Concealed Carry Ladies Pants ??

Options

Replies

• nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    DC -- but many parts are really nice, I just happen to live in a not-so-nice area
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    lsutton484 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's not about agreement, you have no idea what you're talking about
    Lol, because you're an expert on the subject? :D Thanks for posting though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Never claimed to be

You should start a thread on cardio kickboxing
    Ah. Well then, people can make up their minds or whether or not I'm a loon or not. I've attended survival training and knife defense was part of it. Trained correctly, it can be pretty devastating and you don't have to be an expert, super fit, or big either.

Can you cardio kickbox? Cause that's not what I teach.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

just curious in your training how many times were you unsuccessful?
    I was unsuccessful from the get go. That's why I chose to learn. And in that training it revolved around more realistic response. So multiple stabs to get the assailant off, then a strike to soft tissue area (neck, abdomen or groin) to finish then RUN. Now mind you I DON'T carry a knife with me nor have I. This class was just offered along with jui jitsu by the dojo.
    After this class wouldn't you rather have the ability to defend yourself at a distance?
    The class was offered so you can learn the OPTION. Of course the BEST defense is to not put yourself in a situation where you have to defend. Would I RATHER have a gun? Sure. Again, this whole debate started because I mentioned carrying a knife as an option and some went off the handle. There ARE other ways to defend against the average untrained predator besides just having a gun was my point.
    Just because you have a firearm does not mean you have to pull the trigger. Far too often people who don't carry guns just think that shooting someone would be your first choice.
    I agree. My point resonated about being attacked from behind and possibly getting grabbed and choked. From there it's seconds to make a quick decision. My POV has been that in this case, it's easier to unsheath a knife and blindly stab behind you and more than likely making decent contact (leg for instance), than it would be to unholster a gun and try to position your hand to shoot behind you blindly.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    Listen, I would never belittle the efforts of any woman who wanted to take measures to protect herself.
    I just think that, unless you are fairly experienced with being in a threatening situation, you want the thing that is easiest to use.
    Pretty hard to aim a pistol when you are shaking, let alone unsnap it from your holster that is in the back of your sports bra.

**I don't know too many people who feel comfortable carrying concealed without training.
    THIS. Personally I think a knife would be easier to use and is usually enough of a deterrent against an assailant.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Just stop posting
    Lol, why because you disagree? :D
    So an assailant holding a knife is enough to deter people to listen, but not enough for an assailant to think twice?
    Predators don't want a fight. ANY resistance or awareness that they are there, is many times enough to dissuade an attack.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So some cubicle worker is somehow going to take a knife out of his or her pocket, unfold it, hold it in a meaninful way and tell a bad guy to "back off!" ?

Okay, you might scare off the tweaker that's 20 feet away.

You might feel confident, or invincible because you have that little piece of steel, when you should be running the (kitten) away.

Or, you'll just get cut with your own knife that you clumsily fumbled and dropped while deploying - or stabbed yourself, because the other guy was already ready to do harm. The bad guy is used to getting hit/kicked/punched/stabbed. He's probably lead a life with some violence in it.

Or get dead, because you've now escalated the situation by brandishing but not being willing to use the knife.

Any method you use, you have to drill frequently. Experts I've done training with, retired law enforcement officers, train daily. If you can't deploy and use your method within seconds, well.

Lol, of course the first thought when confronted is to run/get away if possible.
    My first response to the OP was "run in safer areas, run with someone else, or be somewhere where there's lots of public around".
    However, as I mentioned a predator sneaks up on people who aren't aware. ANY WEAPON may be useless if a person is caught off guard.
    Fighting is your last resort. IMO it's easier to pull a knife out of a sheath ( if you're trained to use it) and defend yourself, than to unholster a gun, turn off the safety and try to shoot if someone snuck up and put a choke on you.

People won't agree. That's fine, but I don't believe it's any more bad advice than a holstered gun when someone gets attacked without any warning.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

TRICK question for you.

Where on a Glock is the safety that must be "turned off" prior to firing?

Fixed it for you.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    My Dad took a CC class and got his Concealed Carry Permit. Rule #1 that they taught was to remove yourself from the situation. Avoid confrontation unless you are personally at risk. CC is not for the gung ho wanna be hero types with delusions of grandeur.

To the OP, get those compression shorts. They look secure.

