21 days 2 shakes a day, Apr 18- May 9

Options

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    what I want to know is what toxins are being cleansed and what bowel issues are being fixed from doing this?

I didn't say anything about toxins, but product of my poor diet, I'm looking forwarding to becoming more regular with proper nutrition. And it's no mystery we flush toxins from our skin as well, and mine is not looking healthy with this lifestyle I've been juggling.

And you want to know what... how spending 21 days getting the best nutrition I possibly can will help? How is this a question?
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    what I want to know is what toxins are being cleansed and what bowel issues are being fixed from doing this?

Don't count on an answer too much. I've noticed such questions have been largely ignored in this thread.

No questions towards me are being ignored. The only thing being ignored is that what I'm doing is incredibly healthy, but clearly not popular for no reason whatsoever.
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options

My biggie was sugar. I had a wicked sweet tooth, once I started the twice daily shakes my carb and sugar cravings virtually disappeared. I have more energy, I sleep better, and my skin is clear.
  • Ddsb11
    edited April 2017
    Options
    msalicia07 wrote: »
    OP, if you're blending your normal food in to juices or smoothies, why not just eat the food? if you've been eating poorly, why not just make a decision to eat better long term rather than do something you're going to step away from in a few weeks?

Because juicing provide more of these phytochemicals, it also provides the body with more water. It's incredibly healthy, and now that my routine is thrown so badly, sometimes it's easier to refocus for 21 days with less variables. And I love the way it feels, how it effects my mental clarity, my sleep, energy, it's far more convenient, basically everything. Besides, there is so many delicious ways to make your juice, with ginger, mint, kale, apples, you can go on and on. There's infinite reasons really. I don't get the same abundance of nutrients and all the changes in the same amount of time with food. Sometimes it's easier to just jump in, and enjoy the process, which I do. I bet if people tried it themselves, it would make more sense as to why juicing is easier and more beneficial than just eating the food for an increment of time.

It's bazaar how so many people have a problem with it, truly.

Some of mine are blended and some are juice. They both have strengths, so it's good to utilize both. There are more nutrients in juicing. More fiber in shakes. I like them both. And if you really want to play "who knows more about juicing/smoothies" you should reconsider that. And I eat a meal and snacks as well. So, what's your issue again? Either way, still a better diet than most people, and it's temporary before transitioning to 1 shake a day. You might want to take a look at your own diet before continuing to criticize mine.

If you guys really "care" about people knowing about what is healthy or not, this thread is not where you need to be diverting your energy.
  • misciej
    misciej Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My daily meals are very close to this reset. Day 44 is tomorrow. I have a protein shake in the AM, a protein bar for lunch. I will have a small snack following work, usually Oikos Triple zero Greek yogurt and then a sensible meal. I have lost weight, dropped down a pant size and 2 shirt sizes, had to take off my thumb rings before i lost them down a sink drain. I am no longer exhausted when I return home from work (RN). I no longer crave sweets or carbs.

If something works and is healthy do it! You know you best!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    MrsSeager wrote: »

My biggie was sugar. I had a wicked sweet tooth, once I started the twice daily shakes my carb and sugar cravings virtually disappeared. I have more energy, I sleep better, and my skin is clear.

if you are juicing you are still getting sugar. fruits and veggies have carbs(aka sugar).so how did those cravings go away? and how are you ridding your body of sugar/carbs? the only true way would be to not even include those and thats not healthy to do.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I didn't say anything about toxins, but product of my poor diet, I'm looking forwarding to becoming more regular with proper nutrition. And it's no mystery we flush toxins from our skin as well, and mine is not looking healthy with this lifestyle I've been juggling.

And you want to know what... how spending 21 days getting the best nutrition I possibly can will help? How is this a question?

you didnt say anything about toxins another poster did.I wasnt quoting you saying that.becoming regular could be as easy as adding fiber to your diet,or healthy fats and plenty of water.and if you want to go with the best nutrition you possible can why limit it to 21 days and then have to keep repeating? what is so magical about 21 days? these are legit questions.
  • MrsSeager
    Options

if you are juicing you are still getting sugar. fruits and veggies have carbs(aka sugar).so how did those cravings go away? and how are you ridding your body of sugar/carbs? the only true way would be to not even include those and thats not healthy to do.

I don't juice. I have two GNC Total Lean shakes a day with 8oz of 1% milk. I have one healthy meal, usually for dinner. I have a piece of fruit in the afternoon as a snack. I meet all my macros and am right on with my calories most days.
  • Ddsb11
    edited April 2017
    Options

you didnt say anything about toxins another poster did.I wasnt quoting you saying that.becoming regular could be as easy as adding fiber to your diet,or healthy fats and plenty of water.and if you want to go with the best nutrition you possible can why limit it to 21 days and then have to keep repeating? what is so magical about 21 days? these are legit questions.

I've already explained why i'm doing it, no magical reason for 21. I don't have to repeat it. I choose to a couple times a year for health. Like I choose to intermittent fast. It's a choice. You're making this complicated for no reason. What is your problem?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I've already explained why i'm doing it, no magical reason for 21. I don't have to repeat it. I chose to a couple times a year for health. Like I chose to intermittent fast. It's a choice. You're making this complicated for no reason. What is your problem?

