Memerex5 wrote: »
    Joining!

SW: 218
    GW: 155

Carb Count for Today
    Day 1: 55g net carbs
    Day 2: I really don't want to put my net carbs. I completely blew it today. Did a lot of exercise but also emotionally eating.
    Guess I will fess up. 311g net carbs!!! However, I was under my calories due to lots of exercise. My body sure is letting me know it today! Feels like a stone sitting in my tummy and I am staying close to the potty.
    Day 3: 98g net carbs. Still learning this whole low carb thing. I was doing very well until after dinner. Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a true carb addict. I actually crave pasta! Wonder if there is a 12 step program?
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @Memerex5 what did you eat after dinner? Maybe some people here can provide tips on replacement foods that are lower carb.
  • kboo121
    kboo121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went over my carb goal
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @Memerex5 what did you eat after dinner? Maybe some people here can provide tips on replacement foods that are lower carb.
    Hmmm let's see. Lol. Pretzel flips, fudge pop, and ice cream. I think I didn't get enough protein today so I was extremely hungry by dinner and then only ate 2 cheese hot dogs. Thus the binge eating. Funny they were all chocolate related. Nothing to do with women's issues either....had that removed over 15years ago from cancer.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hmmm let's see. Lol. Pretzel flips, fudge pop, and ice cream. I think I didn't get enough protein today so I was extremely hungry by dinner and then only ate 2 cheese hot dogs. Thus the binge eating. Funny they were all chocolate related. Nothing to do with women's issues either....had that removed over 15years ago from cancer.

Maybe it would be a good idea to buy some really dark chocolate (the darker the better from a carb standpoint )and eat a piece or two of that with some nuts each night after dinner. You should be able to work it in to your cal/carb allotment and maybe planning it ahead of time will prevent the binge?

Other ideas:

-ketogenic cheesecake (tons of recipes online)
    -Dark chocolate dipped strawberries - a little higher carb, but you could probably fit 2 or 3 into your plan.
    -berries with whipped cream (literally just whipped heavy whipping cream - tastes great and 0 carb, you can add some stevia or xylitol or Splenda to sweeten - you can also add cocoa powder to the whipped cream to make it extr decadent for only a few more carbs)
    -chocolate fat bombs (again tons of recipes online, but many are melted chocolate with butter or coconut oil and almond butter that you chill or freeze to
    Make little candies)

If you have one, check out ketogenic desserts on Pinterest. There are tons of recipes and ideas.

Hope this helps!
  • looweesa
    looweesa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually started my first round of keto on Tuesday, hope it is still okay to participate.

5/9/17
    Total carbs: 23
    Fiber: 12
    Net: 11

5/10/17
    Total carbs: 23
    Fiber: 12
    Net: 11

I ate nearly the same both days (give or take some cheese). I tapered off carb/sugar a few days before officially starting. I think that has helped with cravings which were really bad on day 1, but non-existent today.
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For Net Carbs on MFP try

The last thing you need to create a perfect keto MFP setup is a special script that adds net carbs to the measurement statistics:

Go to this link: https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript
    Install the script. Note, because of the way Firefox and Chrome now work you’ll have to install greasemonkey (firefox) or tampermonkey (chrome or safari) and then the script. This is described in the link above.
    Once the script is installed, and assuming you added the columns added above, you will have three additions to your MFP:
    Net Carbs Column
    Carb / Fat / Protein percentages for each meal / total
    Pie chart showing percentage of calories for Carb / Fat / Protein

• ballster_7
    ballster_7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to join! But how am I suppose to know how much carbs I can't eat in a day?

Thank you
    Shari Rakkar
  • perkyjenny
    perkyjenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late--I'm joining in and logging starting tomorrow! Thanks
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    32 carbs with cal deff for the day.
    Good job everybody
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ballster_7 wrote: »
    I want to join! But how am I suppose to know how much carbs I can't eat in a day?

Thank you
    Shari Rakkar

Shari, just make sure to eat under 50g of carbs per day this will trigger your body to go into ketosis. However It rages person to person try and eat as few as possible around 20 is ideal.

