GUYS: would you end your relationship over extra skin ?

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I had a partner who didn't like my foreskin, so I just had it removed for him. Whats the big deal, its only skin.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    definitely its not the reason to end the relation.... and that flappy skin goes away with toning.... nothing is permanent in this world
    "Toning" won't do it since excess skin tissue doesn't reduce it's volume. Surgery or acceptance are the options.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Don't u just hate when people say "I just want to tone?" :grumble:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I had a partner who didn't like my foreskin, so I just had it removed for him. Whats the big deal, its only skin.

No comment
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make her do it until she was completely at the end of her weight loss "journey". I want enough skin to tan and make a leather coat from it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make her do it until she was completely at the end of her weight loss "journey". I want enough skin to tan and make a leather coat from it.
    Buffalo Bill should have just found a nice big woman and made her go on a diet. He wouldn't have had to kill anyone and he'd stll get his lady suit!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I would hope my man would be saving his pennies for offer to help me pay for some of any skin removal surgery I might need.
    If he wants too, I would never ask of course but instead of presents for birthdays or holidays tuck the cash he would of spent on me for those things to offer towards what would make me feel good about myself most.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    No. That is very shallow.

I think somebody already said it but, If I loved you at 300 pounds....
  • elfnumber2
    elfnumber2 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    no i think that is sooo wrong! there are qualities everywhere! extra skin who gives a damn!
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When my OH and I first started dating, I was overweight but not obese. I gained a ton of weight through the years and he stuck around (see my profile for details). Now that I've lost it all and then some, he hates my extra skin. To the point that he mentions surgery to me every time he sees my flappy arms and saggy tummy. He makes comments about how unattractive it is and he pretty much wants nothing to do with me. And this is coming from a guy who himself has gained about 80 pounds in the last few years and is making no effort to do anything about it. There are some days when it tears me up inside to know how he feels about it. Then there are other days when I just say "screw it - his loss" and go out for a bike ride instead!

My BF on the other hand has no issue with it!! Kidding!! :drinker:

Why on earth would you stay with that? He sounds like a douche.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I would hope my man would be saving his pennies for offer to help me pay for some of any skin removal surgery I might need.
    If he wants too, I would never ask of course but instead of presents for birthdays or holidays tuck the cash he would of spent on me for those things to offer towards what would make me feel good about myself most.

I told you that I am stretched a little thin on cash these days. I'll get you back.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    definitely its not the reason to end the relation.... and that flappy skin goes away with toning.... nothing is permanent in this world
    "Toning" won't do it since excess skin tissue doesn't reduce it's volume. Surgery or acceptance are the options.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

the skins ability to snap back is largely determined by genetics and if you are younger rather than older. I've lost 150+ pounds and have minimal loose skin,

this is largely thanks to genetics....i'm almost 40.

I was just gonna say this (except the losing crapton of weight and looking hot part)

hi Alex_is_Hawks
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Don't u just hate when people say "I just want to tone?" :grumble:

I just want to tone...

Sorry had to do it. :tongue:
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have some extra skin and have been insecure about it, and a few of my "friends" have had no problems about it.
  • xbted
    xbted Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No. No way, no how. If my wife lost that much weight- and my real life wife couldn't lose that much without dying... I would do everything in my power to make her feel comfortable in her new body even if i had to pay for surgery. God bless those girls going though what all of us are going through!!!!
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ok. For me personally, I think it's wrong to say you will break up with someone "because" of something that many perceive as superficial like loose skin. I get the badge of honor frame of though and the True Love is blind notion. However, while this notion of "true love" might keep him there and want to be with her. What about the happiness of the two. Some people are just grossed out by some things like loose skin. That will put a damper on the romantic side of the relationship. I am one person who has an aversion to loose skin. It looks icky and looks like it will feel icky. I will need to have it removed when I get to that point of my journey unless something miraculous happens or I have some weird elasticity super-gene (i'll take either gladly lol). My outlook is NO it should not be a reason you leave someone you truly love, but it is also an issue that will have to be dealt with. If she stays in the relationship and he isn't as romantically responsive to her. Then, what. He hides how he feels, but she becomes insecure any way because things aren't the same. I agree the ulimatum is too much. I applaud his honesty though. He may not be very emotionally deep, but at least he's being upfront. Everybody has their dealbreaker. We on this website just might be a little sensitive to this one because a lot of us have this issue. *Shrug* *Ducks daggers*
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight....I have loose skin, I am ashamed of my current body. I am repulsed looking at it myself, let a lone expecting someone else to look at it, and think wow, you are really sexy!

I am not the same woman, I was at 252 lbs. I have a new attitude, new hopes, new dreams!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight....I have loose skin, I am ashamed of my current body. I am repulsed looking at it myself, let a lone expecting someone else to look at it, and think wow, you are really sexy!

I am not the same woman, I was at 252 lbs. I have a new attitude, new hopes, new dreams!

That's so sad you cant feel the joy in your body yet. Looking at your profile pics you are gorgeous your arms are absolutely amazing.
  • LennyLifts
    LennyLifts Posts: 21
    Options
    Nope not at all
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    No. If I loved her at 300 pounds why wouldn't I still love her at 175 loose skin or not?

She's the same woman so If he is repulsed by the lose skin then he should take a hard look in the mirror and decide why he was in the relationship in the first place.

1) faith in humanity restored
    2) excellent point

I love both of yall! I would hope that if I was in that situation my bf thought that. Excellent excellent point.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This is a non starter. Definitely not. Just hope they wouldn't bounce on me if I started balding lol