WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
2uawqczwcq8k.jpg5bi30zfepz2o.jpgag82zh3vz3x2.png

:) The road to good health, fitness, and longevity is a journey, not a destination. Because it's a long journey, I don't want to go alone. Please join me so we can call encouragement to each other and be supportive along the way.

If you made goals or resolutions for April, how did you do?
Tell us about any goals or resolutions you've made for May.

Be sure to bookmark this thread so you can find us again. Also sign your post with a name and location so we know each other better.

:) Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

April Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
* plank three times a week (too hard on my back, I'll try again in July)
*meditate daily (yes, but not as long as I would like)
*log food and exercise daily (I think I missed one day)
*putter in the yard twice a week (yes)

May Resolutions:
*putter in the yard twice a week
*meditate daily
*learn the dances for the county fair performance
*keep doing all the things that have been working

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    :heart:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,067 Member
    <3B)<3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Thank Barbie :)

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did 45 minutes of Cindy Witmarsh Ultra Fat Burn Workout DVD. I'm trying varying the time (I usually exercise for an hour) and the intensity. I didn't use as heavy a weight as I normally would. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of 10 Minute Solution Quick Tummy Toner DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class. After exercising, I need to stop and get Loki's med.

Put Wet & Forget on this area by the garbage cans that had mold. I was very surprised that only a few hours later it was gone. Cleaned the water line in the spa (this happens over the winter) and made the supreme sacrifice of getting into the spa to clean it. Then cleaned the wall between the spa and the pool.

Nancy in AZ - what a lovely family you have! Thanks for sharing with us

Lenora - boy, are we ever glad you weren't named Autamia. What a different name!

pip - you and your friend look so nice together

Leigh - congrats on reaching the 50 lb loss and your great NSV

Jill - welcome

Re - glad you ate your veggies. Vince says that he sometime think I'm going vegetarian. Not that I am, I just like my veggies (and fruit)

Heather - what is AF? I'm sure I know, it just didn't immediately come to me.

I really wish Vince would get to changing this cabinet out on the porch. We got a new one at the Salvation Army since we don't need such a large one (since Charter went digital he can't watch NASCAR on the porch). Yesterday he wanted to do it in the daylight. I'll help him but I really want to go out in the sun so I'm waiting for him. I want to get it done today because garbage goes out tomorrow and we may be able to put it out.

Karen in VA - yup, the litter box cake is gross looking. I made one for Denise for her birthday last year. Since it's pretty big, I told her to take it to her school. She wanted to buy one of those cookie cakes at WalMart. I thought that middle schoolers would find a gross cake cool. But I knew in the end that she'd do what she wanted. I mentioned the scat mat to Vince. Now he said "how do we keep the bugs out of the house"? Really????? Get a piece of screen, since it isn't permanent we can probably use thumb tacks to put it up. How difficult can that be? I'm not sure why he's procrastinating so.

Yesterday I tripped on the step going into the house. My toe is hurting a bit. It was much worse yesterday. I couldn't do a proper burpee today but I'm getting there. Hopefully, I can do a proper lunge tomorrow. And if not, I'll just modify

LZ - you joined by posting! We're happy to have ya, too

Mary - welcome to a great group

Denise called today asking Jess if she wanted to go bridesmaid dress shopping tomorrow. Jess told her that she (Jess) really didn't have the gas money. I offered to go up to VA then we can go to PA, use my car so she wouldn't have to worry about the gas. My bet is that she won't go. Then she told Denise that she had to see about an experiment that they were doing. My bet is that she doesn't go. Which is fine by me. Then Denise said that she and Pete were going to stop at the reception place to give them more money. I truly think that his mother is paying for this reception. If they had this much money, they wouldn't be still living in that small apartment. His mother is very materialistic and wants things her way. This is her way of getting it her way. We purposely gave Denise the money so that she could have her wedding HER way, but now I'm betting it's going to be Pete's mother's way. She said she found a dress that would be perfect for her shower. To my knowledge nothing has been done about it. It wouldn't surprise me if Pete's mother is going to pay for it, too.

dana - natch you use a new box and scoop on the litter box cake. Personally I think the "turds" are neat. Wish I could think of a way to make it look like the cat peed in the box, but whatever I put in there soaks into the cake.

Well, Vince FINALLY decided to go one the porch and change out the cabinets. Why did it take him so long????

Say, does anyone know of a way to get rid of carpenter bees. Also, we have wasps that burrow in the cracks of one of the retaining walls (the one closest to the pool) Vince read that spraying peppermint oil keeps them away, but we don't know for how long. He did spray some today.

Becca - how do you make your sweet potato fries? I'm sure they're not deep fried. I don't seem to ever be able to get mine crispy enough

Karen in VA - I think I'm in love. What beautiful eyes and that mouth. Those cheeks just scream "squeeze me". Give her lots and lots of kisses and hugs from me.

Welcome everyone new!

Michele in NC

For my sweet potato fries, they were more rounds than fries. I just put the oven on 380' cut them pretty thin, drizzled our thick pizza pan with vegetable oil, then put in pan, drizzled more vegetable oil on, and baked them. I have a small plastic bottle and I poked some holes (with a corn on the cob holder), on the plastic lid. Then I fashioned a folded paper towel around the veg oil bottle with a rubber band because it catches any drips! DIY queen that's me! So I checked on the rounds every couple minutes, until light brown. Then I sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and sugar!
    Becca
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Lanette No, I don't travel a lot for my job, this is special meetings with other Chambers of Commerce in the province and the AGM. Only have to do this once a year.
    Off to bed.
    Hugs to everyone.
    Paula Y
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Oops posted in April so here again

KAREN loved pic of Olivia baby smiles make me feel so good. Thanks for coat compliment

BARBIE thanks for link and can you tell me how you produce the link

Kate UK