Best,
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 3

Total = 9
    Net= 7
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Memerex5- I think it's safe to say all of us here are Carb addicts. The first step you have to take is write down the reasons, your personal reasons why you want to reach a certain goal or lose a certain weight. Second would be to throw away or give away any Carb food in your house like pasta, chocolate, sugar, cereal, bread, etc. And stock it with fresh veggies, lean protein, cheese, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, fresh, berries and apples. And then eat only that. Allowing yourself a little of this or that just causes us to end up binging more and more. If you need a treat allow one Zero cal treat a day like I give myself one treat a day with my iced coffee with sugar free vanilla and that's all.
    Research the benefits of eating clean and more primal, your body will only look but feel better.
    Make yourself lists of foods allowed and u can only stick to those and give yourself motivation daily that if u take it day by day you will achieve it.
    These are my suggestions but then again this has to come from each and everyone of us, deep within us the motivation to eat better look better and be better day by day! That's why I set up the 30 day goal so we have an end goal in mind.
    Let's keep it up. :smile:
  • littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Zuzurillo wrote: »
    Yesterday was not the best day ever! I crumbled in the middle of the night!

Total carbs: 26
    Net: 15

Calories in the 1500 :(

My first bad day in 10 days.

Don't think of it as a bad day. I woke up this morning and after 12 days on keto ( averaging about 1400 cals, 17g,C, 67g P, 99g F) I gained back one of the two I lost. WTF? 2 lbs in 12, and now one gained back. I burst into tears I was so frustrated. I was so upset I ruined the rest of my family's mornings. LOL/UGH. I'm trying to not think of it as "good or bad" but just trying to press on. Don't get discouraged littlecrunchy1 !

Maybe that is just the way of it at this point? We deal with the water weight and then have to push while we wait for the body to burn the actual fat? How are you dealing with the keto flu?
  • littlecrunchy190
    Options
    So yesterday wasn't so bad. Trying to figure out why I am not losing at this point beyond the first few days of water weight (day 12 now) and so I avoided sweeteners. Did drink a Hint Kick though for the caffeine, that seemed to help my day a bit!

Total Carbs: 6
    Cals: 878

Feeling lazy and just wanting beef and broccoli today without cooking but who knows what the carbs in that would be from the Chinese take out down the street! Just.... blah. I know we are supposed to get energy from keto at some point but I still feel like I am dealing with Keto Flu, though not near as bad as day 6 was!
  • littlecrunchy190
    Options
    Ugh... hanging my head in shame. My aunt and uncle took me out to dinner... there were margaritas and fajitas...

I did my best estimation in my diary and I'm quite a bit over :neutral:

Total: 77
    Net: 70

Ugh. My cals weren't too bad, only in the 1500-1600 range, so hopefully my scale doesn't hate me in the morning.

Back on track!

I'm in Texas, btw (but we move around a lot so I'll be on the west coast in a month or two).

Do you think the 70 carbs will knock you out of Ketosis? That is my big fear and why I don't dare cheat, I don't want to deal with the worse of keto flu again, I am almost past it. LOL I hope you recover and have some great days!
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So yesterday wasn't so bad. Trying to figure out why I am not losing at this point beyond the first few days of water weight (day 12 now) and so I avoided sweeteners. Did drink a Hint Kick though for the caffeine, that seemed to help my day a bit!

Total Carbs: 6
    Cals: 878

Feeling lazy and just wanting beef and broccoli today without cooking but who knows what the carbs in that would be from the Chinese take out down the street! Just.... blah. I know we are supposed to get energy from keto at some point but I still feel like I am dealing with Keto Flu, though not near as bad as day 6 was!

The tiredness and laziness might be from eating too little calories, make sure you are adding enough healthy fats like avocado and enough protein and green veggies. The difference it made for me once I added avocado to a meal was great. Also some berries or an orange can help too.
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just saw this and would love to join. sw: 181lbs. would like to lose 10 lbs. will start logging in tomorrow.
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today I have to pee constantly hope this is a positive sign of locking into Keto. Day 4 I think,

Net carbs 15g battling on. Just realised there is so much u can eat on Keto. So far I've also quit sugar completely this really helps. One day I will drink again.
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @stepyyo how do u make diary public? Also not sure if that tag is going to work.