I don't care for the 5.11 brand of clothing. The stuff they make "sticks out" to me, like you are advertising that you carry. And that is not the idea.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You ru

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Never claimed to be

Ah. Well then, people can make up their minds or whether or not I'm a loon or not. I've attended survival training and knife defense was part of it. Trained correctly, it can be pretty devastating and you don't have to be an expert, super fit, or big either.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I was unsuccessful from the get go. That's why I chose to learn. And in that training it revolved around more realistic response. So multiple stabs to get the assailant off, then a strike to soft tissue area (neck, abdomen or groin) to finish then RUN. Now mind you I DON'T carry a knife with me nor have I. This class was just offered along with jui jitsu by the dojo.
    After this class wouldn't you rather have the ability to defend yourself at a distance?
    The class was offered so you can learn the OPTION. Of course the BEST defense is to not put yourself in a situation where you have to defend. Would I RATHER have a gun? Sure. Again, this whole debate started because I mentioned carrying a knife as an option and some went off the handle. There ARE other ways to defend against the average untrained predator besides just having a gun was my point.
    Just because you have a firearm does not mean you have to pull the trigger. Far too often people who don't carry guns just think that shooting someone would be your first choice.
    I agree. My point resonated about being attacked from behind and possibly getting grabbed and choked. From there it's seconds to make a quick decision. My POV has been that in this case, it's easier to unsheath a knife and blindly stab behind you and more than likely making decent contact (leg for instance), than it would be to unholster a gun and try to position your hand to shoot behind you blindly.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

being attacked from behind can almost be completely eliminated by situational awareness. Also who the fitten carries a fixed blade knife openly? In some areas, carrying a fixed blade concealed is a pretty serious crime.

Stabbing 'blindly backwards' is definitely a recipe for stabbing the ever living ish out of yourself. Especially in the above scenario.

I can see it now, ripping that sucker off your belt and immediately putting it through your oblique trying to get the guy behind you.

At least with a firearrm (or mace if you would) you can break free, you can fire while giving yourself distance.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    I know we got off topic a bit, but I just wanted to throw in a couple more cents regarding the carrying of knives.
    Personally, I think carrying a knife for defense is a bad idea, especially if there are other options. If you're close enough to use a knife, you're close enough for it to be taken away. I also think most people are less likely be willing to follow through with stabbing someone, than with the less-personal pulling of a trigger.
    Disagree. If a predator is on you, the same could be said about a gun. And if you're in a life or death situation, ANYONE would use anything at their disposal to save their life.
    Also, I was Army Special Forces and they don't teach knife combat for any reason other than to foster aggression and willingness to close with and destroy the enemy. If they actually wanted us to use knives, they would have issued them to us. You know what knives are primarily used for? Opening MREs (meals ready to eat).
    That was my point though. Predators who are trying to abduct someone don't usually just come up and say "hey, I'm going to take you" and stand in plain site so they CAN get shot. They search, stalk the victim, look at their surrounding and then strike when they think the victim WON'T BE READY. And that's almost in every case from behind and ends up being within arms reach.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You make sense. I can't disagree with you there. But I think you're focusing on a very specific scenario of being grabbed from behind while unaware.
    A female getting abducted for whatever purpose is usually going to be attacked from behind and unaware. That's how predator/stalkers work. They RARELY approach from the front. Many AWARENESS classes will tell you that just letting the predator you're aware they are there, that you face them and and shout at them, many times will deter them from any contact at all. Could it be embarrassing if you're wrong? Sure, but I'd rather be embarrassed than attacked.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • nevadavis1
    Options

Shooting someone would never be my first choice; getting away would be my first choice. And I can't carry here anyway, so it's moot for me. BUT my training was that the gun shouldn't come out unless you're firing it. The point and threaten gives the person too much opportunity to take it from you.

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I know we got off topic a bit, but I just wanted to throw in a couple more cents regarding the carrying of knives.
    Personally, I think carrying a knife for defense is a bad idea, especially if there are other options. If you're close enough to use a knife, you're close enough for it to be taken away. I also think most people are less likely be willing to follow through with stabbing someone, than with the less-personal pulling of a trigger.
    Disagree. If a predator is on you, the same could be said about a gun. And if you're in a life or death situation, ANYONE would use anything at their disposal to save their life.
    Also, I was Army Special Forces and they don't teach knife combat for any reason other than to foster aggression and willingness to close with and destroy the enemy. If they actually wanted us to use knives, they would have issued them to us. You know what knives are primarily used for? Opening MREs (meals ready to eat).
    That was my point though. Predators who are trying to abduct someone don't usually just come up and say "hey, I'm going to take you" and stand in plain site so they CAN get shot. They search, stalk the victim, look at their surrounding and then strike when they think the victim WON'T BE READY. And that's almost in every case from behind and ends up being within arms reach.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You make sense. I can't disagree with you there. But I think you're focusing on a very specific scenario of being grabbed from behind while unaware.
    A female getting abducted for whatever purpose is usually going to be attacked from behind and unaware. That's how predator/stalkers work. They RARELY approach from the front. Many AWARENESS classes will tell you that just letting the predator you're aware they are there, that you face them and and shout at them, many times will deter them from any contact at all. Could it be embarrassing if you're wrong? Sure, but I'd rather be embarrassed than attacked.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I agree with you again. But the fear of being abducted isn't the only reason to carry, is what I'm saying. For any gender.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »

