Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    R-2, #4?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Pip - 2nd row from the top, #4...or 3rd row from the top, #3?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: We will need to celebrate your fifth anniversary when it comes up. Mine will be in October. Today my allowed calories match my number of days on MFP. I don't expect that to ever happen again. :noway:

We're off to the eye doctor for DH so I'll have to come back later.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I got up early and put on my vivofit. It helps me remember what I'm doing! I made a yummy breakfast of French Toast, bananas, maple syrup.

2 slices Sara Lee 45/cal a slice wheat bread, 2 eggs, 2 Tblsp Half and Half, cinnamon, soak bread in egg mixture, cook in skillet using Pam spray. slice bananas and put on top the French Toast and drizzle with 2 Tblsp Maple syrup. 444 calories.

I have a lot to do today since it's the first of the month. Besides banking, I have to run to the doctor's office and pick a prescription for compression stockings. The medical supply store wouldn't sell compression stockings without one. My left leg from my knee to my toes are still really swollen from the blood clot I had in March. It's feeling better but by 2:00 pm I have to lie down and get it up on some pillows.

Michelle Yes, you have to be 65 and have a Medicare card. The "Y" bills Medicare after 8 visits. And yes, you can use all the facilities there.

lhscapil I take vitamins also; a multivitamin (for over 50), Krill Oil for Omega 3, and Calcium. My doctor suggested calcium. I notice a difference, especially if I miss my Krill Oil for a few days, my joints in my hands start hurting.

I love the flowers that are posted!

Happy May Day!
    Glad maj dag!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Our Medigap supplemental insurance here in WA state includes "Silver & Fit" - similar to Silver Sneakers. We can go to the gym and use all of the equipment, attend all fitness classes included in the regular gym membership. I'm not aware there's a minimum number of times a person has to attend. Personal trainers and special classes cost extra.

Also I have a question on Turmeric - Curcumin. Some of you gals mentioned you take it. What strength and does it include the black pepper "piperine"? I'd like to give it a try but wondering if the pepper part will do a job on my tummy. Perhaps if taken with food it's OK?

Thanks in advance, ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    From what I understand from various medical programmes, a multi vitamin is largely a waste of money, with most of the vitamin just washed down the toilet. :o Some of us are deficient in D3, especially if you avoid the sun, like I do, (though I have never been deficient in a blood test) or live in very northern climes. I do take one as an insurance. I take the turmeric with pepper and it seems to be helping. :D I also take beetroot capsules and that has made a difference to my blood pressure. (It only works for some people) Calcium is not generally recommended, (isn't easily absorbed) but more dairy products are.
    Basically, I thought I would try the ones with scientific backing. So far, so good. Though if money is short, a balanced diet is all you need. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Come on Pip, that smile is easy to recognize. White sweater vest 2nd row from top #4, long hair, same beautiful smile!!!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Pip: 2nd row from top. Print blouse and white sweater vest.

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day, ladies -

Barbie - thank you for keeping us going

Missed my TOPS meeting today (not at all like me) I just had to sleep in. I have not been getting very good sleep since things kind of unraveled with hubby last Monday. Kind of disappointed because I know I would have shown a loss.

Becca - we did May baskets, too. We would put lilacs, gum, candy, and little notes in ours. When we delivered them we would put them on the porch, ring the doorbell, and hide to watch the neighbors get the basket surprise.

Katiebug - I missed you, too.

Well, getting ready for study group now. I will check in later.

Goals for May
    Log honestly, even on "bad" days
    Water aerobics 3 times a week
    Continue sorting/purging/organizing
    Lose 6 pounds

Word for 2017 - FOCUS

TnToni
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    NY KAREN - That is terrible! Is it not possible to say something, or get together with a few like minded souls and make a representation. Why do they want to kill you? :noway:
    I can't believe the hoops you US folks have to jump through, just to go to work. :'( Junk food should be banned from the workplace as they ban it for kids in schools.

