Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What is more important to you, true love or good sex?

Options

Replies

• Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    True love doesn't guarantee good sex or any sex for that matter. #livingit

Preach!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

This
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    _twisted_ wrote: »
    True love by far, however that's proving to be very difficult to find and even harder to hang on to.

If it's really true love (and not just infatuation or some romantic ideal gone awry) and both people want it and both act accordingly, it's not hard to hang onto at all. It's not work and it's not a chore. Love makes life easier and more fun, not harder. At least that's been my experience...Don't give up! <3
  • jenilla1
    Options

Is that really true love, though, if such a key part of the relationship is missing, or is it really just a close friendship?
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    True love

Great sex is great for a while then it's over. True love makes you feel wonderful all the time.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Is that really true love, though, if such a key part of the relationship is missing, or is it really just a close friendship?

Are you serious? A lot of women don't really enjoy penetration and a lot of men have no clue how to effectively pleasure a woman otherwise. True love is about so much more than just sex. Your comment honestly surprised me.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Sex is definitely a key part in true love! True love is work for both people while sex is just wham bam thank you mamm bye bye.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »

Are you serious? A lot of women don't really enjoy penetration and a lot of men have no clue how to effectively pleasure a woman otherwise. True love is about so much more than just sex. Your comment honestly surprised me.

Wait, what? This is surprising?

Of course true love is about more than just sex. But for some of us, sex is one key ingredient in the mix. Why would it be surprising that some people feel sex is an important part of their love relationship? :| Sexual intimacy is not solely defined by "penetration," and lovers with "no clue" can learn and improve if they really care.

Sure, if both partners are cool without sex or with unsatisfactory sex in the relationship, then there's no problem. But the comments I was reading made it sound like people were lamenting a lack of sex. So...if one partner is not getting the physical aspect (and if that physical aspect happens to be important to that person) is it really a perfect love match?

Maybe I'm not typical and my husband is not typical. Maybe the fact that we are each other's best friends AND we also both enjoy one another sexually (and have now for 15+ years) is some kind of a freak thing. I thought it was pretty normal for "true love" type scenarios to have both emotional and physical intimacy. Perhaps not...? Now I'm the one who's surprised. :o
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I would have to say true love is more important for me. Good Sex? Hell, any sex at all is good at this point. LOL
    Wife, 2 kids, busy schedules that don't sync well. We're happy to be able to go to the bathroom in peace & quiet without one of the kids knocking on the door or hollering for us, much less finding time for frisky business when we aren't tired. I didn't marry her for sex, I married her because of love. Sex is a happy benefit when we get around to it. If I had those two ideals the other way around, life would be a miserable crap fest & I would be setting my marriage up for failure.
    Can't really speak for someone that is single on the matter though(or for anyone else at all). But, someone in that situation could be miserable waiting & looking for true love too. Been there and done that too.
  • mrarmaan
    mrarmaan Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Whaaaatttt
    I dont know m just a kid
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Of course true love is about more than just sex. But for some of us, sex is one key ingredient in the mix. Why would it be surprising that some people feel sex is an important part of their love relationship? :| Sexual intimacy is not solely defined by "penetration," and lovers with "no clue" can learn and improve if they really care.

Sure, if both partners are cool without sex or with unsatisfactory sex in the relationship, then there's no problem. But the comments I was reading made it sound like people were lamenting a lack of sex. So...if one partner is not getting the physical aspect (and if that physical aspect happens to be important to that person) is it really a perfect love match?

Maybe I'm not typical and my husband is not typical. Maybe the fact that we are each other's best friends AND we also both enjoy one another sexually (and have now for 15+ years) is some kind of a freak thing. I thought it was pretty normal for "true love" type scenarios to have both emotional and physical intimacy. Perhaps not...? Now I'm the one who's surprised. :o

It's great to hear of true love stories! I've been with my so for 6 years now and we still shower each other with kisses and hugs when the other gets home. We have sex, but do I truly enjoy it? Only because I know it makes him happy and for the cuddles afterwards. With other words, I could do without. Expressing your love to each other can be in the smallest of things and saying that a relationship without sex would be just a good friendship is a couple of bridges too far for someone like me. That's what hit me in that comment. Of course sex can be a very important part!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    Sex can be a barometer for the relationship...if there are, for example, unresolved, or unresolvable issues in the relationship, the sexual aspect can suffer or whither away...leaving a union that may or may not survive the unresolved issues....
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    True love because I know how it feels not to be loved and with that comes with rejection. I think everyone can have great sex in love or not but for me, if I don't have that emotional connection, sex won't be enjoyable.
  • jenilla1
    Options

It's great to hear of true love stories! I've been with my so for 6 years now and we still shower each other with kisses and hugs when the other gets home. We have sex, but do I truly enjoy it? Only because I know it makes him happy and for the cuddles afterwards. With other words, I could do without. Expressing your love to each other can be in the smallest of things and saying that a relationship without sex would be just a good friendship is a couple of bridges too far for someone like me. That's what hit me in that comment. Of course sex can be a very important part!

OK, then we do agree! (We don't have to have the same preferences and experiences.) Sexual intimacy (in whatever form it takes) is a gift you give your partner out of love for him. And in return, you receive the kind of affection you desire as well. That sounds like true love to me. :D Making your partner happy should increase your happiness as well - and it goes both ways, of course! Even if it's not your favorite thing (some of us like it and some of us don't), any sexual interaction that facilitates happiness and strengthens the love bond is good sex, IMO. <3