• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate UK: I love the goat. :smiley:

Penny: I've heard of self-flagellating. I don't think it is particularly helpful and I recommend that you skip the whip. This whole process works because we are deliberately good to ourselves and purposely make healthy choices. That said, I have work to do, too. :embarassed:

Lisa: Congratulations on your new job! I hope it turns out to be both interesting and fulfilling. :star::flowerforyou:

Rori: You are an absolutely amazing woman! I'm proud to know you. :heart: :heart: :heart:

MeredithDeV: Congratulations on your success! WTG!!!

I am feeling sorry for myself because I have to miss all my yoga classes this week due to eye doctor appointments. DH had one yesterday, I have one tomorrow, and he has another on Friday. :grumble: Feeling sorry for myself has never lead to a good outcome that I can remember, so I need to create a better attitude. This is not an easy task but it is necessary. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Rori 1317309lsk5aj07xu.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr on the bosu. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

Kim - you and Rori will have so much fun. She's such a great person

Lisa - how wonderful that the Girl Scouts picked you. Rori sure knew what she was doing when she recommended you. I'm so happy things worked out so well for you.

Meredith DeVo - you're in a great state of mind right now. So proud of you

Michele in NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Patceoh wrote on the April thread about trouble with her eye. Hope she is ok. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Mayday! Mayday!

Thank you Barbie for getting us set up. <3

I had pretty hefty goals for April, and other than walking average of 8,000 steps per day, failed in many of them.
    So, to be more realistic:
    • Walk an average of 8,000 steps per day. Hopefully more!
    • Keep logging!
    • Eat my calories each day – I think part of my downfall was going too low, getting hungry after supper then going way overboard. Haven’t been eating my exercise calories but might be a good idea if I’ve had a lot of exercise.
    • Keep more healthy snacks around: avocado, cheese, apples…. Things I’m not so tempted to overdo.
    • Keep the sugar intake low.

How many of you take a multi-vitamin and if so, why – doctor or other professional recommended? Because you thought you needed it? If you do take one, do you think it helps?

I got a free sample of Irwin’s gel multi vitamins for women at the health food store, it’s packed with all kinds of good things. Supposed to take three per day. Well, since I eat a pretty good diet with lots of fruits, veggies, beans and all kinds of nuts, I think I get a lot of the trace vitamins despite the fact that many soils are depleted.

Anyhow, I liked the vitamin just fine. I know Weight Watchers recommends taking one.

So the plan is.... I’ll take one with supper in addition to my 5000 of D3. I’ve started to take kelp also for the iodine since I don’t eat a lot of ocean seafood and I’ve switched to Himalayan pink salt instead of Morton’s iodized.

Scotch eggs…has anyone ever made them? I saw a recipe in “That Sugar Book” and they look good – basically peeled hardboiled eggs coated with ground sausage and baked. I was wondering what the best type of sausage would be – pork sausage at the store is generally coarse ground plus I don’t like the flavor of a lot of pork. Chicken might be good though.

Everyone have a wonderful week!! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State where the weatherman is predicting 81 on Wednesday! B)

Lanette, my grandfather used to make the BEST pork sausage...he would grind the pork and add the sage and other spices and it was delicious! I wonder if you looked up some sausage recipes you could make your own chicken or other sausage exactly to your liking...of course you could start with already ground meat so it would be relatively simple...

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Yvonne I miss my mother too. It's been 16 years and I miss her every day...
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    KarenVA I never heard the E. coli thought process before! Great way to think about it.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Karen I do remember you mentioning that trick and it did cross my mind. And here I am today, not going into that staff room again, and don't miss it. Had my delightful salad with roasted brussel sprouts on top and I am stuffed. I am getting serious this month of May!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Welcome Anya! One of the most important lessons we have to learn is how to create healthy boundaries. I am in the process of developing some with a group of friends. It is a process, to be sure, but essential for our mental and physical health. You will get lots of support here. :)

I did have an alcoholic drink tonight as I've been very uncomfortable all day with my arm. But I'm sticking with the one, which is an NSV for me. :D So writing up 2 units for tonight. (50 mls Pastis) I want to achieve no more than 14 units per week, which is the government recommended maximum. It is really helping to have my chart. No cheating! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Lisa Congratulatons on your new job! We have a lot in common; I was the production editor for the Free Press in Kyle, TX, for 5 years. I loved that job; I looked forward to do layout and design and it was such a rush to get ready for press time!! My DH husband coaxed me to find a state job because the paper didn't have benefits. It was good but I left all my friends behind.
    I worked for TxDOT and then Texas Parks and Wildlife at the HQs in Austin. They both have their missions to serve the public. TPWD was probably the best job ever! Parties and sporting events outside; it was so much fun I hated to retire.
    Now we live in Arkansas!

Karen food at work: There was actually a lot of healthy food to pick from but I stayed away from anything you had to serve up with your hands, like chips, cookies.

I'm sitting on the deck and I hear a bird I never heard before. It sounds like a large bird. It sounds like those raptors in the movie Jurassic Park!!

We just finished picking up branches from the storm and the logs Dolly carries off to chew on! That's why the deck looks like a mess all the time. A pile of mulch when she gets done! I pulled some weeds too, so I guess I'll have gardening listed today as exercise!

Dolly and Lake Hamilton muddy from the storm. I was surprised how much debris were around the shoreline and boat docks!
    2bch8p47dppx.jpg
    7jvj0lxpsuge.jpg
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Wish there was a way to hit the "awesome" button ten times for Lisa and Rori, but this will have to do..... <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Kim, enjoy your time with Rori!

Lanette
    SW WA State

Well, if you hit it twice, the second cancels out the first. Don't ask me how I know.

Luckily, the third hit brings it back. LOL.

Congrats to Lisa and thanks to Rori.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

My plans for the day have been turned upside down. We are supposed to be on the road driving to Nashville today (a 12 hour drive or 2 day trip) to pick up our son from college. Instead, we are sitting in a service garage waiting for diagnostics on our truck that only made it 20 miles down the road this morning. So, I've been cancelling reservations and looking into rental vehicles if needed. Not to mention, our son's vehicle in Nashville may need towed back to Buffalo so the rental needs to be able to tow as well! Son's vehicle is in a service garage with an estimated 1300.00 in repairs so far ... Oh it's raining here alright! :D

Lisa and Rori ...wonderful!

Beth near Buffalo

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA ... I've used a similar "weird trick" in the past as well ... I work as a housekeeper at our church and I'm here to tell you that the paper towels NEVER need replaced in the men's room ... so what does that tell ya? I don't eat at the potlucks that's for sure....
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel a bit like Dirty Harry- "Go ahead, make my day!" It becomes a showdown between me and the kids. (Doesn't Dirty Harry always win?)