Replies

• Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    when pants were to big and shirt shoulders drooped and belt notch moved...
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I only had 13lbs to lose, so I'd say after 5lbs I felt better, after 10 I needed smaller jeans/capris/shorts. I had a great change to my waist and below than above my waist though. My shirts still fit fine, but my jeans fell down.
  • kmbmoutswi
    kmbmoutswi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello people..and so where are we at and how are the goals coming up? I have been reading this inspiring thread and would like to know how much more progress has been made.. feel free to add me as well. I could use some more fitness friends
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    nFoooo wrote: »
    I have only lost 5 lbs, however two weeks of going to the gym and my muscles feel firmer and my posture is better. I can feel the confidence. Being a fat person who is losing weight feels so much empowering than a fat person who doesn't like his body but is doing absolutely nothing about it.

That being said, visually I don't notice much difference yet.

Liking this a thousand times!
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I gotta start... Tomorrow lol
  • malindalamay
    malindalamay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started my third week and I am frustrated. I have only lost 5 lbs. and was hoping to lose 10 by now. I know that is probably too fast, but it is so hard to get the scale to go down!
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I noticed a change about 8-10 lbs in. There's a stark difference between losing weight and losing fat mass that I didn't pay attention to the first 40 lbs a few years ago. I just realized I spent the years in between eating at maintenance and essentially recomping. I am finally seeing my hard work as the fat finally melts away.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I noticed a change about 8-10 lbs in. There's a stark difference between losing weight and losing fat mass that I didn't pay attention to the first 40 lbs a few years ago. I just realized I spent the years in between eating at maintenance and essentially recomping. I am finally seeing my hard work as the fat finally melts away.

congrats on losing 40 pounds, thats my goal
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i went from 285 to 190. Really i started to notice it after 6-8 weeks. Then after that it was monthly. I took a bunch of progress photos and sometimes you'll feel it in your clothes but if you look at weekly progress you'll start to really notice the differences. It's subtle at first but in hindsight it's far more obvious. After 6 months i had gone from 265 to 200 and at that point the difference was night and day. If you put in some effort and just stay consistent you can make significant change in a short period of time.
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I started at 229 and now weigh 203 (26 lbs down). I feel different...less thigh rub, I don't have to move my stomach off my thighs anymore, and I'm wearing smaller clothes. But no one has noticed which confused me until I saw a recent picture. Now, despite the changes I feel, I don't think I look much different...yet.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Thankfully, I took many people's advice early on and took regular progress pictures. Boy, are some of those early ones crazy to look at now. I always suggest this to other people too because honestly I did not begin to notice a difference until my jeans started to become too big. Even now, I don't think I would truly be able to grasp the gravity of the change unless I had those pics.

Nobody at work said a thing to me until I had lost like 50 pounds. When someone finally did, it was the absolute last person I would of expected. Some of them have since admitted to me that they did indeed notice, but it is just kind of an awkward conversation to have amongst guys. Now people that have not seen me in awhile? They are visibly shocked. When I went home for Labor Day weekend to visit my family I was the focus of attention, which was a bit off putting.

3bj0ibyv0i37.jpg

Wow. Huge congrats dude! You look amazing, great job
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was a little bit out of tuned with my body as I had a lot of things going on but when I took a progress picture I was quite baffled. I have lost 33lbs and my pants finally seem a bit looser. I have just under 50lbs to go now. I suggest look at your body regularly, feel it, get intimately acquainted with it (I know what you're thinking). It will help your transition from being the overweight person to being a thin person. If you know your body, you will start to love it and you will have a better chance of noticing small differences.
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    And to add: my face seems to have changed the most. I never knew I had such incredibly high cheek bones. I'm a bit skeptical that it may be too sharp, but we'll see as I lose more weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!