21 days 2 shakes a day, Apr 18- May 9

Options

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Call me, I'll make you some nutritionous shakes. I'll be glad to take your money.

I can blend my own veggies, but thanks?
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    MrsSeager wrote: »
    I'm in. Unlike all the others on this post I'll be supportive. I've been doing two shakes a day and a sensible meal for about a month and I feel great. I don't have sugar cravings anymore and have a lot more energy. And yes, it is a 'reboot.' My mother lost 50lbs in 12 weeks doing something similar through a weight management program at a hospital (and kept it off!) So unless every person who commented negatively about your idea is a doctor or nutritionist, keep your comments to yourself

You've been doing it a month so far? Well, looks like I'll be joining you then. And thanks for your comment, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I know mentally I'm looking forward to the focus and routine of 1 thing, until I start feeling better all around. I've been feeling like a stuffed sausage, and it's affecting my sleep badly.

Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you!

It's been awesome! I stay under my calories almost everyday. I have tons of energy, no sugar cravings, no bloat, and my skin looks awesome because I have basically rid my body of all the horrible things I ate before I started the shakes. I drink two GNC Total Lean shakes a day, I mix with 1% milk so I get a few more calories because I use as a meal replacement. I give myself a day a week that I'll eat healthy meals to get a break from the shakes, and have noticed that I'll actually eat less than I normally would have, so it's definitely helped with portion control.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    for Mrs. Seiger and Original Poster: Are you doing any snacks in between and if so, what are they? Thanks

I can have as many snacks as I need, as long as it's whole nutritious food, and I'm listening to my body. Typically I had 2 a day, it depends. Good question, though.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    A hospital supervised weight loss program is rather different from what is being suggested here. Fo r one, it's medically supervised rather than Internet fad. Nonetheless, people will do what they want and find a way to justify It.

I'm not doing a fad diet.
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing, cause I'm doing one. And I "need" one.

Humans don't need to reboot as we are are not computers. What you're doing has no scientific proof that it's necessary or even helpful. And a miserable way to spend a few weeks. No need to be miserable with shakes.

I remember your previous posts. You got really good advice. Why torture yourself?

It's not torture. And you are right, I think detox is a better word than reboot.
  • jusjoking
    jusjoking Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    there was a diet called "The Velocity Diet" touted on t-nation a few years back. I was tempted but never tried it. there were/are different iterations of it but im pretty sure it is all shakes for x amount of weeks.

IIRC it was considered a pretty extreme and sometimes aimed at those who simply couldnt/wouldnt spend time preparing meals or whatever. I think it was also generally used at the start of a planned weight loss

The only way I could see me trying it would be like if I were a rock star going on a 3 week tour lol, and I had no practical way of planning/cooking etc
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    I'm in. Unlike all the others on this post I'll be supportive. I've been doing two shakes a day and a sensible meal for about a month and I feel great. I don't have sugar cravings anymore and have a lot more energy. And yes, it is a 'reboot.' My mother lost 50lbs in 12 weeks doing something similar through a weight management program at a hospital (and kept it off!) So unless every person who commented negatively about your idea is a doctor or nutritionist, keep your comments to yourself

You've been doing it a month so far? Well, looks like I'll be joining you then. And thanks for your comment, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I know mentally I'm looking forward to the focus and routine of 1 thing, until I start feeling better all around. I've been feeling like a stuffed sausage, and it's affecting my sleep badly.

Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you!

It's been awesome! I stay under my calories almost everyday. I have tons of energy, no sugar cravings, no bloat, and my skin looks awesome because I have basically rid my body of all the horrible things I ate before I started the shakes. I drink two GNC Total Lean shakes a day, I mix with 1% milk so I get a few more calories because I use as a meal replacement. I give myself a day a week that I'll eat healthy meals to get a break from the shakes, and have noticed that I'll actually eat less than I normally would have, so it's definitely helped with portion control.

I always had a lot more energy, and just generally felt better. It really corrected my taste buds and cravings with food. My skin really improved as well, of course sleep, stomach issues, and I felt more positive and optimistic. It's amazing how food can cure so many ailments if we just get a balanced version of it. I never love water as much as I do when i'm eating better, so all around, it's worth it.

I really like that you have a day a week as well, can I ask what day? I bet that helps you have an extended version of this. I'm basically blending all my food in 2 shakes a day, I want to cram as much nutrition in my body for the next 3 weeks as possible. Fortunately i love the taste too. You're impressive with your discipline, I'm amazed. How much longer are you planning on going?
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I believe in reboots and not in the sense like a "computer" shutting off and turing on again however its more like a state of mind / body cleanse. Whenever I eat considerably under a standard caloric deficit and keep carbs low I always seem to enter that Keto "clean" state of mind where I get a lot more energy. Usually my skin clears up as well and I just generally have a better feeling of well being. I don't think this is sustainable, no, however times in my life during my service in the military and post military my body needed to just "unplug". Just like your diet I believe your nervous system can become "shot" form heavy deads, squats and sprints as well and could benefit greatly from de-loads or a built in rest week.