Shooting someone would never be my first choice; getting away would be my first choice. And I can't carry here anyway, so it's moot for me. BUT my training was that the gun shouldn't come out unless you're firing it. The point and threaten gives the person too much opportunity to take it from you.

I was told the same thing in my most recent training (which was put on by two retired law enforcement officers.) In many scenarios, the bad guy is too close to be warned. A common drill is to hip fire two shots, retreat while bringing up to aim, and evaluate.

Brandishing to stop a threat would only be for very specific circumstances where there's some distance, and you think the bad guy will leave -- Such as intervening when someone else's life is in danger (which is a big tricky subject itself.)
  • nevadavis1
    Options

Or they ask you for help or directions---this has happened to me so many times "I'm lost, can you just get in the car and help me find ____" "I've lost my dog" "there's a hurt cat" or once "God sent me here at this moment for a reason, we're supposed to be together, you're an angel" and so on and so on...
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Never claimed to be

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I carry a knife every day of my life and absolutely everywhere I a legally allowed to. I've used my knife a lot in just about any situation imaginable short of self defense but I know there is every bit as much trouble pulling the knife from my pocket, flipping it open, and then stabbing it behind me with enough momentum behind it to do damage. I carry a relatively easy to open knife with a thumb stud to flip it open but some of my knives require a second hand to open. My personal opinion is this would require absolutely as much fine motor skill under duress as doing the same with a firearm. I'm no expert and I didn't even stay in a holiday inn express last night but its something to be considered.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I would carry if let us do so in Canada. Our government would rather see us become victims than to defend ourselves. They tell us to leave the defending to the police & it's unfair to the predator to be stopped before he commits the offence. This type of logic is just plain stupid. Problem with that is the LEO's show up well after the crime has been committed. :(
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Me too!

It's the smell of burnt propellant in the air that makes the magic happen.

The smell of hoppes #9 does it for me!

Yes! Nothing else gets me going!

• alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So those who are sharing their opinions on how "wild" this is. Would you rather she be harmed, raped or murdered simply because she is exercising and some jerk/madman wants to harm her or have her defend herself and he end up in the morgue? Just saying!

Nah, it's just that although some statistics are a little fuzzy, she's probably much more likely to hurt herself, hit someone close to her, or let the weapon fall into the hands of a child than to prevent rape or murder by carrying. But someone said it above-- mace isn't "cool." And look at all the posters who think OP is cool for posting this. Shrug.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    That said I'm perplexed by friends who live in states with different laws and won't leave home unarmed... I'm like "look at the crime rates where I live, and you have like no crime but you still carry?"

Studies have suggested a causal link between that behavior and reduced crime.

There are reasons beyond economics for the lower crime rate in Alexandria/Arlington vs Anacostia
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Those statistical claims have been well and thoroughly debunked.

Grin. I know better than to get into a statistics fight with a 2A/gun person. America's known for "fake news" for a reason. But the thing that comes through here is how terrified gun people are of their daily lives... "seconds to be victimized or killed..." "rape, murder, and assault..."

I just don't get it. I grew up in rural Alaska and now I live in West Oakland, two places where you might assume a person would want to carry a gun. I know how to use a rifle, but not a handgun. I would never carry, not hiking, not in rural Alaska, and certainly not on the street. I walk several miles per day to and from work through urban Oakland and I'm never afraid for my life.

This isn't an opinion thread, so I'll bow out. The compression shorts posted by others look like the safest option for carrying a machine in your pants that is made to kill people. :smiley:
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hey OP - thanks for posting.

I have my CC permit, but rarely every carry because I can't find a good way to carry. I have an M&P 9 Shield. I don't like to carry in my purse, because if I have to open it to get out my wallet, phone, etc. I don't like to "advertise" it is there. I also don't feel like I could easily access it from my purse, if needed.

So, I appreciate all the suggestions. :)