Options
124»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hypsibius wrote: »
    I recommend doing something like the Whole30 for a month. Eat lots of whole foods. Salmon, eggs, chicken, pork, brussels sprouts, broccoli -- then add in some quinoa and complex grains. Enjoy good salads, nuts, etc. Use lots of olive oil! Make good, delicious foods and eat until you're satiated.

You'll lose weight.

Your body isn't designed to be a calorie garbage disposal, as too many on this forum seem to suggest. Yes, counting can be helpful (I keep a rough daily count, personally -- and use the app on and off to help w/ it). But just trying to "cut calories" by eating just enough fast food to maintain a deficit -- honestly -- sounds really difficult -- it sound awful. As others have said, it'll be difficult to accurately track, you'll likely be hungry a lot and find it difficult to sustain long-term.

That's not to say that Fast Food is a never! I love a Five Guys meal or a Wendy's Crispy Chicken every month or so -- but find I'd rather use that special occasion meal for something like ribs or a meal out instead.

Anyway, good luck! That's just my advice.

You know what happens when I eat lots of whole foods, including nuts, grains, and "lots" of olive oil?

It isn't weight loss.

I know some people lose weight on Whole30, but others don't.

A weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. You can do that on Whole30, you can do it without it.

I'm talking about me personally. Yes, this is anecdotal.

If I'm on a Standard American Diet -- I'm hungry all the time, digestion is wrecked, my workouts are more difficult (or they don't happen at all) and dieting is a painful, painful chore.

When I eat whole foods and cook, I feel better -- I'm more motivated to exercise, my skin clears up, I digest food better. I lose weight with sensible portions and I eat until I'm full. It's a good feeling.

I'm sharing my experience and suggesting folks try it. The defensiveness with which some people here blast clean-eating is seriously bizarre.

So keep doing you and I will keep doing me.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Diary is not open - but if its only been 1-2 weeks, have patience.

I eat fast food alot. I don't always have time or the desire to cook. I eat Subway, McDonalds, ChickFilA, Taco Bell, Zaxbys, Panda Express, etc. I lost weight eating fast food and now I maintain my weight eating fast food.

You do have to be careful because you are relying on someone else to give you the proper amount of food. Many food items that is relatively easy - like how Subway's meat/cheese are preportioned and you can see if they are putting extra. Be careful of the oil though, that is higher cal and using 1 tsp vs 3 tsp: you can't tell by watching and its a bit of a difference.

In general though, if you're female and its been less than 4 weeks you may be retaining water right now for TOM/hormones. Give it 4-8 weeks MINIMUM.
    Bran_mob08 wrote: »
    Okay I'm being wishy washy on these discussions I apologize.

I've been logging for 2 weeks. Horrible at logging weekends.

Been working out a month and was logging on weight watchers at first. Then came here.

Diary is public now.

Sorry for being all over the place. I'm just stressing out and I think in my mind I feel like I've been doing this SO LONG when in reality its been consistent logging since Monday. I annoy myself

• 1LonelyRose
    1LonelyRose Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Are you doing heavy lifting daily? Fast foods tend to have copious amounts of sodium which can cause water retention and finally are you having daily bowel movements? These are things to consider if you are weighing and logging foods every bit of it and still see no loss. Just my humble opinion though.
  • Bran_mob08
    Bran_mob08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It really is just me not logging. I've been a lot more
    Mindful of my choices. I haven't logged on MFP in about 5 days but I am logging in my journal. It's been hectic. Thank you all for your feedback. To the negative people and the positive ❤️❤️ Now, time to go log!
  • jtomaszewski81
    jtomaszewski81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bran_mob08 wrote: »
    I LIVE on fast food. So when I started trying to lose weight, I changed what I ate. Not where I ate at.

No more condiments, fried sides, or breads. Typically sonic for breakfast (side of eggs and splurge on a piece of bacon), lunch is subway or Panera salad or Panda Express veggies and beef n broccoli. Dinner may be Wendy's taco salad, workout the chips or salsa.

Snacks are one serving of mixed nuts and a string cheese. Desserts are sugar free jello with whipped topping.

I've lost 20 lbs in about 60 days. It's my own spin on south beach..low(er) carb, healthier eating, lower calories, and greatly reduced sugar. Good luck!

Okay good so you're like me when it comes to fast food LOL.

The only condiments that I get are oil from subway and maybe a chick fil a sauce but I track it.

Maybe I'm just not giving this enough time.

Did you see a loss your first week? I have to stop weighing everyday. My weigh in is Monday and I just don't see myself losing between now and then.

Sorry for the late response! I weight everyday...it's motivation and accountability thing for me.

I saw a loss in the first week, but I'm sure it was water weight bc of the decrease in salt. Good luck! Friend me if you want to see my diary.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I recommend doing something like the Whole30 for a month. Eat lots of whole foods. Salmon, eggs, chicken, pork, brussels sprouts, broccoli -- then add in some quinoa and complex grains. Enjoy good salads, nuts, etc. Use lots of olive oil! Make good, delicious foods and eat until you're satiated.

You'll lose weight.

Your body isn't designed to be a calorie garbage disposal, as too many on this forum seem to suggest. Yes, counting can be helpful (I keep a rough daily count, personally -- and use the app on and off to help w/ it). But just trying to "cut calories" by eating just enough fast food to maintain a deficit -- honestly -- sounds really difficult -- it sound awful. As others have said, it'll be difficult to accurately track, you'll likely be hungry a lot and find it difficult to sustain long-term.

That's not to say that Fast Food is a never! I love a Five Guys meal or a Wendy's Crispy Chicken every month or so -- but find I'd rather use that special occasion meal for something like ribs or a meal out instead.

You know what happens when I eat lots of whole foods, including nuts, grains, and "lots" of olive oil?

It isn't weight loss.

A weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. You can do that on Whole30, you can do it without it.

If I'm on a Standard American Diet -- I'm hungry all the time, digestion is wrecked, my workouts are more difficult (or they don't happen at all) and dieting is a painful, painful chore.

When I eat whole foods and cook, I feel better -- I'm more motivated to exercise, my skin clears up, I digest food better. I lose weight with sensible portions and I eat until I'm full. It's a good feeling.

I'm sharing my experience and suggesting folks try it. The defensiveness with which some people here blast clean-eating is seriously bizarre.

giphy.gif
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

You'll lose weight.

It isn't weight loss.

giphy.gif

I heart Matt LeBlanc - you made my day!!