Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    It takes over 4500 hours (187 Days and 12 Hours) of play, or $2100 to unlock all content in Star Wars: Battlefront 2, according to player estimates.

I had a good laugh over that when my husband and I were discussing this. I mean, I love games like Skyrim and FF, but there isn't any way in hell I'd spend that much money or time on something. Skyrim already sucked away enough of my life.
    Well no one is saying you have to unlock every single skin in the game...

Or invest 1/2 your waking life on playing it either...

It's totally possible to buy it, play with my kid when I'm off and live a normal life....

I'm talking about buying a video game here, not taking up crack lol

Uhhh, like I have that kind of self control. I'm not really an adult.

I mean... It's not like it's Skyrim :grimace:

Nonsense. Skyrim is life.

It's totally possible to buy it, play with my kid when I'm off and live a normal life....

The problem is me. I also can't stop reading books or watching movies if I've started.

And this is why I am still slogging through Under the Dome and sat through reading every Twilight book. Every. Single. One.

You miss understooded me...

I meant to say, I'm not going to become addicted to battle front, it's not like it's skyrim...

There will forever be a part of me that lives as a dark elf named Darth Libra that lives to call down Odiving and destroy any all in my path with my Dawnbreaker and Godlike enchanted gear!

That wasn't my point. My point is they are making it so it's almost impossible to progress without 100's of hours or dollars.

Those games are much less fun to me when I can't do anything without playing forever first.

Skyrim on the other hand. No issues there.
  • cee134
    Options

Again, Skyrim is life. I have the game for three platforms, lol.

You ready? It's a Skyrim type of meme day.

euubhttlvhuq.gif
  • cee134
    Options
    mc5tdwkp4e68.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    c2m4oe8ojcg7.png
  • cee134
    edited November 2017
    Options

I meant to say, I'm not going to become addicted to battle front, it's not like it's skyrim...

There will forever be a part of me that lives as a dark elf named Darth Libra that lives to call down Odiving and destroy any all in my path with my Dawnbreaker and Godlike enchanted gear!

To give you an example of what I'm talking about:

(2 days ago this was the estimate)

For the game Star Wars Battlefront 2 by EA, there is a grand total of 324 cards.

Upgrading these will require a total of 155,520 crafting parts. This requires opening a grand total of 3,111 loot crates which will require 4,528 hours (188 Days, 15 Hours, 59 Minutes and 59 Seconds) of gameplay.

Or

$2,100, if the player pays it, a number derived from the cost of the paid currency, crystals, used to open all of those loot crates. (Players can also use credits, which they receive for free; it takes more credits than it does crystals to unlock crates, however.)

The calculations don’t include how long it takes to upgrade Star Cards to their maximum level, which are unattainable through loot crates.
  • cee134
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The Good News about Battlefront 2 is
    The company behind the new Star Wars video game has b]TEMPORARILY[/b turned off a money-spinning part of it after an outcry from angry fans and scrutiny from regulators.

Gamers had complained in recent days that it takes huge amounts of time -- or money -- to unlock features in Star Wars Battlefront II. Regulators in Belgium, meanwhile, are looking at whether the game constitutes a form of gambling.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/16/technology/battlefront-ii-star-wars-game-ea-costs/index.html

Which means they will turn the money features back on later when the noise dies down.

The Bad News
    is:
    Star Wars: Battlefront II review: Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/star-wars-battlefront-ii-review-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope/
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    It takes over 4500 hours (187 Days and 12 Hours) of play, or $2100 to unlock all content in Star Wars: Battlefront 2, according to player estimates.

I had a good laugh over that when my husband and I were discussing this. I mean, I love games like Skyrim and FF, but there isn't any way in hell I'd spend that much money or time on something. Skyrim already sucked away enough of my life.

Nonsense. Skyrim is life.

The problem is me. I also can't stop reading books or watching movies if I've started.

And this is why I am still slogging through Under the Dome and sat through reading every Twilight book. Every. Single. One.

That wasn't my point. My point is they are making it so it's almost impossible to progress without 100's of hours or dollars.

Those games are much less fun to me when I can't do anything without playing forever first.

Skyrim on the other hand. No issues there.

They apparently recanted and turned off all in-game purchases due to the backlash, lol. Only temporarily.

https://gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-temporarily-drops-microtra/1100-6455042/

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    4-1.jpg
    tumblr_o3ujypSacS1ucgeo5o1_1280.jpg
    f0d724514ee7ea82c5c29e14b4e4d8fb--skyrim-funny-skyrim-memes.jpg

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    JUSTICE LEAGUE IS GOOD.

Is it really!?

I was worried I was going to have to pretend to like it so I don't ruin it for my son lol

Seeing it this afternoon
  • cee134
    edited November 2017
    Options
    JUSTICE LEAGUE IS GOOD.

Is it really!?

I was worried I was going to have to pretend to like it so I don't ruin it for my son lol

Seeing it this afternoon

That is good news. I was really hoping even DC wouldn't be able to *kitten* that one up.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    JUSTICE LEAGUE IS GOOD.

Is it really!?

Seeing it this afternoon

That is good news. I was really hoping even DC wouldn't be able to *kitten* that one up.

I dislike the bodybuilding Batman look but whatever...

It looks like they tried to capture the levity and humor of the marvel movies after all the criticism of SvsB, but the previews so far just look corny, cheesy at best...

Hope my kid likes it is all... But that's largely on me, if I say it sucked, he'll agree and will forever feel that way about Batman (superman is lame anyway lol)... If I say it's great, he'll agree... He's 6 :heart:
  • cee134
    Options
    s2sjocpmdh7n.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    JUSTICE LEAGUE IS GOOD.

Is it really!?

Seeing it this afternoon

I enjoyed it
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/bNjhtHyihJ0

Better bvs than bvs
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    The Good News about Battlefront 2 is
    The company behind the new Star Wars video game has b]TEMPORARILY[/b turned off a money-spinning part of it after an outcry from angry fans and scrutiny from regulators.

Gamers had complained in recent days that it takes huge amounts of time -- or money -- to unlock features in Star Wars Battlefront II. Regulators in Belgium, meanwhile, are looking at whether the game constitutes a form of gambling.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/16/technology/battlefront-ii-star-wars-game-ea-costs/index.html

Which means they will turn the money features back on later when the noise dies down.

The Bad News
    is:
    Star Wars: Battlefront II review: Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/star-wars-battlefront-ii-review-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope/

TBH I only want this game to play the campaign so I'm hoping the negative publicity and people boycotting the game will drive the price down on it fairly quick.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Gao'uld language dictionary, for all my stargate homies out there:

http://www.tokraresistance.com/dictionary.html

Kree! Niush nio.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

Again, Skyrim is life. I have the game for three platforms, lol.

You ready? It's a Skyrim type of meme day.

euubhttlvhuq.gif

lol. Flipping drives me nuts!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    May be a wee bit interested in this...

WolfensteinII_.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    9vvdwi9682ux.jpg
  • Timshel_