30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Balaga8611 wrote: »
    OMG! I totally fell off the wagon. A good friend of mine just passed away. I've been at the hospital since Wednesday night with her and her family. Ate nothing but carbs! HUGE weight gain, I'm sure it is mostly water, but I'm getting back on track. Starting right now!

So sorry for your loss
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I must tell you guys - today is day 4 for me and I have really enjoyed this challenge! I hate leaving my comfort zone and that is usually why I fail. I have LOVED this! My weigh days are Fridays. I weighed this morning and I have lost 5.8 pounds since last Friday! I wasn't 100% prior to Tuesday either! I'm pretty sure it's mostly water weight and a shock to the system but it's WORKING! Thank you!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    kpdover wrote: »
    I must tell you guys - today is day 4 for me and I have really enjoyed this challenge! I hate leaving my comfort zone and that is usually why I fail. I have LOVED this! My weigh days are Fridays. I weighed this morning and I have lost 5.8 pounds since last Friday! I wasn't 100% prior to Tuesday either! I'm pretty sure it's mostly water weight and a shock to the system but it's WORKING! Thank you!

Congrats on that loss!!! Water weight is still weight! Keep kicking *kitten*
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    For the noobs that are not familiar with this great resource:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight

Good Luck!
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    Yesterday I was pretty good... 34 Total and 31 net.

Today might be a bit of a challenge since I am going to be crazy busy and I will need to find some sort of low carb dinner to eat on the go tonight. Any thoughts on a good dinner that is low carb and can be eaten while driving???

Do you mind from fast food places or can you cook it to take it to go?
  • stephyyyo
    Options

Wooow that's amazing !!!! Thanks for letting us know it keeps us inspired! :)
  • Aikar
    Aikar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, some of it it's actually helpful.

However on the reason why to even join this...ummmm...for the community and for the accountability? Who has time to actually go on each and every diary anyway? Instead we can have the accountability as a group and post how many grams of carbs we ate and help each other.

If someone doesn't want to join then don't, no reason to say anything against it.

Thanks for the thoughts and specially the links.

While checking in every now and then might be what you feel is best for you, clearly enough of us joined this challenge and are thankful to have a place to post our numbers daily and talk about what we are dealing with. Studies show that group support makes a difference in weight loss. The fact is, we are not all stalking each others diaries, we are here to chat and support, share, and be accountable. It is actually a really fantastic thing!

Sorry maybe I didn't word it great. I was not being negative about this challenge, it's great! I was trying to say as a suggestion, instead of asking for daily, ask people post occasional status updates (and essentially what many have already been doing anyways) and then list daily numbers.

The way it's worded makes it sound as if 'you must post daily to join!!!' which may discourage some people from accepting obligation.

Just suggesting a re-word is all :)

Someone friended me today which reminded me, I am open to new keto friends!
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Today might be a bit of a challenge since I am going to be crazy busy and I will need to find some sort of low carb dinner to eat on the go tonight. Any thoughts on a good dinner that is low carb and can be eaten while driving???

Here are some suggestions for on the go meals:
    Fast food: see if there are any fast food restaurants in your area that give you the "low Carb" or "protein style" option for your burger, it's just the patties wrapped in lettuce few to no carbs. In my area I go to In & out or Carl's Jr. for these options. (If you can't find this just toss the buns and eat the patties)
    Also KFC has the grilled kitchen option no carbs there.
    Even Taco Bell or Chipotle you can get the steak or chicken burrito bowls, no rice/beans. Just get lettuce, meat, cheese, guacamole and sour cream no carbs in that.
    Or if you find yourself at any restaurant there is always a chicken option whether salad or with vegetables and don't eat the other sides. Perfect for when your out to dinner with friends and family.

And if your super crunched on time just grab a pack of deli meat turkey has only a couple carbs, roast beef and chicken zero. Grab a pack of cheese same deal too.

Hope this helps man,
  • littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Balaga8611 wrote: »
    OMG! I totally fell off the wagon. A good friend of mine just passed away. I've been at the hospital since Wednesday night with her and her family. Ate nothing but carbs! HUGE weight gain, I'm sure it is mostly water, but I'm getting back on track. Starting right now!

Your dear heart :( My Dad died just 12 days short of a year ago. I had started smoking. I smoked till 2 months ago. I quit. It was somehow easy. So then I quit gluten, that was some how easy too..... so then I jumped full into intermittent fasting and Keto. That is going well as long as I have the right food in the house. I don't cheat so much as suffer if I don't have the right foods. Anyway, husband figured out I focused my grief into this WOL. Not sure if that will work for you too now.

I am so sorry about your friend, and the crap food available at the hospital for guests. Do you think some of it was comfort eating too? A short spiritual/physical fast might be helpful if that is something your up to. Just 24 hours as a "reset" and time to be miserable? Sometimes we just need time to not be ok and sometimes a reset helps a lot.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    maxapeden wrote: »

Fast food: see if there are any fast food restaurants in your area that give you the "low Carb" or "protein style" option for your burger, it's just the patties wrapped in lettuce few to no carbs. In my area I go to In & out or Carl's Jr. for these options. (If you can't find this just toss the buns and eat the patties)
    Even Taco Bell or Chipotle you can get the steak or chicken burrito bowls, no rice/beans. Just get lettuce, meat, cheese, guacamole and sour cream no carbs in that.
    Or if you find yourself at any restaurant there is always a chicken option whether salad or with vegetables and don't eat the other sides. Perfect for when your out to dinner with friends and family.

And if your super crunched on time just grab a pack of deli meat turkey has only a couple carbs, roast beef and chicken zero. Grab a pack of cheese same deal too.

Hope this helps man,

I did not even think of the Taco Bell option, there is one as I go through my travels tonight. I had already grabbed some babybel cheese for a snack between meetings. Thanks for the ideas
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    maxapeden wrote: »

Hope this helps man,

I did not even think of the Taco Bell option, there is one as I go through my travels tonight. I had already grabbed some babybel cheese for a snack between meetings. Thanks for the ideas

You bet man! Nice babybels are bomb.
    Safe travels,
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Day 4 - 21 total carbs, 15 net carbs and 12 glasses water. I was over my calorie goal but was in the ER most of this afternoon/evening.
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Day 4 - 21 total carbs, 15 net carbs and 12 glasses water. I was over my calorie goal but was in the ER most of this afternoon/evening.

Hope all is well with ya!
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    20 net
  • UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    37 carbs today 5/12/17
  • looweesa
    looweesa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 4
    Net carbs: 33

I've been feeling very weak running on ~10g a day, so I decided to increase carbs a bit today to see if it would help with energy levels during workout. Feeling much better, so I will aim for 20g tmrw to see if that will work as a happy medium.

• ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    13 carbs total
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    palsky wrote: »
    Hold the phone peeps. I'm such a dill pickle I stopped having chia seeds coz my carbs where too high...net carbs you have to subtract fibre. Hell yeah chia seeds are back *kitten*.

love my chia seeds have them every morning
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    May 12 complete
    total carbs 20g
    net carbs 7g
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 5
    Total: 18