Does anyone not use there real pic for there profile? If so then why?

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I would have to be REALLY old to have been the subject of an Edgar Degas painting!

I use this because I've always loved this painting. It's my second-favorite (but Judith slaying Holofernes doesn't crop/reduce nearly as well) I like the colors, the use of light, and I enjoy dancing. I do wish we knew more about who this dancer was.

Note: edited to fix the URL.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I am a sci-fi nerd fanatic. That should give you well enough of a hint what I look like and why I don't use my photo. :/

So you're hawt!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It makes me uncomfortable to show my face on any forums. Privacy reasons I guess is what it comes down to!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I am a taco cat, and a pox on anyone who doesn't believe it.

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I am a taco cat, and a pox on anyone who doesn't believe it.

I don't believe it:P

Contrary to my husbands opinion, my avatar is not a picture of me. I am more than a pair of eyes and a stomach.

This is my profile pic because I think it's appropriate. When I get bored of it, it will change. Maybe to a photo of me.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Privacy. Once a pic is posted on the Net, it's there forever. You can never take it back. Lots of people who've regretted that.

Besides, I think my Homer avatar is cute and funny; much more so than a pic of me would be.

I like my Homer better. ;)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I prefer pictures of art I've created.. or cats. Lots and lots of cats.

No one needs to see what I look like.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Reverse image search.

It's a thing, and my workplace unfortunately decided to post my pic and full work info on their website.

On a positive note, I get to remind myself what my nutso dog was like back when he was a nutso pup. Not a bad thing :smile:
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Privacy reasons
  • nige101
    nige101 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    old, over weight, bald guy , nobody needs to that.. :smile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Reverse image search.

It's a thing, and my workplace unfortunately decided to post my pic and full work info on their website.

On a positive note, I get to remind myself what my nutso dog was like back when he was a nutso pup. Not a bad thing :smile:

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. I have a reasonably public work profile, and am in an industry where people will google me. Plus, MFP has a ridiculous amount of users and I don't need to coincidentally run across a workmate while I'm bitching about the size of my thighs. And before you think it couldn't happen - About 3 years ago someone started a thread on here asking for advice on Vegas hotels (I'm in Australia, mind you) and I posted the story about my stay in one - the OP of that thread recognized my story, got up from her desk and walked into my office. True story.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Reverse image search.

Yep me too, the photos are ones I've taken, and I've thought about reverse image search. Though if someone is determined they might be able to find our (now sadly deceased) fluffball on instagram.

It's mostly privacy for me, anyone who knows me well will recognise the person and cat in the picture, but colleagues and things won't.

As to images being of someone else that happened to my friend back in the myspace years. She was a proper goth chick, and someone else was using her photos. We never really got to the bottom of why, whether it was for catfishing or something else.
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm really a skull and crossbones wearing a pink bow with giant, adorable eyes...okay, maybe not, but I like it, it makes me smile, so why not?
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The face in my profile picture is a mask I made out of paper mache and chobani so that the government can't track my movements
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I don't for privacy reasons and the fact that I hate my photo being taken. My profile pic is of where I love to spend my time walking.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I don't like pictures of me and prefer my privacy. My choice makes me happy and that's what matters to me.