**My Bro Science opinion "some of it at least"

But at the end of the day anyone should be supported to do what they feel is right. Its not like going on a two shake a day thing is putting someone in physical jeopardy, and someone who would be put in harms way from something like this would probably already know their limitations.

msalicia07 good luck!
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    There is such a thing, cause I'm doing one. And I "need" one.

Humans don't need to reboot as we are are not computers. What you're doing has no scientific proof that it's necessary or even helpful. And a miserable way to spend a few weeks. No need to be miserable with shakes.

I remember your previous posts. You got really good advice. Why torture yourself?

What previous posts and advice. You are confusing me i think.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    So if you're going to go back to your already normal sensible diet after your reboot, won't you just go back to the way you felt before the reboot also? A reboot isn't really a reboot if your habits don't change, and doing something for 21 days and then stopping isn't going to help form new habits either. It seems like you'd be better off doing something more long-term. Also, I'm not jumping down your throat, just a logical assessment from the perspective of a computer engineer who knows if I don't fix a problem before I reboot the computer, the problem is just going to come back after the reboot.

I have a long term normal eating lifestyle that got derailed this past couple months. And rebooting is an expression like resetting. Just going to focus on good nutrition for 21 days for the mental and physical benefits, then get back on my normal healthy balanced routine. Like when people get out of their workout routine, which happens. Sometimes a plan for the next couple weeks is exactly what they need to get back to a good routine again.

you guys are way over thinking this.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    So if you're going to go back to your already normal sensible diet after your reboot, won't you just go back to the way you felt before the reboot also? A reboot isn't really a reboot if your habits don't change, and doing something for 21 days and then stopping isn't going to help form new habits either. It seems like you'd be better off doing something more long-term. Also, I'm not jumping down your throat, just a logical assessment from the perspective of a computer engineer who knows if I don't fix a problem before I reboot the computer, the problem is just going to come back after the reboot.

I have a long term normal eating lifestyle that got derailed this past couple months. And rebooting is an expression like resetting. Just going to focus on good nutrition for 21 days for the mental and physical benefits, then get back on my normal healthy balanced routine. Like when people get out of their workout routine, which happens. Sometimes a plan for the next couple weeks is exactly what they need to get back to a good routine again.

you guys are way over thinking this.

LOL I totally agree with you, people are overthinking this completely.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    I believe in reboots and not in the sense like a "computer" shutting off and turing on again however its more like a state of mind / body cleanse. Whenever I eat considerably under a standard caloric deficit and keep carbs low I always seem to enter that Keto "clean" state of mind where I get a lot more energy. Usually my skin clears up as well and I just generally have a better feeling of well being. I don't think this is sustainable, no, however times in my life during my service in the military and post military my body needed to just "unplug". Just like your diet I believe your nervous system can become "shot" form heavy deads, squats and sprints as well and could benefit greatly from de-loads or a built in rest week.

**My Bro Science opinion "some of it at least"

But at the end of the day anyone should be supported to do what they feel is right. Its not like going on a two shake a day thing is putting someone in physical jeopardy, and someone who would be put in harms way from something like this would probably already know their limitations.

msalicia07 good luck!

Thanks, and I'm saying it in the same way, reboot and reset is just a mental thing where I'm focusing on my priorities for the next 21 days, which will help immensely in getting me back into my normal healthy lifestyle I generally have. It is very much mental, but the physical perks of more energy and nutrition are always huge as well.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    what I want to know is what toxins are being cleansed and what bowel issues are being fixed from doing this?

Don't count on an answer too much. I've noticed such questions have been largely ignored in this thread.
  • Ddsb11
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OP, if you're blending your normal food in to juices or smoothies, why not just eat the food? if you've been eating poorly, why not just make a decision to eat better long term rather than do something you're going to step away from in a few weeks?

Because juicing provide more of these phytochemicals, it also provides the body with more water. It's incredibly healthy, and now that my routine is thrown so badly, sometimes it's easier to refocus for 21 days with less variables. And I love the way it feels, how it effects my mental clarity, my sleep, energy, it's far more convenient, basically everything. Besides, there is so many delicious ways to make your juice, with ginger, mint, kale, apples, you can go on and on. There's infinite reasons really. I don't get the same abundance of nutrients and all the changes in the same amount of time with food. Sometimes it's easier to just jump in, and enjoy the process, which I do. I bet if people tried it themselves, it would make more sense as to why juicing is easier and more beneficial than just eating the food for an increment of time.

It's bazaar how so many people have a problem with it, truly.