• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Holy Smokes, Pip. You are my hero.
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Lol Dana. Glad Leigh and Janet caught this. I'm not quitting, I am quilting. I get way too much encouragement from this group to quit.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Janet Thanks for the link for strength training. I have some 5 & 10 lb weights out in the garage.

Lanette I'll be sure to tell the flight attendant when I board to seat me in the cockpit!!
    Maybe a cat took off with the mouse and the trap. Could it be outside? Or maybe it was a big rat and he just left town!

ToniTN I'm leaving for Cheyenne Thursday morning. I have to drive from Hot Springs to Little Rock about 1 hr., layover in Dallas, then in to Denver. Then driving to Cheyenne in a rental car, an hour. It will be a full day.
    I plan to have fun with DD#1 and her family. I haven't seen her in 3 years. Just chatting and FaceTime. I don't know what she has planned. I hope not a lot of shopping!!

Although I may attend a funeral while I'm up there. My 3 kids' grandmother passed away this morning. (DD#1's grandma lived in Denver) She was almost 88 and a sweet darling woman. She loved our Lord and loved helping people. I think she raised half if her grandkids!
    She had 6 kids and raised her sisters two after she was killed. She also had 6 patients who lived at their residence.
    She was a busy woman and I can hear her laugh!! If she saw my sister, she would say "Here comes trouble!" She was right! I love her!
    RIP Barbara Marie Banks

I'm sorry if I didn't reply to you all?
    Someone asked about geodes. Yes! I have a few!
    Good night,
    Dana in Arkansas
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Having a hard day today - two young dads and their sons (Shane and 14 year old Dylan and Connor and 6 year old Liam) were in a boating accident yesterday and all lost their lives. The whole city is grieving. Such a shock. Shane was a successful business man and Connor worked for the local utilities company. Shane leaves behind his wife and one older son (about 18) and Connor leaves his wife and 4 year old daughter.

Plus my daughters friends were in a truck accident. The driver's wife and brother were both thrown from the truck. They were rushed to hospital by air ambulance, but the prognosis does not look good for either of them. Thank God the three children were buckled in the back seat and all escaped with minor injuries.

Hugs everyone. Take care.

Paula Y.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri: WTG on exercise. You were definitely moving more! :smiley:

Sara: Welcome to a great group! Tell us about yourself. :star:

Lanette: Doctor's appt went well. DH's MS is stable and hasn't worsened. YAY!!!! Thanks for asking. My DDIL and I share a Costco Account. It works out just fine for us, although I don't know whether she uses it since their move to the DC area. :flowerforyou:

Michele in NC: Thanks for your good wishes for my eyes. The left still aches constantly & I'm waiting for a new lens. It doesn't see as well as it should & causes headaches due to a mistake in the prescription. It is hard to wait for the new lens. The right eye is fine. :ohwelll:

Barbie: I'm sorry to hear that the wind blew a bunch of new needles and such back onto your roof right after you had it cleaned off. Not fair! :grumble:

Dana in AR: I'm sorry for the loss of your kid's grandmother. I hope you enjoy your trip to Cheyenne. :flowerforyou:

DH had a checkup with his MS doctor and he's doing well. He hasn't lost any mobility, flexibility or strength since his last visit. YAY!!!!!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Paula Y - so sorry for your sad news. Praying for you and the families and loved ones. Such a tragedy for all involved. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,236 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm up early - couldn't stay asleep. We had a phone call yesterday from our real estate agent to say that the local buyers had upped their offer. That means we have two decent offers now. However, neither of them have sold their houses, or have offers, so it's not that much different from before. DH told her that he would give it some consideration if and when they sold their house. I wasn't party to the conversation, but I thought that sounded reasonable. Now I find myself getting very agitated again - hence the waking up early.
    I was really enjoying the idea of staying here and doing small projects on the house. I've just had a large self watering pot delivered (which I wouldn't have bought) and my head was getting round enjoying Brighton as a regular visitor. I've told all my friends I'm staying put for now. :o
    I think I'm going to have to tell DH that I really don't want to move at the moment. We will have to pay out a forfeit to the agent, but that's life. I'm not good with uncertainty and this has gone on long enough.

Sorry for moaning on, but it's good sometimes to think on the page. Love you guys. <3

Rabbit stew tonight. I bought some of those fabulous baby purple turnips to go with it. Reminds me of France.
    I will have a low alcohol cider to go with it. I cook it in cider, but DH can have the remainder of the real cider. :D

Paula Y - So sad when tragedy comes so near to us. It does make me want to live my life to the full.

