Girls who don't add guys and VV

Options
highervibes
highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
I've seen this come up quite a bit lately and I"m just wondering why or why not? It never occurred to me to not add men... I noticed some men don't add women either? I've seen reasons like "it's not a dating site, or my husband/wife wouldn't like it". i don't know about you but I"m perfectly able to keep my virtual panties on in the presense of my male friends. Am I missing something?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Some people have self esteem issues. Others don't.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I have a few women like that on my FL. They post quite a bit about their bodies, and some things are more personal - time of the month, health concerns, sex, etc. I imagine they just prefer to not share that sort of thing with men. I add both, but whatever floats your goat.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Because they are loyal to his/her gf or bf or wife or husband.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I've seen this come up quite a bit lately and I"m just wondering why or why not? It never occurred to me to not add men... I noticed some men don't add women either? I've seen reasons like "it's not a dating site, or my husband/wife wouldn't like it". i don't know about you but I"m perfectly able to keep my virtual panties on in the presense of my male friends. Am I missing something?

My male friends would probably delete me if I started wearing virtual panties.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    oh boy here we go
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

takei-lol.gif

if a relationship cant handle having the opposite sex on your FL on some dumb site, it is doomed.
  • highervibes
    Options
    oh boy here we go

Sorry, is this one of "those topics"??? I've only been here since March and I'm familiar with the Clean Eating vs IIFYM debate but not this one hehehe
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    oh boy here we go

Sorry, is this one of "those topics"??? I've only been here since March and I'm familiar with the Clean Eating vs IIFYM debate but not this one hehehe

You could say it has been hashed over a few times. But by all means carry on. :wink:
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    Maybe some people dont want friends of the opposite gender because they are still uncomfortable with their weight loss journey. When dealing with the issue of weight gain and struggles to lose it, it can become really personal and some people only want friends that are dealing with similar issues. i.e. same gender, age and weight. I know when I wanna nag about how hard it is for me as 5'3" apple shapped femal to lose weight in my midsection, the last thing I want is some 6'0" 200lb guy to make a comment when he really has no understanding with my struggle. But I add both genders and typically welcome all suggestions
  • xxghost
    Options

I cannot tell if this is sarcastic or not.

But I don't see how having male friends motivating me online would be considered cheating on my boyfriend. I mean, each relationship is different, but I'm certainly not hiding anything from my boyfriend by using MFP.

I don't have secret cybersex with all of the men on my FL.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    oh boy here we go

that was for choijanro's comment.I was too lazy to quote
  • highervibes
    Options
    Maybe some people dont want friends of the opposite gender because they are still uncomfortable with their weight loss journey. When dealing with the issue of weight gain and struggles to lose it, it can become really personal and some people only want friends that are dealing with similar issues. i.e. same gender, age and weight. I know when I wanna nag about how hard it is for me as 5'3" apple shapped femal to lose weight in my midsection, the last thing I want is some 6'0" 200lb guy to make a comment when he really has no understanding with my struggle. But I add both genders and typically welcome all suggestions

I can definitely appreciate this! I guee I'm referring to the folks that, like an above poster mentioned, "want to be loyal" to their current spouse :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

cool glasses bro
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Because we are all pervs that want to steal them away from their husbands and boyfriends? :laugh:
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    i don't know about you but I"m perfectly able to keep my virtual panties on in the presense of my male friends.

Challenge accepted!
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Whether I'm single or taken, I prefer to have an all female friend list. I'm not insecure about my body, nor do I post intimate details about myself on my page. It's just a personal choice. :smile:
  • xxghost
    Options
    Because we are all pervs that want to steal them away from their husbands and boyfriends? :laugh:

Hide your wife, hide your kids.
  • airforcewife1007
    airforcewife1007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I won't request to be friends with someone I don't personally know, but when people send me requests I usually accept them. I don't really have a rhyme or reason for it, that's just how I am. I have noticed that I get way more requests from women than from men, which is fine with me. I think I have 1 male friend lol. I don't mind either way. Support is support, whether it's coming from women or men.
  • highervibes
    Options

Hide your wife, hide your kids.

lmfao. They rapin' everybody up in here...
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    i don't know about you but I"m perfectly able to keep my virtual panties on in the presense of my male friends.

Challenge accepted!

hahaha:laugh: