30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• MrsS9296
    MrsS9296 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just began keto today as well, would love to join your group :) I would love to lose 15-20 lbs. I am typically a very slow loser on other diets, so I thought, what the heck?
  • 4ever_musclelicious
    4ever_musclelicious Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join your challenge. Today is Day 1. My husband and I are doing this together and yesterday we spent the afternoon prepping our breakfast and lunch meals for the week. My goal is to lose 15lbs in the next 30 days, as well as lose the sugar addiction.

I am breastfeeding my 7 week old baby, so my weight loss goal may really be ambitious. I'm NOT one of those moms who drops weight with breastfeeding alone (super jealous of those moms). My plan is to stick with 20 g or less of carbs. However, if I notice a drop in milk production, I will slowly add in more carbs.

I will go make my diary public now
  • KetoBetsy
    KetoBetsy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Definitely joining! Love to have a group of motivational, like minded people working towards the same goals! I'm pretty new to this so please add me and feel free to share your secrets!
  • KetoBetsy
    KetoBetsy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh also I will be under 30net carbs. Not focused on calories as much but would like to be around 2000. I dont use any sweeteners and would like to lose 8-10lbs but weight is not my main concern.
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Balaga8611-
    That's awesome, have you lost weight the past 2 months doing this?
    Megdnoorman- thanks for the info that's probably why, I'll check your diaries on the website.
    MrsS9296, 4ever_musclelicious, KetoBetsy-- welcome to the challenge!!

Can't wait to see all of our posts tonight :)

• ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I'm starting today...my carb goal is between 25net carbs. My goal is to drop about 10lbs in 30 days.
  • qtpiej0801
    qtpiej0801 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to start ?
  • millymc
    millymc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Want to loose 10 lbs! Will stay under 45 carbs!
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late. If not, I'm in! I want to lose 10 pounds! I just made my diary public in hopes of staying accountable. I typically carb cycle but would love to give Keto a shot for 30-days and see how I do! I'm so so excited. This is just what I was looking for! My first day will be tomorrow as I just found this challenge this evening.
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    ssl0905 wrote: »
    I would like to join. I'm starting today...my carb goal is between 25net carbs. My goal is to drop about 10lbs in 30 days.
    qtpiej0801 wrote: »
    Is it too late to start ?
    millymc wrote: »
    I'm in! Want to loose 10 lbs! Will stay under 45 carbs!
    kpdover wrote: »
    I hope I'm not too late. If not, I'm in! I want to lose 10 pounds! I just made my diary public in hopes of staying accountable. I typically carb cycle but would love to give Keto a shot for 30-days and see how I do! I'm so so excited. This is just what I was looking for! My first day will be tomorrow as I just found this challenge this evening.

Welcome! It's not too late if u guys just post daily from here on our :) Best of luck!
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi there! May I join in the fun too? :smiley:

I started a keto diet about a week and half ago and it's taken me that long to figure out my macros etc... and just kind of settle into it. I was looking for just this sort of daily exchange with other members - Whoo Hoo!

I have 20 lbs to lose. I'm older (55) and starting "The Change" ( cue creepy music - LOL!) and all of a sudden I have a bit of extra weight. Due to my hormonal fluctuations/age I've discovered I need to keep my carbs super low so my daily goal is 15grams net carbs per day. I know dropping 20 lbs in a 30 day challenge is unrealistic but I'll take whatever I get! :wink:

Good Luck everyone! I'm on the West coast so I'll log my daily total after dinner in a few hours.
    Cheers!
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Zuzurillo wrote: »
    Hi there! May I join in the fun too? :smiley:

I started a keto diet about a week and half ago and it's taken me that long to figure out my macros etc... and just kind of settle into it. I was looking for just this sort of daily exchange with other members - Whoo Hoo!

I have 20 lbs to lose. I'm older (55) and starting "The Change" ( cue creepy music - LOL!) and all of a sudden I have a bit of extra weight. Due to my hormonal fluctuations/age I've discovered I need to keep my carbs super low so my daily goal is 15grams net carbs per day. I know dropping 20 lbs in a 30 day challenge is unrealistic but I'll take whatever I get! :wink:

Good Luck everyone! I'm on the West coast so I'll log my daily total after dinner in a few hours.
    Cheers!

Welcome! West coast here too. Good luck!!

• MrsS9296
    MrsS9296 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had 25 total carb grams today, net 15. Day one down!
  • Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Balaga8611-

Absolutely! I've lost over 15 pounds in the last 2 months.

Carb Count for Today (Monday): 16g Total Carbs
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What is the timeframe for this challenge?
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Hope I'm not too late. I would love to do this. My goals would be to stay a t 30 total grams of carbs per day and loose 10 lbs.
  • keyvoice
    keyvoice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Carbs 61 grams. I went over on carbs, but I was under my allotted calories. I went out to dinner with my wife. I'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning.
  • Zuzurillo
    Zuzurillo Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Balaga8611 wrote: »
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Balaga8611-

Absolutely! I've lost over 15 pounds in the last 2 months.

Carb Count for Today (Monday): 16g Total Carbs

That's awesome!
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Joining!

SW: 218
    GW: 155

Carb Count for Today
    Day 1: 55g net carbs
  • stephyyyo
    Options
    Welcome Memerex5 and Cathietc!

Day 1 Total Carbs: 44g. :)
    Went out to eat at an Indian food place and was able to get low Carb things. Proud of myself!