Today my DH remembered it is our 14th "meeting anniversary" on Saturday. It's hard to believe we have been together that long. It still feels like a new and fresh relationship. <3 How lucky I was to meet him at the age of 53.
    He suggested he buy me something nice to wear on our cruise in August. :D So we are going to Winchester by train. Unfortunately there are works on the line on Saturday :sad: , so we are going on Friday. :o I have booked a nice French lunch at our favourite window table, then we will saunter round the shops. I have got him a book about cricket. :laugh: Will also get him some chocolates. :p
    So that is posh lunches two days running! Out on Thursday with my Portsmouth friend. :o Will have to use all my whiles to not eat too much.

Tonight's lamb curry was fabulous. Used chard from the garden and frozen peas. Yum! With raita it came in at 375 calories. No rice for me.

Katla - My 5th MFP anniversary is in August. I did the first few months on my own as I already had a very good knowledge of CICO. Then I discovered you lot! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    All of u were right :0) I remember taking my glasses off, they were thick. Needless to say I am blind there
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) I don't take a multi-vitamin, just 5,000 mg of D3 plus a little extra calcium even though I eat a dairy rich diet. What I eat every day is very nutrition dense and my energy level is generally high, so I guess it's working.

:) While walking this morning I listened to a podcast called "the minimalist" and came home and decluttered several spots in my house.

<3 Barbie from drizzly NW Washington
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother Goose Day!

Philip and I had a good time at the Greyt Gatsby fundraiser, which was on our anniversary, and it was a big night for our foster boy Waco. He met his new forever mom at the event. We packed his little suitcase and he went home with her, so we've got an open spot again. The first thing Luna did the next morning was run and look at Waco's crate, but I think she's enjoying being an only dog again now.

Today is the first day we're cooking for Matt (our friend who's having brain surgery), so I made two casseroles last night so we'd have one for us and one to deliver. Everyone he's talked to about the electrode implants has told him they were sorry they didn't do it sooner, so he's feeling pretty good about the impending surgery. Philip and another friend shaved their heads and surprised Matt at his own head-shaving appointment. Philip wears his hair very short, so I was surprised at how different he looked with it completely gone!

I have been getting in my own way lately, and as a result I'm losing and gaining the same five pounds over and over. Cooking for Matt will help, though, because it will force me to plan and cook meals. May's a tough month, what with the anniversary of my mom's passing falling right between Philip's birthday (today) and mine (the 10th). The Mother's Day commercials still get me down.

Welcome to all the newcomers! I'm wishing you all a lovely day

-Yvonne in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Our Medicare supplemental insurance pays for gym memberships and I suspect they pay a lot less out in doctor's bills because of it. We take Spring Valley whole herb Turmeric/Curcurmin 500 mg daily. It has been beneficial for digestion and also thinking ability. We get it at Walmart. :flowerforyou:

Karen & Heather: Speaking as a retired teacher, I think that teacher appreciation generally turns out to be sweets, fat, & Starbucks. Sad for health, but people who are chronically exhausted snarf up caffeine and sugar as fast as they can. Most teachers seem to fit the chronically exhausted description. I know I did. :ohwell:

We had a busy morning, starting with an eye appointment for DH. We also went looking for hardware to use on new doors to the storage area under the stairs, but didn't find anything we both liked. After we got home we took recyclables to the recycle station and cans & bottles to the food bank. Oregon has had a bottle bill for years that pays out a nickle for each beverage can & bottle that is returned. (The consumer pays this at purchase time and gets the money back when the bottles are recycled.) We could take the cans and bottles back to the store for the money but prefer to donate them to the food bank so they can use the money to help feed people.

Unfortunately I had to miss yoga today. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Karla you said it!! Being Exhausted and stressed leads to poor choices. Wouldn't it be lovely to have had a table full of roasted veggies or salad or fruit.
    Or how about a simple thank you card??
    NYKAREN
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    B)
    Sarah
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Michele in nc I always pick a weird temp, because I can. I suppose 375' is fine. I was baking thick slices of potatoes for my husbands homemade French fries as well. I checked every 5 minutes, turning them over each time. I turned them about 3 times, or so. It was my first time making them so it looks like they can dry out and burn easily. The edges were brown, but the inside still was creamy. Exactly like I like'em! They were kind of chewy. Yummy!
    Becca