Eating a donut after months of healthy eating = nearly puked.

Options

Replies

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This happened to me! I had lost 40 lbs at that time and I am not sure exactly what caused it. I went out for Mexican food. Chips/salsa and a quesadilla I mean nothing crazy or out there. I had eaten homemade Mexican dishes while losing. For some reason the restaurant food made me sick and I think it was just a shock to my system after changing my diet so much. When you stop eating lots of grease and fat and it can do that. I saw a documentary about holocust survivors and it said when they were liberated that the troops gave them meat to try to keep them from starving and it had been so long since they had digested much of anything let alone meat that some of them died from eating it. Their bodies simply couldn't break down the enzymes anymore.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I feel this way with any greasy treat meal. I look forward to it, but then I pay dearly for it. I feel like my stomach has a brick in it and then the heartburn will kick in. :(
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Probably the combination of GMO'd sugar-beet sugar, white super-refined flour, boiled in some random vegetable oil that's reheated too many times :s
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    cityruss wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Probably the combination of GMO'd sugar-beet sugar, white super-refined flour, boiled in some random vegetable oil that's reheated too many times :s

Do you have any evidence that GMO sugar beet sugar causes any of the above ailments?

lol, it's obviously difficult to post in sarcasm and irony, isn't it? ;)

Yeah. Gotta use a winky or a smirk face or something.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I haven't eaten pizza in a while.

Tonight for dinner I had seven slices of Little Caesar's Smokehouse BBQ pizza (pulled pork, brisket and bacon with BBQ sauce).

It was absofrickinglutely glorious.

Yes, seven slices. And I ain't even sorry.

Doing this tomorrow, but I'm gonna try and pawn most of the pizza off on my parents. Glad to know it was good.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    After a 48 hour water fast, and nearly two months of relatively low fat eating, today's evening exceptionally heavy meal is going to be interesting, but I will regret nothing!

I remember breaking a 36 hour fast once. My guts were maaaaaaaaaaad.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    After a 48 hour water fast, and nearly two months of relatively low fat eating, today's evening exceptionally heavy meal is going to be interesting, but I will regret nothing!

I remember breaking a 36 hour fast once. My guts were maaaaaaaaaaad.

Yeah, now imagine breaking it with a meal that is almost literally made of more than half the calories from fat. Heaps of butter, fatty meat, desserts that are almost literally half cream half butter, so much mayo might as well be eating it with a spoon... You get the idea.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Heartburn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Donuts nearly make me ill now. I ate half of one a couple months ago and threw the other half out. The third bite just got gross.
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This is the very reason I don't eliminate any foods. It's not because the donut is bad, it's just you aren't used to it. You know what gets me? Broccoli, weird huh?

This.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the OP knows that donuts are fried food?
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be sad if my once a year foods (fried dough, fluffernutter ) made me feel sick.