21 days 2 shakes a day, Apr 18- May 9

Options
With traveling, holiday, family and friend functions, I need to reset. For the next 21 days I'm having 2 shakes a day, and a sensible meal. I feel like it will be just as much of a mental relief as a physical one.

Anyone interested in a 21 day reboot? I'm also using this weigh in template that someone else shared, if anyone would like to utilize it as well

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R05TgMg7Xcv5rf5dAzfuNeaEOEJYtzeq5gBH5dEjnXg/edit?usp=sharing

^not sure why it won't let me link it, but the spreadsheet is there nonetheless.

Looking forward to it!

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    I'm not asking for advice. This is what I'm doing. I know how it works.

Clearly, since you're crash dieting away those lbs that crept back up. I'm sure it'll work this time

Nope not crash dieting.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    fascha wrote: »
    No thanks I prefer to eat my food

Sure. Why respond then.

I've been here for years, and it never ceases to amaze me how self righteous most of you are. Take a break.

If you have been here for years, then you should probably understand the crowd. So this should be of no surprise that you're met with contempt over essentially a fad diet that is not sustainable or teachable in the slightest.

This is you assuming.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    if youve been here for years why do you still believe your body needs resetting like its a broken machine? Not only will 2 shakes a day suck (youll lose your motivation fast everyone starts out all excited for any new diet) but you wont learn ANYTHING about how to feed yourself long term, Youll likely cause more damage to your body thn good with lack of nutrients, And in 21 days youll just end up putting weight on from not learning anything about how to feed yourself.

why so defensive if you don't like being told your being needlessly silly dont post on here, No ones attacking you just telling you the truth. Learn how to eat. Eat at defecit. Stop complicating it

Maybe because my family and I have done intermittent fasting for years, and juicing, that's why I do it. And we also, several times a year, focus on reconnecting with whole foods, and nourishing our bodies with the healthiest food possible. It's a great way to "reboot" yourself mentally and physically. Correcting bowel issues, mental fogginess, resetting bad habits. Juicing is a great way to do it, and 21 days is short and sweet, and certainly not complicated. If you have a problem with that, don't do it.

You are all making grand assumptions, when I asked a question for those interested in focusing on something entirely different than your arguments reflect.

Save it, guys. You exhaust people with your unending arguments. Unless you have something productive to say, that actually relates to me in anyway. After my 21 days, if you cared to ask after you jumped down a strangers throat, I'll go back to eating my normal sensible diet, feeling refreshed, like we always do.

Welcome aboard!
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    if youve been here for years why do you still believe your body needs resetting like its a broken machine? Not only will 2 shakes a day suck (youll lose your motivation fast everyone starts out all excited for any new diet) but you wont learn ANYTHING about how to feed yourself long term, Youll likely cause more damage to your body thn good with lack of nutrients, And in 21 days youll just end up putting weight on from not learning anything about how to feed yourself.

why so defensive if you don't like being told your being needlessly silly dont post on here, No ones attacking you just telling you the truth. Learn how to eat. Eat at defecit. Stop complicating it

Maybe because my family and I have done intermittent fasting for years, and juicing, that's why I do it. And we also, several times a year, focus on reconnecting with whole foods, and nourishing our bodies with the healthiest food possible. It's a great way to "reboot" yourself mentally and physically. Correcting bowel issues, mental fogginess, resetting bad habits. Juicing is a great way to do it, and 21 days is short and sweet, and certainly not complicated. If you have a problem with that, don't do it.

You are all making grand assumptions, when I asked a question for those interested in focusing on something entirely different than your arguments reflect.

Save it, guys. You exhaust people with your unending arguments. Unless you have something productive to say, that actually relates to me in anyway. After my 21 days, if you cared to ask after you jumped down a strangers throat, I'll go back to eating my normal sensible diet, feeling refreshed, like we always do.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks. I've actually learned a great deal here over the years, esp regarding CICO. I'm grateful for that. I just mostly read, though, but truly, thanks for the warmth.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    It's basically the slim fast plan. How many calories are you consuming?

I wear a fitbit, so stay within my TDEE calories -500 for now. Right now I'm just mostly wanting to reset my habits, thinking, and relieve my bloat and cravings. My palette is a little disjointed right now.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    MrsSeager wrote: »
    I'm in. Unlike all the others on this post I'll be supportive. I've been doing two shakes a day and a sensible meal for about a month and I feel great. I don't have sugar cravings anymore and have a lot more energy. And yes, it is a 'reboot.' My mother lost 50lbs in 12 weeks doing something similar through a weight management program at a hospital (and kept it off!) So unless every person who commented negatively about your idea is a doctor or nutritionist, keep your comments to yourself

You've been doing it a month so far? Well, looks like I'll be joining you then. And thanks for your comment, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I know mentally I'm looking forward to the focus and routine of 1 thing, until I start feeling better all around. I've been feeling like a stuffed sausage, and it's affecting my sleep badly.

Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    for Mrs. Seiger and Original Poster: Are you doing any snacks in between and if so, what are they? Thanks