30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options
stephyyyo
stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
edited May 2017 in Challenges
Hello all! I want to eat clean and low Carb/low sugar for 30 days. I would love to have people join me as we can motivate each other and keep each other accountable.
Rules-
-Eat less than 50g of carbs per day
-Eat as clean as possible
-Stevia allowed in small quantities (none better)
-Drink water
-stay under your caloric goal (varies from person to person)
-You must fill out diary daily
-Most importantly...you must POST here daily the grams of carbs eaten that day

I would love to lose 10lbs. What's your goal?

Replies

• keyvoice
    keyvoice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. How do I sign up?
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    keyvoice wrote: »
    I'm in. How do I sign up?

Awesome!! Just by replying here like you did. How many lbs would you like to lose these 30 days?

Remember to post your carb intake daily!

Also it helps to make your dairy public for accountability- but it's not necessary.

Best of luck to us!
  • Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I will attempt to keep my Total Carbs between 20-25 grams daily, and would love to lose 10 pounds, but that may be a bit ambitious!
    -Nancy
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Balaga8611 wrote: »
    Count me in!
    I will attempt to keep my Total Carbs between 20-25 grams daily, and would love to lose 10 pounds, but that may be a bit ambitious!
    -Nancy

Hi Nancy! Sounds awesome! If you can stay in between that it would be amazing as you would for certain reach keto, Best of luck! Yes I agree it may be ambitious for me as well but it doesn't hurt to have a big goal to try and reach :)

• Balaga8611
    Options
    Thanks, Stephyyo!
    I am leaving this afternoon to visit my daughter in Austin for a couple of days, so I will have no control over what I eat, but I'm sure I can do it! She is very supportive. :)

I have made my diary public, so you will be able to peek at it. I hope you will do the same. I love getting ideas by looking at other people's food diaries!

-Nancy
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Nancy-
    How fun! Good thing is finding keto things to eat is easy it's just the discipline but this challenge will help with that! ;) and yes I will make it public!
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I normally try to keep my carbs under 40 and net carbs around 30 or less.

SW: 139.9
    GW (6/5/2017): 130

Good luck everyone!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    I'm in! I normally try to keep my carbs under 40 and net carbs around 30 or less.

SW: 139.9
    GW (6/5/2017): 130

Good luck everyone!

Awesome!! Thanks for joining. :)

Sorry if the question is dumb, what do you mean by net carbs?
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Megdnoorman- thanks for the explanation! I'll check out the group for sure.
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm starting to post tomorrow!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Carb Count for Today

Day 1: 11g Total Carbs

Amazing!! I couldn't see your diary for some reason, I might have to add you guys as friends to see it.

• jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to stay under 30-40 grams. My main focus will be my % of Carbs which I plan to keep under 10%. I would like to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days.
  • strangethingsdone
    strangethingsdone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in!

I'm going to try and aim for about 25-30g net carbs a day.
    I'd like to lose 15lbs in the 30 days, although I realize that may be overly ambitious. But that's why it's a goal!

My SW for this challenge is 249.6lbs, GW is 234.6lbs
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    jklepack wrote: »
    I'm going to try to stay under 30-40 grams. My main focus will be my % of Carbs which I plan to keep under 10%. I would like to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days.

Welcome!! Same goal!
    Yeah, I'm in!

I'm going to try and aim for about 25-30g net carbs a day.
    I'd like to lose 15lbs in the 30 days, although I realize that may be overly ambitious. But that's why it's a goal!

My SW for this challenge is 249.6lbs, GW is 234.6lbs

Yess I agree that's why it's a goal! You got this!
  • Balaga8611
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Carb Count for Today

Amazing!! I couldn't see your diary for some reason, I might have to add you guys as friends to see it.

I have it set for Public, so you should be able to see it, but if you can't send me a friend request.

I am doing a Keto WOE, so I try to keep my Total Carbs at 20 or less. I've been doing this for a couple of months now. At first it was a bit challenging, but I have hit my stride, and have figured out how to make it work.
  • keyvoice
    keyvoice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OK, Today is day one and I would like to lose 20 lbs on this challenge. I have a lot of weight to lose and recently gained 35 lbs. back so I think this is realistic. I'll check in tonight with my total carbs. Thanks for getting this started.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Carb Count for Today

I have it set for Public, so you should be able to see it, but if you can't send me a friend request.

I am doing a Keto WOE, so I try to keep my Total Carbs at 20 or less. I've been doing this for a couple of months now. At first it was a bit challenging, but I have hit my stride, and have figured out how to make it work.

If your on the phone app, you can't see diaries unless you are friends for some reason. On the regular website you should be able to see open diaries as well.