I went for my mammogram yesterday. DH drove me there - 30 minutes each way. :grumble: Of course they had lost my appointment so I said I wasn't coming back another time. :# They did fit me in. :) I am 10 years since my cancer diagnosis and feel a bit that I am on borrowed time. So far I have been clear, but the mammogram sets up anxiety. My friend got hers back after ten years.
    All the more reason to love life and make the most of it. B):D<3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Still trying to catch you all. Rode Sugar this past weekend , had a camp fire, etc.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,715 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    long and busy day yesterday.. and woke up early today..
    I have put a call into another attorney~ didn't get good vibes from the first one..
    Also was looking at our joint account online yesterday morning,you remember I stayed with Faith Mother's day weekend.. so I see a charge for DSW (shoe store)in Plainville... which is out of the way from here.. Tom had his phone turned off that afternoon, and gee if the so called girlfriend doesnt live in the next town over from there..
    He isn't fooling me and I am not bringing it up to him, it will all be written down and the more he screws up the more I will take..
    I am taking my dad up to the cottage this weekend ,Sean Jean Faith and Buddy will be up there also.. so a nice weekend cold but nice, and the beach is a walk away...not going to drive up friday night as the traffic would be a nightmare, but leaving at 5 am , talked to dad yesterday and he said I dont care if you come get me at 3 am lol.. so I have a nice weekend to look forward to ..
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all,

The warehouse buyer candidate couldn't get any cooperation from the city for rezoning the place to combined commercial/residential, they told him they wouldn't even consider it, so that sale's off the table. We get around the zoning by living in a camper trailer out back, ostensibly as security for the warehouse, which we are, so it doesn't worry us. However, he wants to build a little place for his elderly mother, and I wouldn't want to put mine in a trailer, so can't blame him much. He's now looking outside the city limits for a similar place, but without restrictions. Oh well.

Our bid for the Big Giant House did get into the HUD system on time, thanks to extraordinary effort on the part of my real estate agent and the listing agent, but we have no idea (nor do they) when the decision will be made, or if the bid will be rejected. Not sweating it--we kind of win either way, so trying not to think about it. Not getting it would mean a whole lot less work and expense, for sure. As my husband noted, there's a fair chance the listing agent told all her friends they could get a lot of house cheap by outbidding us a tiny amount, and there were still 24 hours after they got our bid in to get other ones put through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It is what it is.

Busy day ahead - meetings in town again, but I finally feel as if I have a good mental handle on all the current grants I'm working with. Unfortunately, more than a half dozen need final reports written in June, so June will be busy for me. Luckily, most aren't presented in person, but I'll be doing a lot of research to find out how previous ones have been written.

I finally got myself to work out on Monday. It's a minor triumph, in the middle of gearing into a new job. Oddly enough, the cases of Girl Scout cookies are helpful with keeping me from buying any sweet junk food, as I tell myself they're there when I'm out shopping. Easy to ignore them while I'm home. Speaking of which, I need to put a few of those in a bag to take with me to donor meetings today.

Love y'all,
    Off to the races again
    Lisa in West Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Heather I have spent so so many years in the real estate merry go round, the ups and downs and waiting---ugh!

Allie. You are keeping those ducks quacking all in neat little rows!

Katla thanks for the thoughts, I don't like feeling like I'm whining every day but......still itchy, but tummy getting back to normal. One week gluten free and what to show for it? My joints hurt less, especially my wrists so hooray!! I will see how one more week goes adding no dairy and no eggs to list of restricted food. Logging on mfp has given me plenty of practice in tracking and planning choices . I did have Hives recently after a round of antibiotics, but don't know if it's related. I will have to see a doctor in a few more weeks promise

Been spending time practicing driving with DD behind the wheel, she's gaining confidence! Sorry for long post, good day everyone. NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,564 Member
    Options
    morning peeps- 3:35am - showered and getting ready to walk to the bus station. Kirby is off today, offered to drive me to the airport. we are going to walk to the bus station w/yogi instead so he can have someone to walk home with
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,236 Member
    Options
    Cleaner didn't turn up this morning. After an hour I rang the company and they had texted my HOME phone at 8 am to say she was sick. Duh! :| They have just brought round a substitute who is busying herself right now. I will send her into the living room after lunch, because we usually eat lunch in there, watching daytime tv. (ooh the shame. :D )
    I didn't quite waste the morning, though I didn't get any writing done, as I transferred some photos to my laptop, put them the right way up :D and printed out a savings interest summary for my tax. I don't actually pay tax as I don't have enough income, but I do have to make an annual return. I hate it these days that they don't send printed statements. With my rubbish, steam age laptop and sloooow printer it takes ages to do a simple print out. I usually ask for printed copies by snail mail from everyone.

This afternoon I am making rabbit stew and transplanting the fuchsia. Also opening the package with the self watering pot in it. When it's all filled with lovely plants I will post a pic. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps- 3:35am - showered and getting ready to walk to the bus station. Kirby is off today, offered to drive me to the airport. we are going to walk to the bus station w/yogi instead so he can have someone to walk home with

Pip you are my hero, as usual. Hope you have a good visit with your Mom and family and great weather.

Janetr okc
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Speaking of wedding cakes, I recently spent some time drooling over Maggie Austin's works of art.

Here in the Washington Post

and here her book on Amazon

Some of those babies go for 10,000 USD! I can't imagine spending that much time or money on a mere cake, but they sure are pretty!

t118003.gif /Penny, not eating any cake at the North Pole

• janetr7476
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Penny, Wow the cakes are works of art, they are gorgeous. I'd hate to cut into any of them. I watch some of the baking shows on TV and they blow me away. I'm so untalented, I bake bundt cakes so I don't have to put icing on them. Actually I do very little baking any more. Love the pictures.

Janetr okc
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B) Waiting for the sun to come out again!
  • pipcd34
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks janetr
  • pipcd34
    Options
    082vd6tsncz1.jpg