Wtf is happening O_O?

Options
JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Iv been taking a diet break (and struggling with it honestly but thats a whole other topic)

Eating significantly more. Normally get in 1200-1500 and iv been eating 2200-2400 (my fitbit says i burn 2500-2700 but i dont believe it not sure why i dont just anxious to eat so much i guess-not in a overly dissordered way its just been a long time)

Needlesss to say thats a large calorie jump of nearly 1000, Which is alot for someone whose eaten 1200-1500 for a year.

Now its only been 3 days but...my weight range went down 3-5 pounds when iv been expecting a water weight gain o_O My body looks alot slimmer and "toned" (i dont have much muscle but it just looks lean and toned) suddenly and the scales down? From eating more?

Im in no way concerned or anything im just a very knowledge based person and its kind of driving me insane i cant figure out why my body reacts this way, Im fully expecting to add on water weight (still am in a few more days maybe?) But im just really curious why i lost weight, Even with so much more food in my stomach. So much food im actually having to add in chocolate and fast food just to get the calorie counts up. I struggle to eat past 1700 so this has been a weird experience for me any thoughts on why i slimmed up appreciated :p

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    Options
    iv had many whooshes but it just seems so weird after eating so much more id think even the weight of the food and the salt would hide any whooshes- not due for a whoosh either i just had one on the 14th
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    iv had many whooshes but it just seems so weird after eating so much more id think even the weight of the food and the salt would hide any whooshes- not due for a whoosh either i just had one on the 14th

not sure you can predict them.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Woah, I have never heard of this whoosh before. Very interesting information. I hope more studies are conducted on why weight loss happens the way it does.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

not sure you can predict them.

I cant predict them but iv been very consistent with a 5 pound whoosh every 1 month 2-3 days for the past 6 months so if i whoooshed again only 12 days after my last thats weird. Awesome but weird XD
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That's one of the reasons I go into maintenance often (diet break)... I usually end up not gaining or losing a pound or 2.

Lyle McDonald wrote something about this phenomenon and mentioned a study where researchers attempted to mimick rapid weight gain after a diet.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    No one can explain how YOUR body works. :) I would advise you to simply enjoy eating all those calories while you can. Maybe you should just add more each week to see how long it takes to see the scale jump. :#
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I look a lot better when my muscles are full of glycogen too. I tend to look flat when I'm cutting so that could explain the looking more toned part, confused about the loss however so no answer there
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Let's see.

You're no longer in starvation mode so your body is now using all the food so much more efficiently and is making the fat just melt off.

You new diet is composed of more protein and less carbs so you've gone into keto and are burning fat at a miraculous rate.

You've built substantial muscle over the 3 days, and we all know muscle weighs more than fat.

Your aunt has stopped putting butter in your coffee.

Your female and therefore just plain weird. I don't know what TOM is but that must be the answer. Or your pregnant.

You ate fast food. Fast means not eating. So your body couldn't absorb any calories from the fast food.

Something about how your hormones are reacting that means CICO is wrong.

Yup. That's all I got.

-You found an old bag of "OLean" potato chips and munched the whole thing
    -Your aunt put a crushed Xenacal (sp?) tablet into your coffee.
    -Your liver and kidneys performed a miraculous cleanse on your system.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Let's see.

You're no longer in starvation mode so your body is now using all the food so much more efficiently and is making the fat just melt off.

You new diet is composed of more protein and less carbs so you've gone into keto and are burning fat at a miraculous rate.

You've built substantial muscle over the 3 days, and we all know muscle weighs more than fat.

Your aunt has stopped putting butter in your coffee.

Your female and therefore just plain weird. I don't know what TOM is but that must be the answer. Or your pregnant.

You ate fast food. Fast means not eating. So your body couldn't absorb any calories from the fast food.

Something about how your hormones are reacting that means CICO is wrong.

Yup. That's all I got.

-You found an old bag of "OLean" potato chips and munched the whole thing
    -Your aunt put a crushed Xenacal (sp?) tablet into your coffee.
    -Your liver and kidneys performed a miraculous cleanse on your system.

it must be the jug of apple cider vinegar i drank!

Damn. Now I'm pissed at myself for missing that one. How could I miss the ACV.

im ashamed for you
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had a three pound whoosh when I bumped up 300 calories for a week before my powerlifting competition. Why? No clue. But I loved it. ;)

And I normally eat over 2000 calories per day. It's not like I was at 1200.