I'm not making it complicated, and I dont have a problem. Im asking legit questions that you seem not to want to answer in depth besides saying you do it for health reasons yet if its for health why is it only certain times if you choose not to repeat it? Im sure newbies reading this would like answers to these things as well.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I don't juice. I have two GNC Total Lean shakes a day with 8oz of 1% milk. I have one healthy meal, usually for dinner. I have a piece of fruit in the afternoon as a snack. I meet all my macros and am right on with my calories most days.

it has sugars and artificial sweeteners in them too though.but hey whatever floats your boat lol
  • Ddsb11
    Options

I've already explained why i'm doing it, no magical reason for 21. I don't have to repeat it. I chose to a couple times a year for health. Like I chose to intermittent fast. It's a choice. You're making this complicated for no reason. What is your problem?

I'm not making it complicated, and I dont have a problem. Im asking legit questions that you seem not to want to answer in depth besides saying you do it for health reasons yet if its for health why is it only certain times if you choose not to repeat it? Im sure newbies reading this would like answers to these things as well.

I "seem" not to want to answer? Just because you don't understand what I've stated multiple times, isn't a reflection of me avoiding anything. It's for health because it's a FOCUSED 21 days of high nutrition and routine. I like to transition into my general moderation and nutrition plan that I do most of the year. People can do this as long as they want, it's their preference and lifestyle to decide.
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    misciej wrote: »
    My daily meals are very close to this reset. Day 44 is tomorrow. I have a protein shake in the AM, a protein bar for lunch. I will have a small snack following work, usually Oikos Triple zero Greek yogurt and then a sensible meal. I have lost weight, dropped down a pant size and 2 shirt sizes, had to take off my thumb rings before i lost them down a sink drain. I am no longer exhausted when I return home from work (RN). I no longer crave sweets or carbs.

If something works and is healthy do it! You know you best!

Congrats on your success, and thanks for the support. Who knew drinking my veggies twice a day would piss so many people off, but I agree, if it's healthy do it! I feel so tired doing so little right now, I'm looking forward to having full days ahead of me again :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OP, if you're blending your normal food in to juices or smoothies, why not just eat the food? if you've been eating poorly, why not just make a decision to eat better long term rather than do something you're going to step away from in a few weeks?

Because juicing provide more of these phytochemicals, it also provides the body with more water. It's incredibly healthy, and now that my routine is thrown so badly, sometimes it's easier to refocus for 21 days with less variables. And I love the way it feels, how it effects my mental clarity, my sleep, energy, it's far more convenient, basically everything. Besides, there is so many delicious ways to make your juice, with ginger, mint, kale, apples, you can go on and on. There's infinite reasons really. I don't get the same abundance of nutrients and all the changes in the same amount of time with food. Sometimes it's easier to just jump in, and enjoy the process, which I do. I bet if people tried it themselves, it would make more sense as to why juicing is easier and more beneficial than just eating the food for an increment of time.

Juicing doesn't give your produce magical properties to be more nutritious. You have a digestive system that is more than capable of working and absorbing these things for you - id say you're doing yourself a disservice by relying on juices and smoothies as your digestive system will become less efficient.

I have plenty of ways to make fruit and vegetables taste amazing without needing to whiz them or juice them. I get a mountain of variety and nutrients every day. And I drink sufficient water to hydrate me. Every day. Not just for 3 weeks at a time. Perhaps working on sustainable changes would be more beneficial in the long term - unless of course you plan on doing this forever because its so good for you.
  • MrsSeager
    Options

it has sugars and artificial sweeteners in them too though.but hey whatever floats your boat lol

Yep the powder for the shake has 3 grams of sugar. I haven't completely cut out sugar and carbs, I just don't consume in excess like I did before. Not sure why you are trying to argue with me about it. I've been doing it for 4 weeks and my cravings have decreased, drastically. Might not have worked for you but it has worked for me. I know that I sleep better at night and have more energy during the day. And I know I have lost weight and feel awesome.
  • Ddsb11
    edited April 2017
    Options

So, tell me, what's your problem with me having a generally healthy lifestyle, and bout 2 times a year blending and juicing my veggies (which I do get more nutrients from (fact), and wouldn't be consuming nearly as many veggies in that time without blending or juicing them (fact), for 2 meals a day, with snacks and an edible meal.

I'm very aware what CICO is, and moderation, and you are clearly taking this way out of context. There is nothing extreme, harmful, or complicated. No one said anything about magical properties. It is, however, more nutrient dense, and you can consume more veggies by drinking them. Which is a really great way for me to "reset" myself after the last couple months I've had in regards to my lifestyle, when normally it's pretty decent and consistent. I'm LOOKING FORWARD to resetting my habits, palette, cravings, general thinking about food, how I feel, my sleep and digestive track, and getting back to my normal routine feeling like a million bucks.

If you have a problem with this, I DON'T CARE. Nor should anyone, unless they're being haters like a bunch of you ridiculous empty shell people who are making it an issue for no other reason than to be argumentative and self righteous. Take a look at yourselves!

And anyone who would like to do a reset as well, god forbid you speak up, because you'll feel like you have to defend yourself for ages. So, PM me. Have a good night.
  • MrsSeager
    Options
    You're right, it's poison in excess. Fatty liver anyone?