30 pounds in 30 days

Replies

• TheKeyz
    TheKeyz Posts: 39 Member
    TheKeyz wrote: »
    No

Unless your planning on chopping of your legs or something. Which I wouldn't recommend.

Lol yea well Im not a big fan of leg day so I think that could be an option

Weight loss works by creating a calorie deficit.
    To lose 1lb a day you would have to cut your calories by 3500 a day. Now the minimum you should eat a day is 1500 net.

Weight loss is simple math and your maths don't add up.

What's the hurry?

No hurry really I'm just tired of the extra weight and I want to be able to take my shirt off this summer not keep it on

If that's the goal then quick weight loss is the last thing you want. You will lose muscle.

Just work out your TDEE and eat 500 calories below it. Keep hitting your protein goal and keep lifting. Including legs ;)

Ok I'll try that but aw man anything but legs lol
  • TheKeyz
    No

Unless your planning on chopping of your legs or something. Which I wouldn't recommend.

To lose 1lb a day you would have to cut your calories by 3500 a day. Now the minimum you should eat a day is 1500 net.

What's the hurry?

No hurry really I'm just tired of the extra weight and I want to be able to take my shirt off this summer not keep it on

For what it's worth, I'm pretty much never offended by a guy with his shirt off, whatever shape he may be in. I know your perception of yourself is more important in that regard, but just throwing it out there.

Also, losing that much, that fast, could just leave you looking sickly (again, not that I care). Maybe start now and aim for next summer?

How much total do you have to lose?
    Well I'm 6ft 235 pounds and I want to at least lose 20-30
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Given your current stats and your goal, I wouldn't even think of trying to lose the weight in a hurry. I would focus on maintaining a reasonable deficit and start lifting heavy. That will get you where you want to be.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    I wouldn't recommend it. If you want aim for 0.5 pounds a week with the maximum of 1 pound weight loss.
    Good luck!
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Try not to focus so much on the number. Eat at a slight deficit and get some strength training going. You may not see a huge change in the scale, but the strength training will help you look and feel way better.

And yeah, leg day sucks. But skipping it sucks even more!
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Well that was an amusing thought. At 209 pounds my matinence is around 2000. Not only would I have to not eat ever, but I would also have to burn 1400-1500 calories in the gym every day.

Yeahhhhh no I'm fine with 1.5-2 pounds a week
  • Azzie521
    Azzie521 Posts: 32 Member
    I thk 2 lbs a week is the max you can lose
  • Cannady81
    Cannady81 Posts: 2 Member
    It's possible. I lost 27lbs in a month, by not eating artificial carbs and sugar.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    No

What's the hurry?

For what it's worth, I'm pretty much never offended by a guy with his shirt off, whatever shape he may be in. I know your perception of yourself is more important in that regard, but just throwing it out there.

Also, losing that much, that fast, could just leave you looking sickly (again, not that I care). Maybe start now and aim for next summer?

How much total do you have to lose?

Really? I kinda wish all guys would leave their shirts on, but especially those who are obese.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    OP I'm in the same boat... I really want to look good in my bikini...at my current rate I'll be ready in November :D
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Cannady81 wrote: »
    It's possible. I lost 27lbs in a month, by not eating artificial carbs and sugar.

What's an artificial carb? :/

:laugh:
    I was wondering the exact same thing!

It's funny because the person you responded to lost mostly water weight, and most do have large losses at the beginning of a weight loss journey.

• cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    You could conceivably do that, but only under a doctor's care. You might lose your gall bladder. I wouldn't recommend it.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    No.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Yes with laxitives...lol
  • TheKeyz
    Cannady81 wrote: »

Seriously?