Exhausted!! No breaks

Options
1235»

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    kaykay6676 wrote: »
    @usmcmp umm... okay? I was just wondering. And I'm not reading magazine *kitten*. Lmfao. I was on Pinterest and they showed up. I know I was giving some information. I'm new at this. I was just wondering if any of these would work as well.

They were taken from magazines, but Pinterest isn't any better than a magazine. You were given a link to a thread with tons of great lifting programs. You're just going to have to lift and eat more. You're going to gain some fat and in the end you'll be happy you put up with the fat gains.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    kaykay6676 wrote: »
    What about any of these? Or would I loose weight doing these also. I'm sorry for bothering everyone. I just don't know much about this stuff. 6zxicxp8njfc.pnggced288c1u9t.png
    xqt1946d3cry.png
    8pcpcftny2x9.png

There are way too many reps to be achieving your goals you have stated. These exercises will build endurance perhaps, but to gain weight and muscle you need to be doing a progressive lifting program.... as others have already mentioned :smile:
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In OP's defense, if she's a total beginner, the Strong Curves PDF may not be explanatory enough.

OP, @kaykay6676, I borrowed the Strong Curves book from the library (didn't want to buy right away) and I've had it for six weeks now. If you have access to the library, this is a great option, as the book explains the workouts in detail and gives you exercise alternatives, nutrition information, science behind the workouts, etc. I highly recommend the program. I am pregnant and have been doing a modified version and have already noticed more definition and changes in my lower body. I will most likely buy the book when I can't renew it anymore.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Your posting says "Exhausted, no breaks". But the conversation is about doing cardio versus strength. I'm wondering if part of the problem is too much exercise, not enough focus on what you are eating. And maybe not looking at all on REST. It's the big buzzword now with competitive athletes, who are now talking about sleep and rest days sometimes more than the actual workouts.

Your body does need time to recover from exercise. It doesn't have to mean one day on/one day off..although it can. But if you are constantly pushing without recovery, you won't like the results. Rest is GOOD for you!