GUYS: would you end your relationship over extra skin ?

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
Say you workout and eat right with your girlfriend, but she's lost a LOT of weight over the years. Say from 300lbs to 175lbs (example) and she has a lot of extra skin on her stomach, thighs and tushie. Would you be proud of her achievement and stay with her, or be so repulsed by her extra skin that you'll end it if she doesn't get plastic surgery.

I got the idea from today's Dr. Phil episode.

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    no. i'd do it over dinner.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Funny you posted this...my bf and I were watching extreme weight loss last night and the woman had a ton of extra skin. I asked him if he would break up with me if I had extra skin like that and he said he would...
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No. If I loved her at 300 pounds why wouldn't I still love her at 175 loose skin or not?

She's the same woman so If he is repulsed by the lose skin then he should take a hard look in the mirror and decide why he was in the relationship in the first place.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think if anyone made "undergo cosmetic surgery" a condition of our continued relationship I would get out of there as fast as I damn well could.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    yes

not srs
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    No. If I loved her at 300 pounds why wouldn't I still love her at 175 loose skin or not?

She's the same woman so If he is repulsed by the lose skin then he should take a hard look in the mirror and decide why he was in the relationship in the first place.

1) faith in humanity restored
    2) excellent point
  • dlpau
    dlpau Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd be proud of her achievement and stay with her.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Omg yes!! Why do you keep extra?! It isnt like an extra button to replace lost ones!
  • Sedna_51
    Options
    Omg yes!! Why do you keep extra?! It isnt like an extra button to replace lost ones!

please be trolling please be trolling please be trolling
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Jeesh, I asked my boyfriend and he got all butthurt. Why would you even need to ask me that? Youre so insecure after all these years and you dont know my answer?

I'd still get surgery though and he supports it, but didnt expect him to get so butthurt sensitive Cancer sign over it...sigh. :noway:
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options

Verbatim.
  • definitely its not the reason to end the relation.... and that flappy skin goes away with toning.... nothing is permanent in this world
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I date snakes. They shed their skin. You guys are on your own.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    no I would remove some of it myself and serve with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
    gw-ikw18MiTflbHF.gif \m/
  • jaxokc
    jaxokc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think if anyone made "undergo cosmetic surgery" a condition of our continued relationship I would get out of there as fast as I damn well could.
    EXACTLY! How shallow...why would anyone want to be with someone like that.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    What I'd do is quit watching Dr. Phil :laugh:
  • vindetta12
    Options
    No way. The extra skin is a testament to her hard work and dedication. I would tell her to wear that extra skin with pride knowing she did what other people couldnt do. but thats just me.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    not if she could do this

tumblr_lqab88mfuB1qlr140o1_500.gif
  • Sedna_51
    Options
    "I've got an idea, honey. If you're so repulsed by looking at my extra skin, why don't we just blind you? It'll be cheaper than surgery. Why, I've even got some bleach and a long pin in the next room."
  • Sedna_51
    Options
    not if she could do this

tumblr_lqab88mfuB1qlr140o1_500.gif

okay so this is my new weight loss goal, who's in