not to mention disappointing Han and Leia.

Luke has lost faith in the Jedi ways and will not want to teach Rey when she first arrives. The first words out of his mouth will be, "who are you?". This is a fact.

Sorry but I still disagree...

What do you expect Luke to do... Open the temple with a big "Searching for the chosen one" banner in front, advertise on TV commercials... Maybe start a Chosen One game show like AGT LOL...

Obviously he can't just hold tryouts, every person in the galaxy would want a piece of the action...

He would have to tell no one and go into deep hiding... Let the force guide someone to him that is to be trained... It's the only way he will ever find the true chosen one. What better place then the first Jedi temple...

The Jedi are not flawed, to just make up some "flaw" out of nowhere to have some place to take the story is bad writing.

I don't believe he is going to try to change Jedi philosophy to explain why there is a darkside, Luke is much wiser than that...

And I'll say it again, for the writers to write that Luke is hiding like an ostrich because he's embarrassed is just lame... That's too predictable and weak writing, lacks any creativity...
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Actually Luke has "given up" on the Jedi and will refuse to teach Rey, at least at first. He is still a threat to Snoke which is why Snoke wants to find him, as he is the last Jedi.

1- Luke "giving up" just doesn't make sense... I've never bought into the idea that Luke is hiding because he's embarrassed about what happened Kylo...

2- If he's given up, why is he at the first jedi temple

Also Snoke doesn't care about finding Luke, he simply wanted the map destroyed, Snoke knows Luke is waiting for the chosen one who will destroy him

Interesting theory but I wouldn't write it...

Luke gave up because ben solo went crazy and killed all the apprentaces in a betrayal that no one saw coming after he found out vader was his grandpa.

The regret and the guilt of that incident is why he gave up.

Sorry Cap but I respectfully disagree, that would just make him to weak a hero...

After 30yrs, I doubt Luke is hiding or has given up... Not his style.

I wouldn't tarnish Luke as a character by writing that script, nor would I appreciate it... He's not after Snoke right now because he knows he's not the chosen one and can't defeat him.

If he dies then there's no one to teach the chosen one...

It's possible that once he sees Rey, he will at first be reluctant to train her because of the burden but I think she changes his mind

It's actually cannon and referenced in the force awakens, as well as the actual scene partially being shown in flashback

I don't believe what Han Solo said in the script, he knows the real reason Luke is hiding, but what's he going to say... Luke's waiting for the chosen one, it has to be kept a secret.

Han Solo said it as if it was a lie... And I don't doubt Kylo massacred Luke's students but that doesn't mean Luke ran off... That just makes him look like a baby, I'm certain that's not how things will unfold

I will be super disappointed if that turns out to be true

Prepare to be disappointed. Look, isn't hiding on a remote planet (and there are caretakers there, FYI, not just porgs) because he is waiting for the chosen one a little counter productive. If he was waiting for the chosen one wouldn't he just rebuild the Jedi Temple as well. Why hide at all? Because it's some kind of test? That's not very logical or efficient, nor does that go with the info out there. He thinks there is a flaw with the Jedi because the Jedi have not evolved unlike the Sith.

His best friends' son/ nephew slaughtered his entire Jedi temple. What would you do after having someone you trust and love that much do something that evil? Not to mention disappointing Han and Leia.

Luke has lost faith in the Jedi ways and will not want to teach Rey when she first arrives. The first words out of his mouth will be, "who are you?". This is a fact.

What do you expect Luke to do... Open the temple with a big "Searching for the chosen one" banner in front, advertise on TV commercials... Maybe start a Chosen One game show like AGT LOL...

The franchise is Disney now, I wouldn't put it past them...
  • cee134
    Options

Sorry but I still disagree...

Obviously he can't just hold tryouts, every person in the galaxy would want a piece of the action...

He would have to tell no one and go into deep hiding... Let the force guide someone to him that is to be trained... It's the only way he will ever find the true chosen one. What better place then the first Jedi temple...

The Jedi are not flawed, to just make up some "flaw" out of nowhere to have some place to take the story is bad writing.

I don't believe he is going to try to change Jedi philosophy to explain why there is a darkside, Luke is much wiser than that...

And I'll say it again, for the writers to write that Luke is hiding like an ostrich because he's embarrassed is just lame... That's too predictable and weak writing, lacks any creativity...

You seem to be fixed on the chosen one. Yes, they are probably setting Rey up to be the chosen one. However, that doesn't mean Luke is actively looking for the chosen one. Nor does that mean him going off by himself is a test to find the chosen one.

The Jedi are flawed, which is what the prequels are about. Luke realizes this and after his failure to start up the Jedi again, he decides they don't need to be around anymore.

If he is looking for the chosen one, why does he refuse to teach Rey the ways of the Jedi when she arrives?

She does some sort of training, but it's unclear if it's self taught or when Luke steps in to help her.

If Hollywood keeps with it's predictability, Luke will have lost his faith in the Jedi, Rey will have to earn Luke's trust and/or restore Luke's faith in the Jedi, something bad will happen (like Kylo Ren finding Luke and destroying the first temple) and Rey will become stronger somehow and finally be ready to face Snoke and Kylo in the 3rd movie (maybe because Luke finally decides to train her).

It almost sounds like Disney wants to get rid of the Jedi, but that doesn't make much marketing sense, so maybe since they are rebooting Star Wars, they are rebooting the Jedi. So Disney will launch TV shows and movies (or other media) of the new Jedi and their story of the rebuilding and adventures.
  • cee134
    Options
    Star Wars Episode VIII: 'The Last Jedi' is wrapped (The final cut is done).

usq75n8sdgjj.jpg
  • catherinemorgan3990
    Options
    Hello nerdy folks. I'm a big gamer, old and new school games. Favorite game of all time is orcania of time Loz.play lots of video games. I like science, more weather/ geo based. But my job is in making stuff for people. What up!
  • cee134
    Options
    Hello nerdy folks. I'm a big gamer, old and new school games. Favorite game of all time is orcania of time Loz.play lots of video games. I like science, more weather/ geo based. But my job is in making stuff for people. What up!

Making what stuff? Like pillows or video games?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Zelda is probably the greatest of all time... Although I love skyrim, my biggest complaint is that the characters mechanics just feel clunky...

What are your thoughts on all the hurricanes recently
  • cee134
    Options
    f2dv8z7jt3uk.png
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    are dorks allowed?
  • ChiChiDoesStuff
    ChiChiDoesStuff Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Lil late but can I sit with ya'll?
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    are dorks allowed?

no

damn it! snobs!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    are dorks allowed?

no

damn it! snobs!

:'(:D

Actually, dorks are allowed as long as their moms packed cupcakes...