Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So I have been researching fiber items, for my son. Gradual changes, working up to a normal consumption of 25-30 grams a day. Tomorrow I plan on buying Wheat Chex cereal, because he likes that. It has 7 grams of fiber. A couple of times a week I will see that he takes a pb&j sandwich on wheat bread. That is 5 grams of fiber. I am going to buy some peanuts and almonds (1 cup each) and some M & M's. It will make enough for 3 servings giving him 10 grams of fiber. Then a couple of salads a week, plus a couple of bananas, he should be more happy.

Sadly he thought he was really I'll and needed to get to a doctor. The fact that he could go s couple of times a day, meant that he wasn't constipated. The fact that he saw blood is concerning, but hr wasn't giving his body time to relax. He has an appointment with my primary doctor, because his last appointment was when he was 16, and he has outgrown his pediatric doctor! As a new patient, the earliest I could get him to be seen is this Friday. If we pay attention to what he is eating, then it might just be a new patient well appointment.

Becca
    Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    M
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie for the new start.
    Worked hard getting my plants put of the garage and on the patio. Hope it stays warm tonight.
    My May goals are to log my food. Walk every day.
    My eyes are closing.
    SueBDew in TX
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy May everyone! I had a nice weekend but still find I am struggling. DD#2 is struggling too. she finally went to the dr. who gave her an anti-depressant and insisted she go to counseling. Now she has finally agreed to go. I guess mother's advice isn't good enough lol. We had a bit over 4" of rain from yesterday through today. I have made no new goals for the month, but need to really get back to it. I washed my new fitbit so this one is not working either. DAMN it why do I keep doing that? DH is going to let me have his for now. OK have a nice evening. Meg from soggy Omaha
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    KYKAREN – My BF and I used to climb up in the cherry tree on the corner on the Church grounds and eat them until we almost we sick. Then, we decided to make a cherry pie for our boyfriends (they were 1st cousins). Beautiful pie! Crust was just right … BUT, we did not ‘pit’ the cherries! LOL!!!!! We were in the 6th and 7th grade. We also decided to make some peanut brittle; but, the more we stirred it, the stickier it got. So we poured it out in the middle of the side street and watched cars ride over (what looked like a big pile of vomit) and it really was like taffy in a pulling machine. We threw the pot and spoon away. Of course, it was a pot and spoon that my Mother used ‘daily’. Did we know where it went? ER, NO M’HAM!

There are a lot of cherry trees in Macon, GA and they have a Cherry Blossom Festival every Spring. Today Louis and I were going to Macon and I don’t think Georgia is going to have many peaches this year. They have just begun to leaf out; and, usually by this time, they are fully bushed out, and about to bloom and form peaches. I love my peaches! Glad I put up some this past year. When we lived in Macon; my Daddy would bring a bushel of them by my house.

KJ – Our DYS and his family were in Branson, MO just a couple of weeks ago. What a difference a week makes. I emailed them to see if the MS River will be affected down where they live (across from Natchez, MS – which is a lot higher than on the LA side.

I think I might be afraid to serve it to daycare kids … they might think a real litterbox was a cake. That probably would not go over well with their Mama’s. Oh, for the last baby shower I went to, they had melted different chocolate candy bars and put the stuff inside a Pamper’s and passed them around and you were supposed to ‘guess’ what kind of candy bar it was. I lost my taste for chocolate candy for several months. No, I would not ‘think’ it would be very appetizing to cut into a Red Velvet cake shaped like a baby. When I win a prize at a bridal or baby shower I will present it to the bride or mother-to-be. It is usually something they can use for a different purpose. I won a make-up bag; which would be just the right size to put about 5 or 6 Pampers in. I usually tell them ‘what I think I’d use it for’ when I do.

Lanette – I’ll get around to posting some, hopefully soon. Right at the moment I have lost an ‘elephant’s heart’ … I am aiming for his penis. Took the Weight Chart comparison chart with me last time I went in for weigh-in. Estee thought it as hysterical.

Heather – Having grown up as the daughter of an attorney; and, working in the legal field most of my adult life … I don’t understand people who have the attitude of “I want what I want, when I want it; and, I don’t care who I hurt to get it.” Some people just think they have to gripe about something to get a ‘good’ deal (or not have to pay for it). Our ‘estranged’ daughter was married to a man who was about my age (or older) and he would always … ALWAYS gripe about how things were done, use intimidate and threats to get away without having to pay to get things done. That’s just wrong! Louis had a client who would build Southern Living Homes and live in them for a year, build another one and sell the first one. He was the same way. He would have 2 door jams in a corner; and, he’d take a dental mirror to make sure the trim was painted and that neither the wall paint nor the trim paint were on the other. How many people are going to look in that 1 or 2 inch space. I asked Louis why he did not paint that area before they put up the trim and paint the trim before it was put up. Timing! The carpenters are in and out BEFORE the painter comes in. Then the flooring guys. This guy would pick job to death. Then he got into trouble with one 2-story house that had chimneys at both ends of the house; that leaned in. He did not want to have to tear them down and build them again. I think the owner sued him because he did not build houses for a while. He also would sub-let jobs and not pay them, most of the carpenters, painters, and electricians made sure they got enough up front to pay them for the job. He called one night after we had move out here and I recognized his voice. I told him that Louis was in the shower and could I give him a message? He said he wanted a quote. Louis did not call him back; so he called Louis and before he answered the phone I told him that if he did not quote him some really outrageous amount to paint for him again, I did NOT want to listen to him. So the man wanted ‘just’ a quote on the outside, just trim, brick house. I think he wanted Louis to quote a price because Louis’ quote sometimes was lower. So he told him, ‘well sight unseen, $30,000 for the trim and soffit. I could hear the man cursing and I was standing in the den. He asked Louis if he was serious … YEAH, serious as a heart attack. Never heard from him again. I don’t think he is in town any longer. He was someone that I would say was a *^$#^&*(_(%$709 person.

Heather – Work is WORK is you don’t like what you are doing. IF you are lucky enough to enjoy and love what you do for your job, you will NEVER work a day in your life. I have always enjoyed the jobs I have had; but, I am very happy NOT working. It would be far to ‘stressful’ for me to attempt to work after being ‘retired on a disability’ … I know what my ‘limits’ are. My last boss made ‘working’ a lot of fun. Easy going, laid back, and we laughed all the time. We’d prank one another.

Kate UK – You also probably got a good deal if you bought it ‘off season’ on it as well. It is very nice.

Katla – We’re staying with DirecTV; we’ve been with them since before we moved out here 16+ years ago; but, they have jacked up our monthly rate until now it is ‘double’. But, we got a Netflix account. Just got the first DVD to watch. Will do that later this week.

Since we could not use our remote for about an hour, when we did get it fixed the picture seems a lot clearer than before. I hope it stays this clear.

Lenora

May Goals: Walk everyday (unless it is raining)
    Watch what I am eating and tracking everything
    Hopefully I will hit my goal, no later than July
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Instead of April Fools. We had May Fools with snow falling today. Fortunately none of it stuck.

Love all the flower pictures.

Goal for May is to get to pool as often as i can to do knee exercises.

One of my colleagues came in on crutches today because of her knee. She is in worse shape than me.

:heart: Margaret
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    April was not good.
    May must be better.

dcdickerson2 ... (I think I got that right) ... so sorry to hear of your loss. Welcome to a very supportive group of women.

Beth near Buffalo