Anybody what exercises like crazy 5-6 days a week (burn more than 2,000 cal daily)?

Options
124»

Replies

• ErinMichelle31
    ErinMichelle31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever burned those kinds of calories daily was when I was on the swim team. We practiced at 4:30 in the morning for 1.5 hours, and then again in the evenings for 2 six days per week. It was my whole childhood!
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    if you are losing weight then I really wouldnt worry too much,but once you get down to a smaller weight you may have to try and be more accurate with things. do you have negative adjustments enabled or?

I don't have them turned on...but I'm going to turn them on right now. It seems like it would make sense to let it correct any mistakes it thinks it has made.

My major concern in my progress right now is basically keep my *kitten* mentally together. I don't really know how else to put it. I don't want to crash and burn, as I've been thinking about weight loss for the last several years but I've never been able to really get motivated and get a mindset of activity into action. I think the daily MFP/Fitbit thing is helping me focus on a healthy lifestyle.

I feel like I'm in a pretty good pattern atm...been working increasingly hard for a couple of months, eating a lot, exercising a lot, never hungry (this also makes me nervous, but I'm not sure I can articulate why)...don't get too sore from lifting weights, feet don't hurt...and I've lost weight, but I'm nervous it'll stop and I need to double what I've lost already before I suspect it would be the best advice to take a more considered approach (for example, I don't weigh my food...I buy food that I can scan instead and do my best guess for what's left...and I typically have a huge calorie deficit showing).

The reason I have chosen (at least for the current time being) to try to have a high exercise level instead of restraining what I eat is probably mainly due to failure and the resulting sadness in the past from having a lower calorie diet.

I'll never be a skinny mini-me...but I also don't think I want to be. I think I can be happy at anywhere from 215-225 and eat/exercise/enjoy sports at that level without difficulty. I just have to get there.

I was pretty athletic in high-school and played football (and was good at it) and did shot put and discus in track (which I sucked at)...but I was too big for my aesthetic tastes at that time and in college I lost I think it was 70 pounds in one year...but ended up in retrospect far too thin. I'm a stick and bones at 175. I don't want to do that again, and want to conserve the strength that I have and add to it because I think it will afford me a more enjoyable and athletic lifestyle.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if you are losing weight then I really wouldnt worry too much,but once you get down to a smaller weight you may have to try and be more accurate with things. do you have negative adjustments enabled or?

I don't have them turned on...but I'm going to turn them on right now. It seems like it would make sense to let it correct any mistakes it thinks it has made.

My major concern in my progress right now is basically keep my *kitten* mentally together. I don't really know how else to put it. I don't want to crash and burn, as I've been thinking about weight loss for the last several years but I've never been able to really get motivated and get a mindset of activity into action. I think the daily MFP/Fitbit thing is helping me focus on a healthy lifestyle.

I feel like I'm in a pretty good pattern atm...been working increasingly hard for a couple of months, eating a lot, exercising a lot, never hungry (this also makes me nervous, but I'm not sure I can articulate why)...don't get too sore from lifting weights, feet don't hurt...and I've lost weight, but I'm nervous it'll stop and I need to double what I've lost already before I suspect it would be the best advice to take a more considered approach (for example, I don't weigh my food...I buy food that I can scan instead and do my best guess for what's left...and I typically have a huge calorie deficit showing).

The reason I have chosen (at least for the current time being) to try to have a high exercise level instead of restraining what I eat is probably mainly due to failure and the resulting sadness in the past from having a lower calorie diet.

I'll never be a skinny mini-me...but I also don't think I want to be. I think I can be happy at anywhere from 215-225 and eat/exercise/enjoy sports at that level without difficulty. I just have to get there.

I was pretty athletic in high-school and played football (and was good at it) and did shot put and discus in track (which I sucked at)...but I was too big for my aesthetic tastes at that time and in college I lost I think it was 70 pounds in one year...but ended up in retrospect far too thin. I'm a stick and bones at 175. I don't want to do that again, and want to conserve the strength that I have and add to it because I think it will afford me a more enjoyable and athletic lifestyle.

as for scanning things they can be off calorie wise,packaging can be off by up to 20% so if you are worried you can always get a food scale and weigh things and enter correct entries for more accuracy.you may or may have a big deficit calorie wise. you dont want too big of a deficit though as its not sustainable in the long run. I would get a cheap scale and weigh everything you scan just to see what the difference is.

the best part about losing weight is being able to eat more and still lose. slow weight loss is best(unless a health issue forces fast weight loss IE:heart failure,etc). weight/fat all comes down to a deficit. exercise is going to add to the deficit but again you dont want to have too much of a deficit. fast weight loss can result in health issues(gall stones is one). you can still focus on the healthy parts which to me is a good thing to do as well.

you also dont want to overdo it on the exercise either as it can lead to injuries.but if what you are doing is currently working for you (as long as you are eating enough food to fuel your body and workouts and you arent fatigued or having other side effects) then for now just focus on what you are doing. you dont have to restrain what you eat,just have to eat less of it to lose weight. I still eat the things I love in moderation.I couldnt be the person who overly restricts things either. you wont crash and burn unless you are over doing it with the exercise and under eating.