"Doing The Dirty" Problem

Options

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    get your son to join in on the neighbors action. But if he really wants to break it up for good, he's got to make them think he is freakier than they are. He needs to dress like the gimp- introduce them to gag balls
    and handcuffs...bring lots and lots of feathers --you know what? screw the feathers... you need to bring the whole damn chicken!!! Now thats some kinky **** there. oh and and hot wax. First thing he should say to
    them is NOT hello. It should be - MYFITNESSPAL
    - which is the safe word for the night.
    Unless if they are absolute freaks, they'll quit their little 20 minute missionary sessions.

I was going to suggest just leaving the ball gag, handcuffs and rope in a gift basket outside the door of the apartment, with a note saying - So I can sleep and you can still have your fun, A loving neighbour.
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    I was going to suggest just leaving the ball gag, handcuffs and rope in a gift basket outside the door of the apartment, with a note saying - So I can sleep and you can still have your fun, A loving neighbour.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    [/quote]
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great that you are a concerned and caring parent but I too suggest that you let your son deal with this somewhat trivial problem. If he has difficulties dealing with noisy neighbors (including ones having sex) and needs his mother to bail him out, well his problem solving skills and basic life skills may be a bit lacking.

Let him deal with it.

edited for: Other suggestions were awesome:laugh:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It's probably just me and my Baptist upbringing but I cannot fathom telling my parents about a neighbor's noisy sex. Noisy neighbors, yes, details about why, no but that's just me. What I REALLY cannot fathom though (and apparently this is shared with several posters) is why the OP is taking the problem on as their own. If your son is grown, he needs to be dealing with this. It is not your sleep that is being affected, it is his. He's a big boy now: no one including him is really going to appreciate you fixing everything for him.

I am constantly surprised and alarmed at my job as a customer service rep for a utility by how many parents call to start service for their college-age offspring and even go so far as to have the bills mailed "to them at home so they can pay the bills because they don't feel their [son/daughter] is responsible enough." URGH! :explode:

A few other people said it and I am too: cut the apron strings: if your son is old enough to go to college, he's old enough to learn how to deal with dealing with less than desirable noisy neighbors. I would have been SO EMBARRASSED if my parents tried to bust in and settle this for me.

P.S. No decent woman is going to want a guy who is a mama's boy and cannot stand on his own two feet and defend his rights.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Yep^Agreed...let him become a man.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ear plugs work wonders.

I had noisy neighbors once, but they weren't love making...they were trying to kill each other. My hubby and I used to lie in bed at 2 AM and make up stories about what they had done to each other to illicit all the yelling. We did that until one night they started throwing furniture, and she sounded like he actually was going to KILL her, and we called the cops. They promptly moved out a few days later.

It could always be worse. I'd take sweet LOUD lovemaking any day!
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    He should get a girlfriend and fight fire with fire.

Absolutely this^^^
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Our neighbor was really getting annoying. She was newly separated and had taken up singing with an amp and her stereo cranked up. I considered contacting her landlord or the police, but in the end, I just talked with her. I told her I needed some quiet and asked if she would tone it down.

She has been much better and the peace is back.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    He should bake them a cake and leave it on their front doorstep.

zokwG.gif

In all seriousness, though, at my very first apartment, my upstairs neighbours were also very...noisy. And their bedroom was right above mine. And they would be doin' it at like, 4 AM. It would wake me up (one time, it was so loud and I was so disoriented from sleep, I thought it was like, the end of the world or something. It actually SCARED me!) and it was annoying. But, I mean. What can you really do? Tell people to stop having sex? Yeah, no. Earplugs. Earplugs are great. Or just deal with it.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It depends on where he is. Most towns have noise ordinances, but it's up to the apartment complex to enforce it. I'd say he should complain to the apartment complex first. They're usually pretty good about keeping tenants happy. Or he could talk to his upstairs neighbors about it.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    let your son deal with it... its his issue to handle or not handle. Time to let go mom ( said with a smile)

Whew, glad I wasn't the only one thinking this!! He's in college, don't fight his battles, don't go and complain, let him grow up. And buy him some ear plugs.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this sounds like your son's problem. why are you trying to fix it??

when i got to college i was of the mindset "i've got to handle my own problems now." i did call mom and dad when i had HUGE problems, but not with noisy neighbors and dorm mates.

i had a very noisy roommate one semester, that slept all day, and was up all night playing video games or talking to his girlfriend. so what did i do?? i slept with my headphones blasting every night.
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    If its more than just you and them in the block send an anonymous letter to them first, if that doesnt work than compain to the landlord dept.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm very out spoken and and all though I don't ever try to offend anyone I always speak my mind. He could either knock on the door and be honest and tell them (but in a very tactful way) or he could leave a note on their door as to stay anonymous? If he goes for the first option I should imagine that they would be mortified so things would hopefully change! If their response isn't very good then he could go down the route of complaining. Just go for it! He has nothing to lose but a good nights sleep to gain!!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Have him figure out what time the dude partner shows up nightly and go jizz on the doorknob and30 minutes before with a note...i live it when you make get scream all night...here is my gift to you...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Buy them a ball gag.

Really in all seriousness. That guy upstairs sounds pretty cool, and he is getting some. Your son should find out and befriend this guy. Maybe the girl has a cute friend, who you know is going to be freaky in the sack too.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Have your son get a fan to sleep with to drown out the noise. Welcome to apartment living where everyone can hear everything that everyone else is doing. If you don't want to hear it, rent a house.
  • brandynot
    brandynot Posts: 88
    Options
    get your son to join in on the neighbors action. But if he really wants to break it up for good, he's got to make them think he is freakier than they are. He needs to dress like the gimp- introduce them to gag balls
    and handcuffs...bring lots and lots of feathers --you know what? screw the feathers... you need to bring the whole damn chicken!!! Now thats some kinky **** there. oh and and hot wax. First thing he should say to
    them is NOT hello. It should be - MYFITNESSPAL
    - which is the safe word for the night.
    Unless if they are absolute freaks, they'll quit their little 20 minute missionary sessions.

OMG!!! ^^^these!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Doing the dirty laundry?

First of all, it's sex. And it's only 20 minutes of you boy's beauty sleep. With any luck, your son will be getting his own dirty with his BS is economics or whatever. He'll not want the po-po called or ratted out to management because those walls/floors are thin - so he needs to think HARD about how big of deal this actually is or if maybe it's just some culture shock. If he lived in a dorm, he'd have to learn to live and make far more compromises with a roommate.It MIGHT be time cut the cord. If it bothers him, he need to try to solve the problem. He's presumably an adult and he needs to learn how to navigate real world situations without you taking care of that for him.
    ^^^^ this x 1,000....eventually some girl or guy is gonna find your baby attractive enough to get naked with...and it would totally suck if the neighbors did a little pay back. Tell him to bust out the earplugs, or hand lotion...and STFU. College is not high school.

Edited: Holy Spelling Errors BATMAN!!
  • brandynot
    brandynot Posts: 88
    Options
    No but seriously. I think you should tell your son that he needs to handle it. I agree with some of the others...you need to let go and let him handle his apartment issues. If it was a legal issue then yeah...step in and help guide him to resolve, but honestly the fact that he even felt the need to mention it to you is an indication that you need to back off so he can learn some conflict resolution skills. Its new to him to have to deal with things on his own...but its necessary. First lesson of leaving the nest is learning independence. He has to learn to be a man...without going to you to help resolve every little thing...especially someones nightly 20 minute love fest. JMO
This discussion has been closed.