30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started doing Keto on May 1 - stay between 18-25 carbs a day - really hoping to lose 15 pounds (I have 100 total) I lost 10 the first week, but figured the majority of that is all water, so thinking 5 more is doable in 3 weeks.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would like to join can I start today but my carbs will be high for today ...but I would like to lose 5lbs or more I usually try to stay under 50
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just saw this challenge listed. I need something to keep me accountable. I'm in... just a couple days late. But I will look up my food logs and post.
  • cindygirl11
    cindygirl11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to adjust the carb count in My Fitness pal?
  • aekihm1979
    aekihm1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can I join this. I have actually been following low carb since the beginning of the month and would really love to be a part of this challenge.
    Pretty much been 20 grams to net carbs (mid 30s for total carbs) since May 1
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options

I am on the app, so it may be a little different than on the website, but basically under the settings section (looks like three dots or an ellipsis on the bottom taskbar of the app) there is a goals icon that looks like a dartboard or bull's-eye, and if you click on that, one of the options is calorie and macro nutrient goals, and that lets you set your macro nutrients such as carbs protein and fat as well as your calories.
  • Fabulous50
    Options
    Day 1 May 8th -- 52 carbs
    Day 2 May 9th -- 48 carbs
    My goal is to lose 8 - 10 lbs this month.
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Memerex5 wrote: »
    Joining!

SW: 218
    GW: 155

Carb Count for Today
    Day 1: 55g net carbs
    Day 2: I really don't want to put my net carbs. I completely blew it today. Did a lot of exercise but also emotionally eating.
    Guess I will fess up. 311g net carbs!!! However, I was under my calories due to lots of exercise. My body sure is letting me know it today! Feels like a stone sitting in my tummy and I am staying close to the potty.
  • fitnesscheck2163
    fitnesscheck2163 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in also! I started the same plan and this is day three for me. I have a goal to lose 60 lbs!!
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    Options

If you mean to calculate Net Carbs you can't :( It isn't something MFP can calculate. Hope they add that feature soon! Just subtract your fiber from your carbs at the end of the day. I'm going to start using the "Notes" section to put my daily Net Carb number in, so I can look back without having to do the math LOL
  • Zuzurillo
    Options
    Joining!

SW: 218
    GW: 155

Carb Count for Today
    Day 1: 55g net carbs
    Day 2: I really don't want to put my net carbs. I completely blew it today. Did a lot of exercise but also emotionally eating.
    Guess I will fess up. 311g net carbs!!! However, I was under my calories due to lots of exercise. My body sure is letting me know it today! Feels like a stone sitting in my tummy and I am staying close to the potty.

Good for you for "fessing up" ! LOL! We ALL mess up from time to time, so I appreciate your honesty :) Don't stress about it and just get back on the horse as they say! Cheers!
  • littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was not the best day ever! I crumbled in the middle of the night!

Total carbs: 26
    Net: 15

Caleries in the 1500 :(

My first bad day in 10 days.
  • Zuzurillo
    edited May 2017
    Options

Calories in the 1500 :(

Don't think of it as a bad day. I woke up this morning and after 12 days on keto ( averaging about 1400 cals, 17g,C, 67g P, 99g F) I gained back one of the two I lost. WTF? 2 lbs in 12, and now one gained back. I burst into tears I was so frustrated. I was so upset I ruined the rest of my family's mornings. LOL/UGH. I'm trying to not think of it as "good or bad" but just trying to press on. Don't get discouraged littlecrunchy1 !
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    count me in i actually started last Wednesday 5-3-2017 but got series since Thursday 5-10-2017 till now

i been averaging about 50carbs net carbs about 30

just started intermediate fasting so 1st time i eat is at 2pm so between 2pm and 10pm are my times to eat
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ni_kki wrote: »
    I'm in! I started doing Keto on May 1 - stay between 18-25 carbs a day - really hoping to lose 15 pounds (I have 100 total) I lost 10 the first week, but figured the majority of that is all water, so thinking 5 more is doable in 3 weeks.
    The 10 lbs lost the first week is AMAZING keep it up!
    lfcutie wrote: »
    I would like to join can I start today but my carbs will be high for today ...but I would like to lose 5lbs or more I usually try to stay under 50

Okay no worries start tomorrow by posting your total carbs. :)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options

Caleries in the 1500 :(

1500 is not a bad day... especially with your carbs that low.
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5-4-17
    79 carb
    5 fiber
    74 NET CARBS

5-5-17
    66 carbs
    14 fiber
    52 NET CARBS

5-6-17
    8 carbs
    1 fiber
    7 NET CARBS

5-7-17
    42 carbs
    22 fiber
    20 NET CARBS

5-8-17
    90 carbs
    29 fiber
    61 NET CARBS

5-9-17
    51 carbs
    10 fiber
    41 NET CARBS

i think im doing it right someone correct me if im wrong thanks
  • Fabulous50
    Options
    Fabulous50 wrote: »
    Day 1 May 8th -- 52 carbs
    Day 2 May 9th -- 48 carbs
    My goal is to lose 8 - 10 lbs this month.

Net carbs...
    May 8th = 47
    May 9th = 38

• wendyandmooch
    wendyandmooch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    calories 1434
    23g carbs
  • Lonnie3016
    Lonnie3016 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options