Cayenne pepper diet? Any stories?

Options
124»

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Wow....

I had a friend I worked with do that "diet"/fast....lemon, cayenne and water, ONLY.

First she got hungry.

Then she got Hangry.

Then she became outright miserable to be around.

Then she dropped some quick weight.

Then she found it all again and then some.

OP, absolutely, go for it...just don't think it will stay off once it's gone and you resume a SUSTAINABLE lifelstyle.

ETA: And don't forget to warn your friends, coworkers, loved ones, and anyone else you spend a lot of time with.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It is also possible we've all been trolled...since she posted a similar topic yesterday and hasn't responded to this one...
  • andreamossy
    andreamossy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the cayenne pepper diet? I have heard a lot about it and want to try it rather than a plain fast...but I am curious if anyone on here has had any success with it or knows somebody who has tried it? I need a fast weight loss program...

People are self-righteous eh! I did try the cayanne, lemon water a few years back. I last like 3 days and then thought I was going to die....I thinks the caffeine withdrawal that was the worst for me. I had a horrible headache that lasted until I had a cup of coffee on the third day. Anyways I didn't lose any weight, but I did quit. A friend of a friend did it before her wedding for two weeks and lost a bunch of weight but let me tell ya its hard.

I've had much more success doing it the long way, food and exercise. But I do know the feeling of wanting to lose it fast for a function or whatever.

Good Luck!
  • HarryDotter
    Options
    WHAT??? CAYENNE PEPPER DIET??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiboAJyhw0yhfP95qnAWtIQeRLnyAPAXSztpfkZwMZj39WhyEGvA
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Are you for real? Sure you'll drop weight on it. You'll be miserable, angry, and then you'll gain it all right back when you start eating again.

I took a look at your threads and girl you need a lifestyle change. Your obsession with yo-yo diets and quick fixes is the problem. You say you want to learn some self control, then learn it. These diets won't teach you that because they are TEMPORARY!

FOOD IS NOT YOUR ENEMY! I eat 2000 calories a day or more, bust my *kitten* in the gym, and I'm a very healthy size 0/2! It's all about learning how to eat for your body.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Actually the cayenne pepper diet only works if the pepper is generously sprinkled into a plate of crawfish etouffe or a bowl of chicken gumbo.
  • megn2012
    megn2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the lemonade cleanse?
    I think some people don't quite understand what this is ... You have to do it for the right reasons.
    MEANING NOT JUST FAST WEIGHT LOSS - there are tons of horror stories
    If done as a spirtual thing when already eating healthy or a solution to some additional medical problems it can be very beneficial.
    Remember it's a CLEANSE, not a DIET.

A quick and dirty rundown of what I remember:
    This is for a ten-day cycle.
    You take natural laxitatives (teas or pills) every day, drink a salt water bath in the morning, and then your diet consists of making your own lemonade. Two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and two tablespoons of grade a/b maple syrup with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and 8 oz. of water.

You're supposed to drink about 8-10 glasses of this lemonade a day. And I have to say when I did this last October, I wasn't hungry when I drank the right amount of lemonade.

Unfortunately, I was the one of those "only wanted to lose weight fast" types and didn't even read the whole instructional book.
    In the evening of Day 6, I had only had hmmm... maybe 4 glasses of lemonade and was starving. I also didn't have a lot of support for this entire process from family and friends, who had pizza and baked goods from work lying around.
    Needless to say, I broke down, because I was not cleansing properly.

The story continues though... that whole next week I felt to bad about having failed my cleanse that I ate everything and anything I came in contact with - but here's the kick - I kept taking the laxitaves. For several weeks after the cleanse was supposed to end. I made myself bulemic. I even passed out once and it didn't stop me completely... until we studied eating disorders in my psych class and I discovered my passing out was due to my heart being overworked.

I gradually worked myself off the pills and have been free for almost 5 months now.

SO MY ADVICE IS TO BE CAREFUL. It's a slippery slope, one wrong move and things can get ugly fast.
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Has this diet been endorsed by Doctor OZ? :laugh: